Preventing illegal activities on new characters

Chaishi

4 hours ago, Speedy. said:

I agree with this. The topic won’t be supported by me. 

You agree that it is physically impossible for someone to go three hours without committing one of two very specific crimes? ...that the standard for good roleplay is to either mug or murder someone at least once within three hour periods?

Participating in various criminal acts is fine, this is mainly to limit muggings and murders for the first three hours of a character being created. Why is it such an obstacle to develop a character for just three hours?

Suddenly the wildly unrealistic rate of violent crime is making sense...

Edited by DasFroggy

I agree. New characters should not be capable of immediately murdering or robbing others. This doesn't include shoplifting or the generally harmless and fun to watch scenes; but specifically hunting out and killing another player, or robbing people under threat of violence.

• Upvote 1

Your heart is in the right place, but limiting people's roleplay experience and what they can do with their own characters is beyond the wrong way to handle it. If people want to be criminals they can be criminals. Every time I have been robbed the roleplay wasn't bad, it was actually fun besides getting 5k taken off of me, in fact sometimes the roleplay was so well if I had around 6-7k when they were robbing me I consented throwing that in as well even if I was only obligated to give them 5. Just report people who roleplay poorly trying to make a quick buck.