LSPD, Realism & My Removal

roozles

3 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

It's more than people just not liking Roozles. You took a member who lead the faction, albeit to some peoples dismay, and just out right removed him in one day. I'm honestly not sure if theres more to this story because again, no one wants to give us details or any sort of information regarding this "not working with LFM". 

I've been through my fair share of communities on games and stuff like this just makes people angry, upset, and lose trust in the admin team.

In one day ? This discussion has been ongoing since October everyday.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Zach.. said:

It's more than people just not liking Roozles. You took a member who lead the faction, albeit to some peoples dismay, and just out right removed him in one day. I'm honestly not sure if theres more to this story because again, no one wants to give us details or any sort of information regarding this "not working with LFM". 

I've been through my fair share of communities on games and stuff like this just makes people angry, upset, and lose trust in the admin team.

They gave Roozles multiple chances to improve and handle things more transparently. If the changes they wanted to see weren't being made and the impact was negative, what're they meant to do? LFM did their job. That's literally a part of their job. Removing faction leaders for a number of things. Faction leaders can't be untouchable and we are answerable to LFM/Server Management. We can't just do whatever the hell we want and get away with it. LFM did their job. You don't have to like it, but they did their job. 

• Upvote 5
9 minutes ago, Briggs said:

I do want to provide some insight to the resignation of a high-ranking faction member; Cascade (Samantha McGill). It continues to appear to be a common misconception among faction members and external community members that she was forced to leave the faction; this is false. Prior to her resignation, she was spoken to at length concerning her role in the faction, her activity and her stance towards the direction of the faction (additional realism). This was thoroughly discussed with Server Management and Legal Faction Management, approved by Nervous, and the decision to offer reassignment was not an impulsive one, but instead one that was subject to weeks worth of discussions and deliberations.

She willingly chose to resign, but has always been allowed to come back, and would have been with open arms should she have chosen to reinstate. Frankly, some decisions are more controversial than others. But I wish to stress that these decisions are typically incredibly complex in nature, and a great number of factors come into play, some of which you may not be aware. Oftentimes, shedding light on these details may be inappropriate, or violate the privacy of those faction members involved (in this case, Samantha McGill). That was not something that we were willing to do. 

In any case, despite our attempted transparency on the matter, inevitably, there are numerous misinformed assumptions about what happened, and that will always appear to be the case.

There's no misconception. Everyone pretty much knows what happened. She got railroaded.

I know Cascade. I been knowing Cascade for a long time. No she did not get fired. She resigned because she was offered a Lieutenant spot. A Lieutenant spot from a Deputy Chief of Police. That's a slap in the face man. It is a veritable freefall in rank influence. And she got that because two people in the buddy club decided they could do a better job than she could at something she help build. And coincidentally while she was offered that laughable spot, those two who just happened to be friends with the chief were being elevated left and right. It's weird how that worked right? Sergeant 2 to Captain 3 in a single jump. It wasn't a complex decision. It seemed pretty cut and dry. She wasn't part of the buddy group, so she's out. Same thing happened with Tranxify. And it was painted immediately as something different to try and save face.

You throw all this stuff around about how people don't know the full story because of this or that. But like @Undead said, our source is good.

• Upvote 2

I really don't understand why this thread was created. It showcases a false narrative that he was removed or was getting pushback for the changes he was implementing and that is simply not true. I have been fortunate enough to learn of the inner workings behind the scenes, specifically with LFM, leadership and regular officers and it wasn't pretty. So to feed this narrative and put the blame on us is quite disappointing. To allow people outside the faction to bash us when they had no idea what the atmosphere inside was like is also unacceptable.

• Upvote 5

I think that LSPD is a major official faction tied to GOV, which as usual should cooperate tightly with LFM. Thus LFM decides on their leadership as they see fit. End of story. By being a member of PD, you are working FOR government and not for yourself.

Edited by Engelbert
4 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

There's no misconception. Everyone pretty much knows what happened. She got railroaded.

