Suggestion to move refund requests, player and staff reports to UCP.

Your opinion.  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Short description: Providing options through UCP to file account issues, donation issues, refund requests, player reports, staff reports and other.

Detailed description: Easily accessible click and plug options where formats pop up and will be listed accordingly in a private section that is only visible for administrators, the reporting party, and possible witnesses that would be subscribed to certain reports if deemed by administrators.

Commands to add: Not Applicable.

Items to add: Not applicable. 

How would your suggestion improve the server?: This would make it easier for administrators to deal with issues privately, where they can work on solutions on issues with refund requests or player reports that involve players without worrying about silly feedback, spamming on reports, or metagaming attempts from other members of this community as this is something that occurres a lot.

Additional information: This is something that began to grow on me a while ago, as people approached me through private messages about situations that have been reported openly on forums. Anything similar would be sufficient, there are probably other administrators that could go into more detail regarding this topic as they came from the same community as I did before joining GTA:World.

Screenshots for examples listed below:
https://prnt.sc/wlju2i
https://prnt.sc/wljw0r
https://prnt.sc/wlk1xa
https://prnt.sc/wlk2ir

Edited by CobraEleven

I like the idea, especially if it's done through UCP and the format being an actual text fields that has been set so the user doesn't have to look anywhere for the format as it's already presented to them. Regarding report, in theory if they report another player there could also be implemented a way to automatically notify the aforementioned players through UCP already. There would be also a way to track the reports that any user has made on the UCP so it's easier to see them with statuses and such if there's a progression on the reports.

I'm looking at this from the user experience point of view and I like it, though of course there's also another thing that making reports only visible to admins and everyone involved would make it less possible of metagaming but that's another whole discussion.

If management decided to do this, then sure +1 as it would improve the user experience in general imo.

• 4 weeks later...

This would be a great feature. Not only would the process be much simpler and the integration be much higher but people would be automatically notified (and monitored) straight through the UCP, administrators would have a much higher control over both privacy and the report itself and it would make everything much, much easier.

Something should be done regarding the visibility of reports. You should be able to invite witnesses/third parties to view/reply the reports as they might have something valuable to add.

3 minutes ago, ThomasNoman said:

Only for refund requests. Player reports are matters of transparency and should remain public.

I'm going to quote this, the only way you're going to separate the bad apples are by knowing the typical types of rulebreakers, I personally wouldn't want to interact with someone that's always constantly getting admin punished or having reports put up against them. If someone doesn't want to have player reports placed against them, then it's simple. Don't break the rules and make sure you're aware of the server rules. Staff reports I completely get why they're private and they should remain private and they should be done via the UCP, along with the refund requests.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 4:13 PM, Dos Santos said:

I'm going to quote this, the only way you're going to separate the bad apples are by knowing the typical types of rulebreakers, I personally wouldn't want to interact with someone that's always constantly getting admin punished or having reports put up against them. If someone doesn't want to have player reports placed against them, then it's simple. Don't break the rules and make sure you're aware of the server rules. Staff reports I completely get why they're private and they should remain private and they should be done via the UCP, along with the refund requests.

They could simply list punishments in the UCP, the whole litigation process between the contesting parties should be private. Admin jails and other punishments are already publicly announced.

Edited by meltcity