Realism & Fear v. Living in San Andreas

SCANDALOUZ

5 minutes ago, hentai! said:

TL;DR: Los Santos, in it's current state, is just Night City from Cyberpunk 2077 except we're missing drones, cyborgs and complicated tech weapons.

That's a mighty hot take. Sad but true.

Robberies honestly feel like I'm battling it out with another player to see who'll break a rule first, and that's really sad - only a specific number of "realistic" responses seem to be acceptable.

Edited by Smilesville

My character lived in Rancho when I first started the game. This was actually an OOC mistake because I didn't know when I signed the lease that Rancho wasn't a desirable place to live. She worked at the Davis LTD for a while with a few other people before sanity later prevailed and the LTD was made a safe zone. 

There's only so many times you could RP terror at !yet another! brawl in the parking lot. Eventually, it became a routine thing for us to just go into the store-room and lock the door until the usual violence ended. When we emerged we'd check for bodies on the street and call 911 if there were any. We wouldn't go out and check on them. This was realistic, and reflective of people who see the same thing over and again developing coping mechanisms.

Actually, the only interesting thing about it all was whether we'd read another forum report against any of the people who'd been involved in the latest act of LTD stupidity.

Just now, Henning said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but Sureno's who are unaffiliated with gangs isn't exactly a thing. Being a sureno is being a Mexican gangbanger from southern California.

There's no such thing as an unaffiliated Sureno, no. A sureno is a member of any 'Southern Mexican' gang. The word he's looking for is Southsider or Southerner. Even then, if his character's not around a gang he wouldn't even be considered that, he'd simply be a 'Resident'.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Garras Up said:

There's no such thing as an unaffiliated Sureno, no. A sureno is a member of any 'Southern Mexican' gang. The word he's looking for is Southsider or Southerner. Even then, if his character's not around a gang he wouldn't even be considered that, he'd simply be a 'Resident'.

It honestly doesn't really matter to me...

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Garras Up said:

I was talking to Henning my G, but good on ya. 😅

No I mean I used that word to describe my char a bit, but I agree that it wasn't good choice of words. He is american-mexican squatting in Davis usually. But my point is, that gangs do not flex at people, that are not menacing to them or, not wealthy enough to be even considered a lick. For that matter organized crime members tend to be worse, especially if they are the lowest soldier rank. This type randomly attacks people more often, especially when drunk or high.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic