Why are guns so damn expensive?

SpeedOfThought

1 hour ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Somebody shouldn't have to purposefully protect their firearm in an unrealistic way as a criminal, most criminals throw their guns away after doing a hit, it's not gold  it's easy to get if you live in certain areas certainly LA.

This. I think that people never roleplay throwing a gun because they will loose 20k+ . To make it more clear, mobs supplied the guys that did the hits with guns so they can do the job and then throw the gun (usually off a bridge) so this cannot be backtracked to them. It seems like this is not the mentality on the server and the mob is trying to sell the guns to their hired people and make profit out of it while asking for a hit to be done with the same gun. Also I think that if the PK rule allows you to know the story until the situation where you got killed then you should be able to have your gun still as you would've had it before the whole situation occurred and on that note more CK's should be forced so people will think before they do something.

3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Won't need to worry about being robbed if you aren't traveling with tons of cash and your whole stash, on you. Most gang-bangers carry little, on them, for a reason, unless needed.

This is pretty much how I’ve kept my gun so long. I don’t use it unless I really need it. And every time I do grab it I do a simple risk calculation to determine if it’s worth doing or not. Don’t ride out with something you can’t afford to loose. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedOfThought said:

How am I gonna know when I'm going to really need it? The point of having a gun both IRL and in game is to keep yourself protected and to use it when a situation happens. I'm not gonna leave my house and say "Hm..I think I'm gonna witness a robbery today. Let me take my gun with me." 

You seem to mix your old SAMP experience with IRL, if you would ever had a illegal gun IRL and you don't live in a slum you would prolly not carry it around 24/7. When I was younger and bought my first illegal revolver I had it in an plastic bag with the ammo and hide it in my garden because who would take the risk to getting caught with it when there is no reason to use it? ( I never used this gun or had the need to use it and I was involved in alot of shit) Since I was never convicted I even got a license to carry one legally and still got it, but guess what I don't even bought one because there is really no need, ofc im not a irl gangbanger or mc member anymore and I guess people in the US are diff. when it comes to guns than us ppl in europe but if the character you rp is a little smart and was not raised by dump idiots I guess he still would not carry a gun all the time.

and my honest opinion about the prices: I think they are not realistic but it keeps the game and the rp a bit more enjoy able, I remember the times in SAMP when people went on robberies 20 times a day, alone or a squad.

• Applaud 1
56 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Most criminals actually stash their used firearms and only hand it out to their inferiors to conduct hits on their behalfs. Or, they sell it to gain a percentage of their wealth, back. They don't waste resources by "throwing it away". 

The only reason why these firearms are easy to attain is BECAUSE they are dirty. A teenager is willing to invest in a dirty weapon, that has two bodies on it, simply because it's affordable.

Show me statistics to back that up then, you saying that firearms are not easily attainable in the US clean or not is already stepping in with the wrong foot, yeah lets not waste resources, keep a dirty gun and risk 30 to life lol.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola

Simple answer. Guns are expensive because they're passed down and down, of course by the time it reaches you (Probably the 15th buyer) it's gonna be over-used & over-priced. Oh and don't do robbery roleplay bro..trust me it's not worth it and it'll save you a lot of headaches in the report section. 

47 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Most criminals actually stash their used firearms and only hand it out to their inferiors to conduct hits on their behalfs. Or, they sell it to gain a percentage of their wealth, back. They don't waste resources by "throwing it away". 

The only reason why these firearms are easy to attain is BECAUSE they are dirty. A teenager is willing to invest in a dirty weapon, that has two bodies on it, simply because it's affordable.

semi correct.  OCGs (such as the mob) toss their guns usually after use, because that firearm now has a body on it and if u get caught with that? that's a murder charge. there's also the people that sell them, or the people that just don't give two fucks and keep it.