Rage 1.1 & Live test sessions

If 1.1 was deployed today with few more fixes (furnitures, guns equipping, stutters)...  

925 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I'm sure this is connected to the bug regarding Mission Row that sucks up all your game memory, 1.1 seems to use more memory for it's improved sync and it's causing people on lower-end computers to lockup and crash.

The same happens on 0.3.7 but it doesn't cause a crash - I don't think it's technically a 1.1 bug and more a gamemode bug which with my tinfoil hat on me makes me think it's something to do with that new police vehicle they added but chances are I'm wrong. 

I have a low-end system and 1.1 has felt A LOT more smooth. 

Initially voted yes but I'm gonna say no.

I honestly don't care too much for clientside mods because to me, modding is too much of a pain in the ass for me to care about it, but

if 1.1 isn't supporting *serverside* mods, then that's a problem. 

I also believe stability is super important, and until the client is *reasonably* stable (close to 0.3.7), we can wait a bit longer.

That being said, I do think that the cover-system is an ESSENTIAL feature. Shootouts as of right now, fucking suck. The improved sync 1.1 offers is indispensable, and its development certainly needs to be the biggest priority.

38 minutes ago, NickyW said:

Initially voted yes but I'm gonna say no.

I honestly don't care too much for clientside mods because to me, modding is too much of a pain in the ass for me to care about it, but

if 1.1 isn't supporting *serverside* mods, then that's a problem. 

I also believe stability is super important, and until the client is *reasonably* stable (close to 0.3.7), we can wait a bit longer.

That being said, I do think that the cover-system is an ESSENTIAL feature. Shootouts as of right now, fucking suck. The improved sync 1.1 offers is indispensable, and its development certainly needs to be the biggest priority.

who saiad that 1.1 doesnt support serverside mods?

every PD, SD vehicle is a serverside mod

gruppe 6 cars

coroner cars

many outfits too

so yes, it supports serverside mods.

2 hours ago, BigSmileLing said:

1.1 will be something that will be added to the server sooner or later, you better get used to the idea that the mods will stop working unless you modify the game files, you cannot stop the progress, rage 0.3.7 will no longer be supported, such as Windows XP and Windows 7.

And yes, that shit near PD happens to me, on 0.3.7 and 1.1, blurry textures, invisible buildings, 5800x, 32gb ram, 3070, SSD.

3 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

who saiad that 1.1 doesnt support serverside mods?

every PD, SD vehicle is a serverside mod

gruppe 6 cars

coroner cars

many outfits too

so yes, it supports serverside mods.

I think he means client side mods, and like I said, they'll be gone on 1.1, wanting or not, RAGE devs don't want to add support to client-side mods.

Just now, Joe said:

Wait, so can someone clarify for me what 1.1 means for client-side mods - I use Redux visual FX, will this still work? And what about the map mod that we use to show street names?

Any mods inside RAGEMP/server resources/IP/dlcpacks won't work.

The only mods that will work will be those installed in/replacing GTA V files, for example Redux, NVE, Visual V, or street names if they are installed in GTA V folder.

Just now, BigSmileLing said:

Any mods inside RAGEMP/server resources/IP/dlcpacks won't work.

The only mods that will work will be those installed in/replacing GTA V files, for example Redux, NVE, Visual V, or street names if they are installed in GTA V folder.

Oh sweet, thanks. I assume mods installed into that folder are like skin mods?