Lock and archive please.

Pie

6 minutes ago, Late said:

No, I hate time paradox like this. 1 day IG = 1 day IRL. I hate when people age up but Rafi is still 37 because only 1 month has passed. This is more immersion breaking than anything else, more so than people mentioning Audi and BMW, more so than people RPing Paleto being a 10 hour drive instead of a 10 minute drive etc. 

I agree. It sounded good to me when I thought of it but I didn't think of the technicalities that could arise from it. No need for further replies, any support or admin could lock this now.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

it should be a choose between a forced age up or a forced memory erase of your victims, unless you get them while being in prison

Bruh, what?

And no. Let people do this internally how they prefer..

It's a really tough one for me. I don't like aging-up, but I also understand why it exists. LEO factions force their officers to age-up when they rank up high enough to avoid the problem of 22-year-old police lieutenants. This does make it awkward because it creates divergent canons--the people outside of the age-up met the character at 22, and now they're in their 30s, but they haven't aged up a bit. It's something I've seen people dance around pretty well and not really make much of an issue out of it.

To me, it's more immersion-breaking when someone like, say, Lawrence Zampa, gets caught dead-to-rights in a court case for conspiracy to commit murder for hire, caught on a wire-tap, and he goes to jail for "nine months" (9 IRL days) but because the trial took like two weeks, he got out on time-served. Can you imagine in real life a mafia hitman being caught on wire planning the murder of a high-level corporate executive, being found guilty, and getting out on time served because the trial took a couple weeks? And then he goes back out and continues RPing like nothing really happened.

(Sorry, not to dig too hard on Zampa. His RP is good, and it's not his fault, but the fault of the system we have. I call on that example a lot because it has a lot of moving parts by a lot of fantastic RPers and shows that the problem is often with the system itself, not the people RPing it.)

It's immersion-breaking to me that you have characters who are 19 years old, or 21 years old, and they're RPing that they've been to prison for multiple felonies already (because they have been). It's immersion-breaking to me that I can watch someone be arrested for murdering someone, and then they're out acting like a tough guy again next week. 

This is a heavy RP server. It's time we start looking at ways to make heavier consequences for serious crimes, but to enable them in a fun way which builds roleplay for people. If the only argument against prison being a forced age-up is that "it breaks my immersion and screws my timelines" then I can offer that the argument is exactly the same for the other side. We need to go beyond merely "immersion breaking" to come up with what's the best outcome because either way is equally immersion breaking and uncomfortable. The difference is one way is immersion breaking for everyone else but only slightly for the person who did the crime, and the other way is immersion breaking more for the person who did the crime than everyone else. 

• Pie changed the title to Lock and archive please.
  • mj2002 locked this topic