Why are guns so damn expensive?

SpeedOfThought

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

So we have a solution here. Rob this character rply, get the money, buy a gun.

Rewarding power exclusively to those willing to demonstrate behaviors supportive of a healthy roleplay community, while simultaneously helping prospective high-quality roleplayers and limiting the upward mobility of intentionally malicious actors? Sounds good to me.

58 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Firearms shouldn't be something that you purchase, frequently. Shouldn't be putting your self in situations where you lose your firearm within a matter of a week.

Somebody shouldn't have to purposefully protect their firearm in an unrealistic way as a criminal, most criminals throw their guns away after doing a hit, it's not gold  it's easy to get if you live in certain areas certainly LA.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola
30 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Why you insist on protecting those that do an almost deliberate harm to your reputation and future interactions, I struggle to understand.

I’m not, I’ve always been very vocal about differentiating the bad from the good. Both are very distinguishable, but a lot of people who often find themselves as a victim tend to be quick to paint everything with the same brush, and declaring themselves as exemplary roleplayers. While from the other side, many victims are just as bad. It comes down to awareness, and that doesn’t come if all you meet are more people who agree with you. 

15 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I’ve always been very vocal about differentiating the bad from the good.

My goal is to reward one and help improve the other. The only people that may be exempt are those that intentionally opt for extremely low quality roleplay and outright refuse to improve at all, in which case they receive the 5k minimum with no way to secure the generous reward other than improving. 

people who often find themselves as a victim tend to be quick to paint everything with the same brush, and declaring themselves as exemplary roleplayers.

That is not the case here. I have experienced criminal encounters that were absolutely amazing in quality, so I know that these roleplayers exist, and the standard is not impossible to achieve. I have even opted to create a criminal character of my own to try and create a mirrored standard.

While from the other side, many victims are just as bad.

This is actually not quite as true. As mentioned above, I have been attempting the criminal equivalent by engaging in muggings and robberies with the express intent of taking only what is given. Thus far out of fifteen encounters, only one resulted in no reward. The only time encounters became a challenge, was when I explicitly pushed for maximum payout in later excursions.

There was an almost stark contrast between the two. 

I have theories as to what may be the basis for this, but there is still more studying and investigation to be done. 

Edited by DasFroggy
1 hour ago, SpeedOfThought said:

Sometimes it is hard to control losing your gun or not. You never know what can happen. I have been robbed in a ton of different places. I've been robbed trying to buy an apartment, giving someone a ride in a limo. If I'm buying a gun I'm buying it to keep it on me for protection. If i buy a gun just to keep it stashed in my house it is kind of pointless. But there are occasions when I will have my gun on me and I get robbed and I can't do anything about it. 

Don't always travel strapped, then. Only travel, armed, when you really need it.

9 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

My goal is to reward one and help improve the other. The only people that may be exempt are those that intentionally opt for extremely low quality roleplay and outright refuse to improve at all, in which case they receive the 5k minimum with no way to secure the generous reward other than improving. 

That is not the case here. I have experienced criminal encounters that were absolutely amazing in quality, so I know that these roleplayers exist, and the standard is not impossible to achieve. I have even opted to create a criminal character of my own to try and create a mirrored standard.

This is actually not quite as true. As mentioned above, I have been attempting the criminal equivalent by engaging in muggings and robberies with the express intent of taking only what is given. Thus far out of fifteen encounters, only one resulted in no reward. The only time encounters became a challenge, was when I explicitly pushed for maximum payout in later excursions.

There was an almost stark contrast between the two. 

I have theories as to what may be the basis for this, but there is still more studying and investigation to be done. 

Which is fine, I just fundamentally disagree with monetary incentives.

2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

This just proves that people are resorting to firearm usage too excessively. 

It depends what you do, I’ve had my firearm for almost a year. Then again my character also isn’t a frontline soldier that engages into frontline warfare. 

35 minutes ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Somebody shouldn't have to purposefully protect their firearm in an unrealistic way as a criminal, most criminals throw their guns away after doing a hit, it's not gold  it's easy to get if you live in certain areas certainly LA.

Most criminals actually stash their used firearms and only hand it out to their inferiors to conduct hits on their behalfs. Or, they sell it to gain a percentage of their wealth, back. They don't waste resources by "throwing it away". 

The only reason why these firearms are easy to attain is BECAUSE they are dirty. A teenager is willing to invest in a dirty weapon, that has two bodies on it, simply because it's affordable.

Edited by DLimit