Realism & Fear v. Living in San Andreas

SCANDALOUZ

8 hours ago, Greyfeather said:

That's just one that I found by looking. I'm sure there's more, not to mention the ones that aren't reported. Or the few dummies who've walked into the business I work in with the tired old "Where is manager?" extortion clown show.

It's out there. Yes, it's a minority, but if you want to understand how impractical some illegal RP players are, take a look at the two extortion threads and laugh at the suggestions by some of the pro-extortion players on how legal players can deal with extortion attempts -- which basically amounts to (a) curl into the foetal position and just pay, (b) consult the internet for Bigger Badder Criminal Organization Incorporated to help you go to war with your extorters, or (c) accept the inevitability of death. 

It's strange how "(d) contact the police to bring the extorters to justice" just isn't a possibility they seem prepared to fear RP.

He asked for a specific GANG portrays themselves as a gang from the 90s, this is a singular person which I don't believe is even affiliated with a gang. A lot of this poor robbery RP or unrealistic hits on a convoy of 9 BF400's usually happens from groups of people who aren't in a gang majority of the time. Hit squads on dirt bikes =/= gangs.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, DoomedAmerica said:

He asked for a specific GANG portrays themselves as a gang from the 90s, this is a singular person which I don't believe is even affiliated with a gang. A lot of this poor robbery RP or unrealistic hits on a convoy of 9 BF400's usually happens from groups of people who aren't in a gang majority of the time. Hit squads on dirt bikes =/= gangs.

I agree with this because gang rpers are usually too busy with their own stuff than to organize bike gangs. Actually there was one faction in the past specializing in city street racing with bikes and raids like that. But nowadays, it's not even roleplayed properly. People still forget, or perhaps don't even wanna think about the fact, that this is TEXT server, which means you HAVE TO wait your turn in typing.

13 hours ago, Greyfeather said:

That's just one that I found by looking. I'm sure there's more, not to mention the ones that aren't reported. Or the few dummies who've walked into the business I work in with the tired old "Where is manager?" extortion clown show.

It's out there. Yes, it's a minority, but if you want to understand how impractical some illegal RP players are, take a look at the two extortion threads and laugh at the suggestions by some of the pro-extortion players on how legal players can deal with extortion attempts -- which basically amounts to (a) curl into the foetal position and just pay, (b) consult the internet for Bigger Badder Criminal Organization Incorporated to help you go to war with your extorters, or (c) accept the inevitability of death. 

It's strange how "(d) contact the police to bring the extorters to justice" just isn't a possibility they seem prepared to fear RP.

Not gonna go into the extortion thing, that's for the other thread. But I will say that if u contact the police IC, just like IRL, there's always the possibility of consquences, criminal organizations generally have good memories in regards to who crossed them.

What I was asking for though, is exactly what other players said. I asked for evidence of a gang operating like it's the 1990's, because I'm almost 100% sure it doesn't happen on the server. Most gang RPers roleplay 2020/2021 Los Santos gang members.

52 minutes ago, Garras Up said:

Not gonna go into the extortion thing, that's for the other thread. But I will say that if u contact the police IC, just like IRL, there's always the possibility of consquences, criminal organizations generally have good memories in regards to who crossed them.

What I was asking for though, is exactly what other players said. I asked for evidence of a gang operating like it's the 1990's, because I'm almost 100% sure it doesn't happen on the server. Most gang RPers roleplay 2020/2021 Los Santos gang members.

Look  at the report closer -- the secret poor gang portrayal is hidden in it. Just not the person reported.

So yes, if you read it, you'll see my example is on point. 🙂

5 hours ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Read closer (Italians who were Albanians).

1 minute ago, Greyfeather said:

Look  at the report closer -- the secret poor gang portrayal is hidden in it. Just not the person reported.

So yes, if you read it, you'll see my example is on point. 🙂

The people you're referring to in the report are rping some dogshit mafia shit, not a gang. There's no Albanian or Italian street gangs.

Edited by Garras Up
Just now, Greyfeather said:

What's the difference? I'm not being facecious. I genuinely don't see the difference.

Gang crime is different to organized crime. Organized crime is exactly what it's named, Organized crime. Additionally the organizations that partake in organized crime clearly aren't gangs. The only gang that is remotely involved in organized crime is MS-13 and even they're low level as fuck. 'Organized Crime' consists of shit like drug trafficking, kidnapping for ransom, human trafficking and extortion. All things (most) gangs only rarely take part in. Gang crime is completely different. Gangs (except MS13 maybe) rarely kidnap people, they rarely extort, they're nowhere near organized enough to effectively traffick drugs and they also fight eachother for different reasons to why Organized Crime Groups fight eachother. OCG's fight over money and that's the end of it. Gangs fight for an array of reasons, drugs, women, territory, etc. 

TLDR Organized Crime and gang crime is two different worlds that are only slightly related to eachother.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic