Why are guns so damn expensive?

SpeedOfThought

1 hour ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Show me statistics to back that up then, you saying that firearms are not easily attainable in the US clean or not is already stepping in with the wrong foot, yeah lets not waste resources, keep a dirty gun and risk 30 to life lol.

When, did I ever, claim that firearms were not easily attainable? I had claimed that they sell dirty firearms to younger lower-income members in the inner-city, as it's cheaper to purchase a dirty firearm than a clean one. I know from direct experience.

Let's interview several millions people and ask whether they either sell dirty firearms to lower-ranking gang-bangers or whether youth purchase firearms. I'm sure that those statistics are accurate and unbiased.

It's a practice in the hood. Elders/OGs stash dirty firearms in undisclosed locations, then sell it, later, when the heat dies down. Not here to list names or incriminate any one.

Edited by DLimit
2 minutes ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Because guns are cheap? I like how we're equating gun use to black gangs/gangs in general like they're the only ones that use them, even still any logical person would not risk 30 to life to sell a gun for 100 bucks because they're "down bad" just because we see it in a couple movies doesn't make it logical especially in 2021 where people get convicted over hair strains on a crime scene, of course people do it but let's not act like a vast majority of people are dumb enough to sell a hot gun to a kid who'll probably rat if they get caught.

https://www.propublica.org/article/how-chicago-gets-its-guns

https://apnews.com/article/64e34cffb7db4dc7bf9bcda2ea201ea7

Not sure what your original point was since there's a lot of pages, but either way nobody is gonna throw a gun away ingame just because it's realistic. Even if guns were 1k ingame we all know people would never throw them away after use. 

1 minute ago, DLimit said:

I had claimed that they sell dirty firearms to younger lower-income members in the inner-city, as it's cheaper to purchase a dirty firearm than a clean one. I know from direct experience.

Let's interview several millions people and ask whether they either sell dirty firearms to lower-ranking gang-bangers or whether youth purchase firearms. I'm sure that those statistics are accurate.

Statistics are based on convictions not interviews when it comes to crime.

2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I had claimed that they sell dirty firearms to younger lower-income members in the inner-city, as it's cheaper to purchase a dirty firearm than a clean one. I know from direct experience.

Let's interview several millions people and ask whether they either sell dirty firearms to lower-ranking gang-bangers or whether youth purchase firearms. I'm sure that those statistics are accurate and unbiased.

It's a practice in the hood. Elders/OGs stash dirty firearms in undisclosed locations, then sell it, later, when the heat dies down. Not here to list names or incriminate any one.

im not in the US but what dlimit is saying is exactly how it works here too. 

this interview shows someone literally saying the gun they have is used and explaining thats why they got it for cheaper @Certified Lover Boy Jola
https://youtu.be/5-FGGJe7Rt8

9 minutes ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Statistics are based on convictions not interviews when it comes to crime.

I am basing it on direct experience. Criminals WILL stash their firearms in undisclosed locations until the heat dies down, before selling them to younger youth gang-bangers in the hood. A conviction isn't going to confirm whether the firearm was used by a prior suspect. Instead, it will claim that the firearm was potentially used in another case, which would be linked to the same suspect, on most occasions.  Hence, the statistic doesn't exist.

Weapons are stashed, rarely "destroyed". If they can be sold, then they're sold. Some people will go far enough to sell a $200USD firearm for $20 if it has too many bodies on it. The buyer takes the risk of being imprisoned for additional charges in exchange for purchasing a cheaper firearm. Impoverish youth? They don't even consider the possibility of getting caught, as their hyper-inflated Ego often has them believe that they're invincible and unstoppable... thus, they purchase the firearm.

Edited by DLimit
12 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I am basing it on direct experience. Criminals WILL stash their firearms in undisclosed locations until the heat dies down, before selling them to younger youth gang-bangers in the hood. A conviction isn't going to confirm whether the firearm was used by a prior suspect. Instead, it will claim that the firearm was potentially used in another case, which would be linked to the same suspect, on most occasions.  Hence, the statistic doesn't exist.

