Why are guns so damn expensive?

SpeedOfThought

3 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Which is fine, I just fundamentally disagree with monetary incentives.

It depends what you do, I’ve had my firearm for almost a year. Then again my character also isn’t a frontline soldier that engages into frontline warfare. 

When you have a legal character it’s kind of expected that you keep your gun, but we don’t get to be that lucky

8 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

When you have a legal character it’s kind of expected that you keep your gun, but we don’t get to be that lucky

My last two illegal character have had their firearms for months. Just have to play the game, responsibly, and learn WHEN the use the firearm.

Nothing changed, whether the character was in Blaine County or in South-Central. They both managed to maintain possession of their firearms for months.

Edited by DLimit

The prices on firearms become more and more expensive as they move from contact to contact, the first hand product won't have the same price as the third hand product, it's simple. Everyone wants to make a profit from the guns, and in some cases someone wants to make an insane profit, and that's IC issue. If you don't like the price, you should either try and find a cheaper one, or simply refuse to buy. Considering the demand is high, and the supply low is actually a good thing, there are a lot of gangbangers on the server who'll murder your whole family if you just look at them, this actually keeps the DMers scene on check. Bottom line being, there are a few suppliers, and the ones who got the connections won't give them to others, because it will just simply put themselves out of the business, so you should either find them on your own, or buy the pistol for 50k. 

P.S I've actually witnessed a Mini SMG being sold for 135k, if you really need a gun, you will buy it for whatever price, and people will just use that on you.

• Upvote 3

People always have this excuse for a legal firearm so I can protect myself. Protecting yourself yes, could be. But if robbers have guns as well, you are dead if you pull it out and honestly if someone holds a knife to your face, you don't wanna pull it out anyway, cause the usual routine in Los Santos for robbers is to assume you are armed, so first thing they do is to check your waist and chest if you wear a strap. That's a truth carved in stone. Then whether or not you get robbed, depends on where you live in the city and how well you know your surroundings. I have been only twice. Once in Fusion club, to this day I am not sure how the trio of yound surenos even got inside when it was locked. And second time in Sandy Shores which was quick and nice. Two guys riding a Sanchez rolled up on me while I was smoking in front of local tattoo parlor. That was okay, they roleplayed it nicely so I gave them everything I had. But I wasn't robbed since then. I personally never owned a firearm on any character and don't plan to.

Edited by Engelbert
40 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

My goal is to reward one and help improve the other. The only people that may be exempt are those that intentionally opt for extremely low quality roleplay and outright refuse to improve at all, in which case they receive the 5k minimum with no way to secure the generous reward other than improving. 

That is not the case here. I have experienced criminal encounters that were absolutely amazing in quality, so I know that these roleplayers exist, and the standard is not impossible to achieve. I have even opted to create a criminal character of my own to try and create a mirrored standard.

This is actually not quite as true. As mentioned above, I have been attempting the criminal equivalent by engaging in muggings and robberies with the express intent of taking only what is given. Thus far out of fifteen encounters, only one resulted in no reward. The only time encounters became a challenge, was when I explicitly pushed for maximum payout in later excursions.

There was an almost stark contrast between the two. 

I have theories as to what may be the basis for this, but there is still more studying and investigation to be done. 

I'm always looking for ways to improve my roleplay. I have been roleplaying for years now, and I started off on SAMP. I have some admin warnings over some silly mistakes I made, but I like to consider myself on the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to roleplay. I am always looking for ways to improve though, and i'm always trying to come up with creative ways of roleplaying too. 

33 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Don't always travel strapped, then. Only travel, armed, when you really need it.

How am I gonna know when I'm going to really need it? The point of having a gun both IRL and in game is to keep yourself protected and to use it when a situation happens. I'm not gonna leave my house and say "Hm..I think I'm gonna witness a robbery today. Let me take my gun with me." 

2 minutes ago, SpeedOfThought said:

How am I gonna know when I'm going to really need it? The point of having a gun both IRL and in game is to keep yourself protected and to use it when a situation happens. I'm not gonna leave my house and say "Hm..I think I'm gonna witness a robbery today. Let me take my gun with me." 

Won't need to worry about being robbed if you aren't traveling with tons of cash and your whole stash, on you. Most gang-bangers carry little, on them, for a reason, unless needed.

1 minute ago, DLimit said:

Won't need to worry about being robbed if you aren't traveling with tons of cash and your whole stash, on you. Most gang-bangers carry little, on them, for a reason, unless needed.

What I'm saying is that if I have a legal character, I'm most likely going to have a gun on me just to protect myself, and others. An example of this would be if I witnessed a robbery, I could try to stop it. You say to keep it stashed so you don't lose it, but the point of buying a gun is to use it for protection. Therefore, I'm going to want to have it on me most of the time, because I never know when I might need it.