Realism & Fear v. Living in San Andreas

SCANDALOUZ

On 1/20/2021 at 8:07 PM, SCANDALOUZ said:

This is not how mafia works. Not in 2021.

Untrue. The current year doesn't matter when it comes to what activities organized crime groups. First of all, you say they don't do kidnappings, but still do human trafficking? Human trafficking generally entails kidnapping, the two crimes go hand in hand, and extortion is still actively done by crime groups of all types, not just the Mafia. The 'Mafia' isn't the only organized crime group that exists.

Edited by Garras Up
6 hours ago, Garras Up said:

The people you're referring to in the report are rping some dogshit mafia shit, not a gang. There's no Albanian or Italian street gangs.

There's Albanian street gangs, I just don't think their prevalent in Los Angeles. Mostly London and New York (these city's seem identical in culture and it's so odd).

Edited by orangejuice
16 minutes ago, orangejuice said:

There's Albanian street gangs, I just don't think their prevalent in Los Angeles. Mostly London and New York (these city's seem identical in culture and it's so odd).

I'm fairly sure there's no Albanian street gangs, especially not in LA where Latinos run everything

1 minute ago, Garras Up said:

I'm fairly sure there's no Albanian street gangs, especially not in LA where Latinos run everything

To be honest, there's literally anything anywhere if you look for it hard enough. Not that I think that these discussions are very productive, they more often than not just devolve into different parties trying to convince each other how much they know about a subject. And why they should have a deciding voice as an authority figure in whether someone can or can't do something.

7 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

To be honest, there's literally anything anywhere if you look for it hard enough. Not that I think that these discussions are very productive, they more often than not just devolve into different parties trying to convince each other how much they know about a subject. And why they should have a deciding voice as an authority figure in whether someone can or can't do something.

Show me proof of Yakuza operating in Compton then.

It really does depend on what happened with said character. My character has been only robbed twice since his creation and it didn't really warrant him to act super careful, but still, considering the neighborhood he lives in and the stuff he hears, he has reasons to watch over his back and play it safe in certain neighborhoods if not his own.

• 2 months later...

Avoiding the whole complaining about robbery and extortion and such, I do try to take it as ICly as possible while still maintaining some miraculous suspension of disbelief. My characters acknowledge they live in Afghanisantos, and as a result I just don't really go that many places anymore, especially not alone. It just wouldn't make sense to.

• mj2002 locked this topic