Why are guns so damn expensive?

SpeedOfThought

8 minutes ago, cracked said:

I always sell pistols at like... 20k. Not sure where 40k comes from. I've yet to even find an opportunity to buy a firearm for that much money. (thanks for the tip tho 😉 )

Even if, I don't want to save up for hours to buy a handgun for the price of a car. As mentioned earlier, you can rob someone with a bat or a knife, but it just makes it a lot harder, and a bat I can even possibly fight back. A character like mine who is young and doesn't have a lot to spend, wouldn't want to spend 20k on a gun when he can buy a car for that price, or several other things. I understand that they should be hard to get since there are a lot of people and it could turn the server into a warzone, but this is just my thoughts on this topic

2 minutes ago, SpeedOfThought said:

I feel like even if you made guns cheaper, some players will still want to get them legally, because they want to take the risk of going to jail. Maybe they are a security guard, or want to defend themselves, so I don't think lowering the price would cause chaos on the server. 

IFM has little no saying about the prices of guns afaik. It's quite literally, there's a high demand. The prices will be higher. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedOfThought said:

I feel like even if you made guns cheaper, some players will still want to get them legally, because they want to take the risk of going to jail. Maybe they are a security guard, or want to defend themselves, so I don't think lowering the price would cause chaos on the server. 

There's a clause on PF/CCW applications where you need to confirm that you're not gang/mob affiliated (OOC Clause). PD Admins check that easily, and everyone with any illegal affiliations have their applications denied. So that's not what's going on actually. 

1 hour ago, SpeedOfThought said:

I was just having this discussion with some folks in the Discord server, but I decided to bring it here as well. For players like me who want to get into doing robberies, I don't wanna save up for hours and spend a small fortune just to get a small handgun. While this server does have a lot of players, and making guns easier to obtain could cause chaos, I think that it is highly unlikely that it will happen.

That is very, very wishful and ignorant thinking.

There's chaos every 2 nights..

1 hour ago, SpeedOfThought said:

Yes, but for players like me who want to get into robberies, I don't want to save up for hours and spend a small fortune just to go broke after buying a handgun and then have to do it again after I lose it from getting robbed or killed. I can get a gun and 100 bullets for like 10k if I get it legally.

So get a legal gun..

Or use knives/bats/whatever.

The gun economy is expensive because people are willing to pay 40k for a firearm. I do not believe it's admins setting these prices.