Used by a prior suspect and used in a case is the same thing if the person is identified, people rat more than the movies showcase they do, hence the statistic does exist. Heat doesn't die down on murder, used guns doesn't mean that somebody was killed with it which is the point I am trying to make, murders happen in real life a whole lot less then they do on the server,

again of course this happens but not as much as you're claiming it to be because you do it in game.

And I'll end the conversation on the direct experience comment, lol.

@Pathway My original point was that treating guns, especially ones you use to commit life imprisonment type crimes with as a prize position is unrealistic, somebody wouldn't risk life imprisonment over a 100 dollar gun, but you're right if some dude has an AK ig he's not gonna throw it away even after committing mass murder because guns have more value than money on the server and we do not investigate as much.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola
45 minutes ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Used by a prior suspect and used in a case is the same thing if the person is identified, people rat more than the movies showcase they do, hence the statistic does exist. Heat doesn't die down on murder, used guns doesn't mean that somebody was killed with it which is the point I am trying to make, murders happen in real life a whole lot less then they do on the server,

again of course this happens but not as much as you're claiming it to be because you do it in game.

And I'll end the conversation on the direct experience comment, lol.

@Pathway My original point was that treating guns, especially ones you use to commit life imprisonment type crimes with as a prize position is unrealistic, somebody wouldn't risk life imprisonment over a 100 dollar gun, but you're right if some dude has an AK ig he's not gonna throw it away even after committing mass murder because guns have more value than money on the server and we do not investigate as much.

Where's your statistic that most used firearms are "disposed of" rather than stashed?

That generally applies to mobsters, which aren't most criminals. Younger youth aren't concerned with whether the firearm is dirty as they often believe that they won't get caught. I have no reason to fabricate any thing, here, but that's how it is over here, alongside with the other areas that I've resided within. There isn't a risk for the person that had used the fire to get caught because it's stashed at an undisclosed location.

Heat does die down on murder. After a year, detectives won't be focusing on investigating "Case A" when there are hundreds of thousands of other cases to prioritize on. After a year, police don't patrol the same area, as heavily, if there's a decrease in crime in the region. They prioritize their resources, elsewhere. One day, you'll see six cruisers patrolling one hood, constantly, alongside with parking their vehicles in specific areas, with also unmarked vehicles. After a while? It dies down. If a younger member of the set needs to use a firearm? The elder/OG will retrieve it from the stash, and let him borrow it. Or, the O.G. will sell it to them. The heat is now on the person possessing the firearm, and there's hardly any evidence to link that firearm back to the O.G. if he cleaned it, properly. 

Snitching doesn't lead to incriminating the O.G.. that's not sufficient evidence to initiate a warrant for a raid. Even if it did, which is on rare cases, the OG doesn't stash their supply in their residential home... it's stashed at another person's place. OGs can detect an undercover from a mile away... you know who's local, and who isn't. This is why they don't get caught in the modern era as frequently as the 90s.

On another note, if you live in any hood... stay around the area a bit and you'll eventually find some one offering you firearms that are dirty. Much more common when I was younger, and I wonder why... oh, yeah, because youths will more likely purchase a dirtier and cheaper firearm than a grown adult, regardless as to whether they're gang-bangin' or not. Don't have to ask me for that proof. Go find it, your self.

Edited by DLimit
19 minutes ago, Pathway said:

this interview shows someone literally saying the gun they have is used and explaining thats why they got it for cheaper @Certified Lover Boy Jola

You can't really compare this duo with some other characters ingame, maybe some but not with every robber/murderer. While it is more likely that the gang members in the hood use this guns more often it is more unlikely that the mob or any other more rational human being will use them ever again after they committed a murder with it. All of you are looking at the extreme examples somehow. Be realistic.

And by the way aren't we all looking to portray Los Angeles and not New Orleans or Chicago? Or am I missing on something here? Because all of the examples above are from other states.

16 hours ago, Pathway said:

i wish i had a hypeman like the guy at 0:35

but ye man british documentaries about gun prices are really realistic to me tbh. no need to question this any further

case is closed boys no need for further inquiry