Preventing illegal activities on new characters

Chaishi

Just now, Yoak said:

You're simply missing the point

Please, tell me what point there is to miss. I am interested in knowing why someone cannot physically exist or survive without mugging or killing people at least once in a three hour timeframe. Enlighten me.

Just now, DasFroggy said:

Please, tell me what point there is to miss. I am interested in knowing why someone cannot physically exist or survive without mugging or killing people at least once in a three hour timeframe. Enlighten me.

I'm not too sure how often you're robbed or killed but just because there is one or two bad eggs in a whole group, doesn't mean we should punish the WHOLE group. From your suggestion I can somewhat understand you fully roleplay legally and that is all, maybe you get robbed a lot? But limiting a whole group of players for something so small is really not how it should work in this server.

Just now, Yoak said:

I'm not too sure how often you're robbed

Weekly

1 minute ago, Yoak said:

just because there is one or two bad eggs in a whole group, doesn't mean we should punish the WHOLE group

What are you doing to resolve it yourself? Are you hunting these people down and forcing them to limit their rampant crime? You need to be doing better, because as it is, crime is wildly beyond any resemblance of realism. Our one city is more dangerous than the entirety of Colombia.

2 minutes ago, Yoak said:

From your suggestion I can somewhat understand you fully roleplay legally and that is all

You would be wrong. I also black-hat as a security consultant, a job in which my character is paid well to provide advice on how to handle security situations, and how best to handle modern day security measures. 

3 minutes ago, Yoak said:

But limiting a whole group of players for something so small is really not how it should work in this server.

Are you honestly telling me that a not insignificant number, or in your words, the WHOLE criminal community, cannot possibly, in any capacity whatsoever, survive more than three hours without killing or mugging someone? 

Just now, DasFroggy said:

Weekly

What are you doing to resolve it yourself? Are you hunting these people down and forcing them to limit their rampant crime? You need to be doing better, because as it is, crime is wildly beyond any resemblance of realism. Our one city is more dangerous than the entirety of Colombia.

You would be wrong. I also black-hat as a security consultant, a job in which my character is paid well to provide advice on how to handle security situations, and how best to handle modern day security measures. 

Are you honestly telling me that a not insignificant number, or in your words, the WHOLE criminal community, cannot possibly, in any capacity whatsoever, survive more than three hours without killing or mugging someone? 

Not going to bicker, I've given my two cents. Still a major no from me.

1 minute ago, Yoak said:

Not going to bicker, I've given my two cents. Still a major no from me.

That is fine. That said, this is a heavy roleplay server, where interactions are expected to be more than just chain-robbery. That there is a lack of logic or reasonable counter to such a simple and harmless rule, is evidence enough that this will largely impact only those that lack good roleplay justification or attitudes for their activity on the server.

We have our proof, the only people that this will impact are people not here to roleplay.

On 3/31/2021 at 1:39 PM, DasFroggy said:

Ten hours is just a little too much. Three or four seems better. The proposition of police also having a timer is an interesting and welcoming addition.

I believe than both sides should have time limiters. PD is way more delicate than illegal side in many degrees.
Thus I believe than 3 to 4 hours isn't enough. Considering than they can just create a character and afk a few hours

Actually the police requires at least 20 hours for joining the faction.
unknown.png

Job Listing: Police Officer - Los Santos Police Department (gta.world)

Criminals in real life just don't get a gun easily. They require the trust of their fellow members before getting into such dark activities.
I believe than if LSPD requires 20 hours of in-game time, the illegal behavior should require at least 10 (5 if you believe than its too much)

Reporting isn't a solution since many stuff happens off-screen than you can't be aware and Staff can't control 800 players.

Considering how rampant is the criminality at this point, it requires OOC intervention to deal with the chain robberies than plagues the server.

Like many uses as defense "You should do it for the rp and not the profits" but a huge group of the ilegal side does it for the profit like the most known "PF Hunters" than goes "/me checks your waist" and "/b /showitems". You might come here saying than "you do it because your gun got stolen". But where is the RP priority rather than profit on this side of the table?

Edited by Xaleya

Yes and no. While this would help eliminate some issues, this would also create new issues for players just wanting to start illegal roleplay on a new character. Don't really support this suggestion, but neither do I not support it; I'm basically in the middle. Currently, if you see someone breaking the rules no matter who they are, you will just have to make a /report or a forum report.

Edited by tomatoz
1 hour ago, tomatoz said:

While this would help eliminate some issues, this would also create new issues for players just wanting to start illegal roleplay on a new character.

As the rule is largely aimed at limiting only certain crimes (mugging, murder, etc.) while leaving all other forms of crime open, I am more curious to your perspective. 

You are in a better position to explain why a new character must have the freedom to rob or murder people freely in the first three hours of creating their new character.

Lemme put it this way. Unless they are not meta and powergaming, as that's how I see the usual "lemme make a new char for this. Yeah bro I gotchu I have guns for you then, we accept you immediately." Cause honestly that's how I believe new chars can get into gangs, even as hangarounds. Normally it takes months to get somewhere. But 1st five hours? Crime is the last thing you should worry about. You spend that time settling in, fleshing things out. And if you don't, you are not here to roleplay. Cause I can run straight from the airport to first shop and buy a bat yeah, much like anyone else can. But thing is, unless you want to become the lone bastard in crime, you should start working on settling somewhere asap. That's just my opinion. 

Edited by Engelbert