Rage 1.1 & Live test sessions

If 1.1 was deployed today with few more fixes (furnitures, guns equipping, stutters)...  

925 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi everyone,

I would first want to thank everyone who helped so much during these live test sessions. I know it disturbed your roleplay and it annoyed many people, I really apologize for this.

Live test sessions are critical for us to identify issues we wouldn't be able to see on a test server (floating cars, window breaking, furnitures disappearing are all almost not happening if only 10 players are online), and it also helps us improving the stability of the server.

We've started at a server that couldn't run more than 2 hours with 200 players at a server that could run without crashes and 500 players. We've fixed countless of bugs from 1.1, and we still have a lot to fix.

We'll first settle down and fix most of the reported bugs before we start next live session again. These sessions are also extremely complex for me to handle as I have to do them early in the morning, while performing other family duties during the day that cannot wait. Unfortunately these sessions requires a very high focus to quickly restart the server if there is a freeze, or to be able to contain the massive flow of messages coming from everyone reporting bugs (and sometimes 1000x the same bug).

As these 3 sessions of today and past days have really exhausted me physically and mentally, I'll just relax and work on your reported bugs, and also try to reproduce the rage bugs to record videos for them.

I'll first focus on fixing high priority bugs : disappearing furnitures, stuttering (which might be coming from mods? it remains unknown yet), the random gun equipped when leaving a car, etc.

Once I'll be confident that most bugs have been fixed, we might perform a live test session again, but do not expect it before the end of January.

Rage team have been following our live tests very closely and also want to hear your feedback regarding 1.1, as not all servers have a community that stays as long on the game like you all do. So feel free to leave your feedback here on the poll too!

• Upvote 10
  • Thanks 3