Interior balconies please?

There is no logical reason for a rule that prevents us from mapping in balconies to exist(If the exterior has it of course). At least for apartments that are not on ground level. You are just taking away a portion of interior roleplay that would happen inside one way or another, just in different conditions. If a person wants to stay inside then they will, they won't go outside just to enjoy their empty balcony. Of course, smart TP balconies are good too but they are not essential, it won't matter if you see few cars passing by downstairs or not. If you worried about that I won't be hearing distant gunshots or cries for help then, maybe we should ban windows too? Because you can't see or hear the actual outside through them.

Mapping rule :

• " You may not map exteriors within your property (e.g. mapping balconies or outdoor seating inside your property) "

Edited by Guest
6 hours ago, Marksman said:

Why should you have interior balconies? It's utterly silly. if the exterior does NOT have a balcony, you should not have one. If the exterior DOES have a balcony, you should use a smart tp.

It was heavily implied that the exterior should have one too. For more information about the real issue in hand, refer back to OP. But I do appreciate your opinion, it's better then +1 and -1.

On 1/16/2021 at 9:08 AM, FORMCORE CONSTRUCTION LLC said:

@Nervous say the final word. I can't be living in a void.

I can confirm I have seen interior mapped balconies so maybe it's like weed in the Netherlands or w/e.

Flat thick +1 to this suggestion, if the exterior has a balcony allow us to have it inside so we don't have to TP in and out or whatever, I prefer to stick inside.

1 hour ago, Jägerbomb said:

I completely disagree. You're altering the experience of the balcony by roleplaying in another dimension.

That exterior balcony would be completely cut off from any experience anyways if my interior just has more immersion towards any kind of roleplay. It don't have to be anything major, just the idea that there is an open balcony door with some pretty furniture setup seen through it, makes just 'being' in your home more immersive. 

2 minutes ago, FORMCORE CONSTRUCTION LLC said:

That exterior balcony would be completely cut off from any experience anyways if my interior just has more immersion towards any kind of roleplay. It don't have to be anything major, just the idea that there is an open balcony door with some pretty furniture setup seen through it, makes just 'being' in your home more immersive. 

Nothing stops you from mapping a balcony just for the looks, I'm against mapping it in a way you can access it from the interior.

9 minutes ago, FORMCORE CONSTRUCTION LLC said:

Fully agree, my house has a balcony with Smart TP but inside you see the outside with seating and such.

• mj2002 locked this topic