Limit the Facebrowser ''NSFW'' content

Levitate

TIME TO STOP  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I already had this idea in mind to implement into facebrowser and it'd work practically the same way instagram and facebook deals with NSFW creators to limit the amount of viewership, but instead of algorithms I'm gonna go for a more direct approach (if there's interest ofc), tell me in a reply if this is a good suggestion or no;

So a member of moderation has the ability to slap a NSFW tag on a profile on page, by default there will be a "No NSFW filter" enabled in your settings which will prevent you from seeing any and all posts and search results from said creator.

Feel free to leave alternative suggestions in them replies.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I was quite hyped to play with a social network that focus on ingame content (opposed to lsrp's networks for those who remember).

It turned out a large disappointment from this point of view however as the whole design of fb is not aiming to actually portrait ingame content, but to instead once again alter the appearance of any showcased image so it doesn't ressemble anyone one can spot ingame.

We might as well go back to using pics of irl people randomly imho as there's a similar amount of rp behind it than the typical highly edited pictures.

Exceptions who rp their setups stating the rule, but I am not personally convinced every character showcased at a private pool has access to one for instance.

9 minutes ago, Levitate said:

And the only thing you need is menyoo, some mods and that's it. NO RP what so ever.

The problem is not the content, but how it's produced (ooc).

I get some people will cry over this statement but, at the current point we might as well just use faceclaims as back then on lsrp, as these random real life pics have as much ressemblance with the ingame portrayals of characters as the menyoo screenshots do.

Edited by knppel
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Biscuit said:

So I already had this idea in mind to implement into facebrowser and it'd work practically the same way instagram and facebook deals with NSFW creators to limit the amount of viewership, but instead of algorithms I'm gonna go for a more direct approach (if there's interest ofc), tell me in a reply if this is a good suggestion or no;

So a member of moderation has the ability to slap a NSFW tag on a profile on page, by default there will be a "No NSFW filter" enabled in your settings which will prevent you from seeing any and all posts and search results from said creator.

Feel free to leave alternative suggestions in them replies.

This is an alternative that would work, but it doesn't change the fact that people make characters just to earn money to later on change their names.

How about making it mandatory that said people have to actually roleplay in the game? I myself find it silly never to see actual people in the game, yet they always post pictures or stories on FB. I use Menyoo yes and advertise myself sometimes, but what you see on FB is exactly what you get from me in the fucking game. AKa no mods. Just filters.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1