A Public Church(es) for Roleplay

Rog Fulace

This is a very minor suggestion compared to the other more pertinent ones in here, but as someone who roleplays being an Epsilonist, I think giving one of the churches in Davis or Rockford Hills an interior in order to allow roleplay would give people a new scenario to roleplay in along with people who want to practice a religion ICly a place to do so.

Players could use the church as:

• A way to set up wakes for other characters who have been killed
  • A neutral meeting spot for numerous activities, ranging from illegal or legal
  • A means of practicing the religion of their choice, or starting their own religious congregations inside

There's probably many other ways people could creatively utilize a church, but the main focus is making a neutral ground for players to roleplay at. There's two main churches I've noticed that may be good for the spot - one in Davis near the hospital and car dealership, and one in Rockford Hills near the Epsilon HQ and high-end auto dealership. I am biased towards the one in Rockford Hills due to its proximity near the Epsilon HQ, but also because it does not have specific markings unlike the Davis church, which is represented by the Children of the Mountain cult in-game.

Rockford Hills Location:

ayPy7CN.jpg

MzWxkxv.jpg

Davis Location:

Xdt6Cfd.jpg

v4u73fT.jpg

Like I said, this is a very minor suggestion compared to the other locations that need more fleshing out, but I decided to throw in the suggestion for consideration.

I'll be supporting this because - other than the points you afore mentioned, this could add a fair amount of potential to character depth and/or development, e.g criminals repenting for said crimes and so on and so forth, or religion-based Illegal RP, plus it would definitely bring a sense of community here, and more than likely be an easy way to make IC friends/connections. +1

Edited by aloegarten
  • Upvote 1

I don't think there's a raw church interior, but if we're talking about just making the chapel itself (which would probably need to be done custom) I don't see any difficulty. It'd be a night's work per interior, less if you had a few guys. Not high priority for sure, but this would definitely be something that wouldn't require scripting that would accommodate to people.

One thing you can do is contact a realtor ICly and use the property system introduced by Missi to buy and furnish a church for your (and your movement's) use.

In particular with the Epsilon movement which I believe centers around the idea of stealing money from suckers who buy into the religion, running it as a business through this system would make much more sense than having it owned by nobody and used freely by everybody as this suggestions seems to indicate. If you do decide to go down this route, I wish you the best of luck as it would also have the potential to be an epic RP storyline.

Kifflom, brother-brother.

11 minutes ago, MalteseWolf said:

One thing you can do is contact a realtor ICly and use the property system introduced by Missi to buy and furnish a church for your (and your movement's) use.

In particular with the Epsilon movement which I believe centers around the idea of stealing money from suckers who buy into the religion, running it as a business through this system would make much more sense than having it owned by nobody and used freely by everybody as this suggestions seems to indicate. If you do decide to go down this route, I wish you the best of luck as it would also have the potential to be an epic RP storyline.

Kifflom, brother-brother.

In the future, I'd focus on the Epsilon HQ being furnished if I want to go that roleplay route, but I think a neutral building to be used for various scenarios of roleplay would be more beneficial than one person owning it - unless there's a diocese that arrives from multiple people roleplaying heads of different religions. I'd rather the whole server benefits from using one of the churches instead of just a singular entity who already has an area that can be expanded upon from using it.

Also, I intend on hopefully going in a different direction with the Epsilon Program if enough momentum is gained - Rockstar has taken an interesting "cult" that was in the background of GTA:SA, dragged them into the light, and basically made them goofballs just for the sake of forcing Scientology references.

Edited by Rog Fulace

I wouldn't support this idea beacause of the cultural/religious diversity that's on the server.

You build a church. The muslims get mad.

You build a mosque. The jews get mad.

You build a synagogue. The alien spagetti monster people get mad.

And so on..

In my opinion this matter should be handled ICly, like the way I promised to build churches on NGG as the president.

2 hours ago, JoeSlice said:

I wouldn't support this idea beacause of the cultural/religious diversity that's on the server.

You build a church. The muslims get mad.

You build a mosque. The jews get mad.

You build a synagogue. The alien spagetti monster people get mad.

And so on..

In my opinion this matter should be handled ICly, like the way I promised to build churches on NGG as the president.

This is true and this is the reason I’m not going to support this suggestion.

Ya'll are overexaggerating how much people care about their real-life religion being represented on a roleplay server. A good portion of us come from communities on SAMP that already had churches that functioned perfectly fine and only declined because of the clergy RPers going inactive. No one got butthurt, salty or anything else. People who wanted to do a mosque designed their own mosques. Catholic churches existed on their own and it didn't piss off any other denomination, In fact, other denominations grouped in with it because it was generally accepted that splitting up into a million churches unlike IRL means a drastically smaller attendance. 

I support the suggestion.  If someone wants to pay for the construction of a church business then they should be able to go ahead and get it going.  With all that being said, it's also possible to do church roleplay outside so a church isn't necessary for all religions. It may even be better to start off that way and use the donations from attendees and fundraising to start the church. The only thing that makes that hard is just the fact that compared to what people will likely give, the cost of having it made is significantly higher. 

27 minutes ago, Orcaninja said:

Ya'll are overexaggerating how much people care about their real-life religion being represented on a roleplay server. A good portion of us come from communities on SAMP that already had churches that functioned perfectly fine and only declined because of the clergy RPers going inactive. No one got butthurt, salty or anything else. People who wanted to do a mosque designed their own mosques. Catholic churches existed on their own and it didn't piss off any other denomination, In fact, other denominations grouped in with it because it was generally accepted that splitting up into a million churches unlike IRL means a drastically smaller attendance. 

I support the suggestion.  If someone wants to pay for the construction of a church business then they should be able to go ahead and get it going.  With all that being said, it's also possible to do church roleplay outside so a church isn't necessary for all religions. It may even be better to start off that way and use the donations from attendees and fundraising to start the church. The only thing that makes that hard is just the fact that compared to what people will likely give, the cost of having it made is significantly higher. 

This is pretty accurate tbh. I think alot of people saying "oh x religion will get mad because it's not x building" need to re-read the post. Rog states it wouldn't be centered around one religion and rather a neutral religious spot. Different groups can use it at different times and practice their separate religions as they see fit, as again, Rog's already stated it.

And I do agree with your point about "church roleplay outside a church" - however, that would be much more difficult to make people donate etc. due to the current fluctuating IC economy. Also, Epsilonists are usually well off, so, go figure.