RUNE car company expansion (additional vehicles)

Sanchez

Short description: Add more "RUNE" vehicle company vehicles

Detailed description: 

From my time on the server what I've respectively noticed is the lack of Eastern European/Russian vehicle. I find this a problem as there is a large part of the server with Foreign characters on the East and South East Europe and most would prefer buying and using a cheaper Russian vehicle than most of the American or other nation vehicles.

The main problem is the lack of cheap Russian vehicles. Right now I've seen quite far too expensive RUNE Cheburek which is ridiculous if you want to RP a Slavic character who has interests in Eastern European/Russian vehicles. This pair of vehicles would bring in a balance for a cheaper market and demand in foreign vehicles which could allow new player markets to open oriented around Russian vehicles.

All vehicles I am suggesting have some sort of modifications, especially the "RUNE Ajvar" which would satisfy the tuners.

Vehicles suggested:

RUNE Bistro

- RUNE Orbita

RUNE Baikal

RUNE Ajvar

RUNE Chopin Trefl

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/rune-bistro-add-on-sounds

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/rune-orbita-add-on-sounds

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/rune-baikal-add-on-tuning-liveries

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/rune-ajvar-add-on-tuning-liveries-template

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/rune-chopin-trefl-add-on-tuning

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Open up an entire new vehicle market targeting foreigners of the Balkan or Slavic origin.

Cheaper vehicles to satisfy less rich characters and allow for more diverse vehicle options.

Additional information:

Vehicles don't weight a ton in terms of file space, so shouldn't (don't quote me on this) affect the performance much.

Pictures of the vehicles and specifications can be seen on the respective websites.

Edited by Sanchez

Eastern-European cars aren't exactly part of the Western / American vehicles market. I'd rather see Asian brands since they're the most affordable and common in the United States. (Reference)

A Lada or other Russian / Eastern-European car in the United States is clearly an import, which isn't that cost effective. Even Western "budget" brands such as Renault, Peugeot, Vauxhall (Opel) and Skoda are uncommon.

Also, this New York Times article. (You can use a paywall bypass extension to read it without paying the absurd subscription.)

Edited by meltcity

Those cars are awesome. Even though Russian vehicles are like, never seen in North America especially the cheap ones. Those mods are such high quality and also GTAV Lore friendly. I think they'd make a great addition. Also the Orbita looks more like a Opel Kadett which is a German car, and the Chopin looks like a older Holden Commodore which is a Australian only car. Minor nitpicks though I am all about this being added!

Hey, about the cars.

Orbita - it's actual based on Lada Samara or other similar variant which is quite a popular vehicle in Russia.

Chopin - this one is quite weird and I recently found out about it myself but it's based on the FSO Polonez. It has a bit different front design which might have been intentional by the creator to give it familiar but at the same time unique look.

I want to point out one thing by lore that the vehicles have been imported to Canada and were the best value-for-money and most popular import cars there.

Seeing by lore it would be a very expected thing that a not too small part of the vehicles would be imported from Canada into USA.

Besides that I have no problems if you don't want them ingame, just thought they'd be quite a fitting and enjoyable for the large part of Slavic/Balkan characters, one of which includes mine.

1 hour ago, Sanchez said:

I want to point out one thing by lore that the vehicles have been imported to Canada and were the best value-for-money and most popular import cars there.

Seeing by lore it would be a very expected thing that a not too small part of the vehicles would be imported from Canada into USA.

Besides that I have no problems if you don't want them ingame, just thought they'd be quite a fitting and enjoyable for the large part of Slavic/Balkan characters, one of which includes mine.

The reason you don't see these kind of cars in the U.S is they're illegal because they wouldn't meet American safety standards. Canada has far less strict import standards which is why they're more common there.

Only way to legally import it is as an "antique" once it reaches over 25 years after manufacture, and that's a very expensive process. A certain Multi Theft Auto/San Andreas server allowed this and there was WAY too many unique import cars running around LS to the point it was annoying/immersion breaking.

Cool looking cars, but if you add them everyone and their mom will be driving around what's allegedly southern california in Ladas. I got ArmA for that, lol.

Edited by bartman
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic