LSPD, Realism & My Removal

roozles

Just now, Zach.. said:

I dunno, maybe I don't have the full story. The last we heard about these issues was on the PD future thread on the forums, where Nervous stated that everything was mostly fine. 

Again, could be wrong, but I feel like more transparency could of been a good thing.

To be fair to you and your well received claims of people losing trust in the admin team- here's the thing. I'm not LFM so I don't know what went behind the curtains, but I had to make my report to LFM twice against roozles and PD (when I was in it, that too after I was warned to not to). Nervous is right- people kept reporting roozles for 3 months- how do I know that? Because whenever I'd talk to some person on discord about PD they'd have nothing nice to say about the leadership and they kept on emphasizing how LFM wouldn't listen to them. So, I think everyone knows it wasn't an 'admin' or solely a 'LFM' decision at the end- it was a result of numerous reports that people made against the leadership. To paint it as anything other than that- honestly, just looks like an attempt to undermine the admin team and propogate the false narrative provided in this topic by the self-proclaimed martyr.

I respect Roozles a lot. He modernised the faction and whilst some members would disagree for X or Y reason, quite frankly, a large majority of the changes were very long overdue and should have been implemented a very long time ago.  Thank you Roozles for your fantastic additions to the faction, you are the the reason I reinstated. Yes, he may have promoted his circle quickly but can you blame him? Would you be comfortable managing a faction with people who have almost completely opposite mindsets to you? There's a reason behind his actions and I cannot blame the guy whatsoever.

People need to understand that a faction's public image is very important. Roozles made an attempt of making the LSPD feel like more of a real life law enforcement agency. Not every change has to be beneficial to every member of the faction.

• Upvote 1

Okay, since everyone's been leaving their two cents, I'll step in and leave mine.

First off, roozles had promised a lot of things, along with his leadership, which okay I will support the fact of fast tracking the people you "trust", okay yes you want a team of people around who you can trust and work very well with, that is fine. However, what could have been done instead of sitting in your locked channel with friends was make an announcement of some sort, and keep encouraging people saying, I want a team of people around I can trust, for gods sakes if It's getting out of hand even drop some names, it was very apparent who those "trusted" people were, whilst I personally have not been a part of LSRP when you had your tenure as STAFF there, I have heard some things from previous members and close friends of mine currently. I put that aside because I did see a potential in you, given that yes my trust wasn't fully won over, however as you have promised a lot of things, you also specifically targetted some divisions and bureaus as a whole, I will not be stating specifically which to try retain some positivity at least. Not to mention the conduct you had to certain people who actually brought their concern forward to you with some changes you made, and I will not be quoting nor posting a picture, but I'm certain you're aware who they are.

We'll start of with the Assignments system which is in reality was a MASSIVE flop, given that completely going back is not an option at this time we have to make do with what we have, however we can change some things, for one not forcing people out of positions because they also wanted to do this other thing of lets say being in GED, let's say I am appointed as the FLD Commanding Officer, an entirely paperwork focused division, I am at this moment in time forced to either resign as my position as the CO and go to GED since I can't be in two Primary Assignments, no. The fact you guys keep saying that you're pushing for realism, is good however, there is also another thing you have to look out for here like keeping watch of 10+ divisions, all sorts of people and what not. Realism is good I will agree, then again you also forget that we are also playing a game, and I keep stressing this but my point is never brought across but merely ignored. We cannot make changes for the simple fact of "LAPD does it", no that's just not how it works, I have no experience personally leading a faction, yes. However, I have some leadership experiences of leading teams in football, and those sort of things, yes they are not the same thing. There is one fact being the captain as for instance in a football team as mentioned is, nowhere near the same job I am fully aware of this, however, there is one aspect they share and that is the sense of leading by example, and being there to motivate your team through hard times and good times, that'd be a transitional period when changing a coach (again an example.). You did not do much of that, you were not very transparent with your faction members nor were your "trusted" members, you guys threw changes at us and basically forced us to figure them out by ourselves. Yes some are approachable, however it's not a good picture to paint for your other members when all you do for days on end is sit in a channel with your friends and never talk to smeone else. I will use Smokey as an example here, who has in my opinion seemed to have the best success out of any of the chiefs. He joined random peoples channel and actually talked with them, he held Chief's hour, which you had never done, not once not even a mention of it. A Chief of this size of a faction is someone who needs to not lock himself in a channel with his friends and "trusted" people, but rather be a transparent person, who listens to his other members, makes contact with them and tries retain a sense of happines. 

You constantly promised that everything will make sense with time, whilst this may be fine in your eyes, it isn't in most peoples when leaderships of certain divisions are not made aware of a massive overhaul of a system, and generally other divisions that had feared they would come under the same reign. For one I'll end this with you guys need to be way more transparent with people, and not slam your own ideologies on them without communicating it before with them. 

I will briefly cover the possible removals of the Interceptors, yes while we should aim to focus on RP above pursuits, you guys seemed to had forgotten what happened when you basically removed our ability of initiating bike pursuits for "not-serious" enough felonies and charges. You will basically do the same for sports vehicles and fast vehicles in general, lets bring it back for one, when you have a division which basically revolves around these vehicles your goal as the leader should not be overstepping their direct bureau commanders and making them take the blame instead of you. This is still a video-game, people do enjoy pursuits everyone is aware of that, however instead of basically making any pursuit nowadays be a dream, you should keep the bike pursuits be the way they are currently, and should keep the rest of our pursuit ideologies such as with Interceptors the same. 

Now to add onto my last topic, you aim for equality and fairness, which simply is not realistic, departments IRL utilise any sense of advantage they have, in real life cops are "overpowered" because they should be, sure at points we were maybe a bit too strong in sense of reality, however we should still retain an upper-hand at all times as that is how it is IRL. 

This post alone will possibly hold me back from my desired position as a Supervisor, and if such thing does happen, you guys should really check if you have the right mentality for such positions then, positions like yours come with a lot of criticism and you should welcome it with open arms, and not shunt it off and giggle about it in your channel. 

Thank you for reading, and as a Staff member this was posted with prior approval from Nervous.

I'll lock this before it turns into more bashing of each side. Everyone got their points written. I do believe @roozles has planted the seeds for more realism in PD with great projects done and to come, once again I thank you for this and your time.

I'll do my best to ensure it stays on this track, but with better methods to get there for your members and with FM, and by always following fair processes.