What are your strengths & weaknesses as a roleplayer?

Shaderz

Strengths:

My biggest strength is my ability to produce passive and solo RP. I originally come from a small SAMP community that would struggle to break 30 players, in that sort of environment you have to learn to entertain yourself. I also feel like I'm able to provide detail in my roleplay, as well as provide well balanced, paced and developed characters. 

Weaknesses:

Due to me having learned to RP in such a small community, we were always very tight knit, we all knew eachother closely which makes it somewhat hard for me to break out into roleplaying with a large amount of people I don't know, I feel like I need the familiarity with someone's roleplay style. 

I have a hard time initiating RP and sticking in very crowded areas, as most times it feels too fast and overwhelming. 

• Upvote 1

Strengths - I'd say banter and dialogue, and coming up with realistic background stories that hold a lot of detail and provide ample insight and motivations as to why they do the things they do. 

Weaknesses - I'm a slow reader and I lose replies in crowded areas.  I also sometimes struggle to reply quickly when in pressing situations because I tend to be a little wordy.  Boiling things down while being effectively concise is definitely hit/miss.

I'm also a shit driver, but I just make this IC and so all of my characters ever made are also shitty drivers.  

Bonus: I use the same face... (Face 21 gang)

Strengths

Something I can say I feel like I'm quite good at and I thank the folks over at the PEN1 on lsrp for helping me on doing this - creating interesting dialogue especially when everyone is posted up. A lot of the time its just flat silence until a car pulls up asking "what's on deck". Regular dialogue imo helps bring life to our characters.

Weaknesses

There are some genes of roleplay I know nothing about and don't know how to get included in. Mainly MC roleplay. No idea how it runs/works. I also mix up UK words I thought are universal with US slang.

I can role play to a high standards, and am able to find stuff to do. Though, the weakness is that I am kinda suffering from anxiety IRL and I am hesitant with approaching new people ICly alone unless specific circumstances occur.

• 2 weeks later...

i've realised that i can never leave my roleplay comfort zone, in that i will just won't experiment with things because i feel like i don't know enough or that i'm not experienced enough at roleplaying to even try

it's such a hard thing to get over, especially when you have a sort of niche and you're not able to ever leave it because you don't really get any exposure to anything outside of that niche to ever actually learn anything new

i have so much respect for people who have a breadth of characters across different factions/niches, it's something that seems incredibly hard to do 

for  example: the whole tongvan thing is such a creative project and i wouldn't even know where to start with a character like that,  yet i've seen some characters here that belong to it that are incredibly written

Edited by books
  • Wuhtah locked this topic