I know Cascade. I been knowing Cascade for a long time. No she did not get fired. She resigned because she was offered a Lieutenant spot. A Lieutenant spot from a Deputy Chief of Police. That's a slap in the face man. It is a veritable freefall in rank influence. And she got that because two people in the buddy club decided they could do a better job than she could at something she help build. And coincidentally while she was offered that laughable spot, those two who just happened to be friends with the chief were being elevated left and right. It's weird how that worked right? Sergeant 2 to Captain 3 in a single jump. It wasn't a complex decision. It seemed pretty cut and dry. She wasn't part of the buddy group, so she's out. Same thing happened with Tranxify. And it was painted immediately as something different to try and save face.

You throw all this stuff around about how people don't know the full story because of this or that. But like @Undead said, our source is good.

Can we talk about the irony that the person making that post is the person that was fast-tracked into Cascade's position and is now Deputy Chief? I hope the community don't fall for these sob-stories or misinformations. Would be a good outcome to see him also offered the same demotion as Cascade, see how he reacts. Wonder if he'd write the same sentiments about himself?

FM made a decision with Nervous - there was a reason Roozles was removed. Don't let his Donald Trump attempts of being a martyr and kicking up a storm actually work on you. Trust the staff who make these decisions as they actually want what's best for the community, not a clique of friends.

Edited by lux
  • Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

I dunno, maybe I don't have the full story. The last we heard about these issues was on the PD future thread on the forums, where Nervous stated that everything was mostly fine. 

Again, could be wrong, but I feel like more transparency could of been a good thing.

I tried to avoid this thread and just let wherever the wind blows to hopefully flesh this out to a respectable level, but it's only been degrading farther into something I cannot simply standby and not give a reply. As someone who has been here since 2018, working from my positions in this community including one of faction leadership of which I am (with the exception of I believe Roadtrain), one of the longest serving government faction leaders still currently active in this community I believe this gives me a rather unique faction leader perspective into events that transpire from above down to the rank-and-file membership of these factions. Let me just start out with saying, I'm extremely disappointed. This thread, extremely disappoints me, and not for the reason you may believe. I won't address the internal PD "realism," arguments because frankly they're tiring and every single person has a different version of what that even really means to the point it's not worth an argument. People will have opinions there, and they will fall where they may. Here is what disappoints me about this thread. It doesn't provide a single solution to what is the grievance. Really, it doesn't provide a single one. So it brings the question of what the purpose here really is. 

This thread, is a pity party plain and simple. Orchestrated as a group of dissatisfied individuals (rightly or wrongly), who are going to give a story most favorable to themselves for others to buy into. The Los Santos Police Department is one of the worst factions on this server. I believe the numerous general discussion threads, and private messages I receive from players across this community this is damn near indisputable and I for one won't defend it like it's not true as I never have. Now is this Roozles fault? No. It's been made that way over a long string of decisions over multiple administrations of this faction, and I have been one of the people on the forefront of attempting to change the culture (And still trying to change it.) That being said, there's a difference in how we go about it. Regardless of decisions made, if you truly care about the faction you would try to bring as much unity to the faction transition as you possibly can even if you hold private reservations. This is how governments have to handle transitions, for that same exact reason (US currently is an exception to the rule atm, but still.) Not a single reply from the original posts lend support to the new administration. Not a single reply from the original posts are encouraging to lower ranking members of the faction who simply want to enjoy their roleplay. Not a single reply from the original posts are here to stir confidence. The only thing this thread is here for, is to stir dissent. And this, is why I am most greatly disappointed. And if I were to go further, I would hope that if I ever did something like this in relation to my own faction towards LFM or Management in this manner, I would hope they would have the balls to remove me so fast and take away all my positions and @Notbond, @Nervous, @Sharvit can quote me on that and save it for future reference to show I'm not bullshitting. 

This is a time where we should be lending as much support to the LSPD as possible, in this transitionary period. Yet all that is being done, is an airing of dissent with absolutely nothing positive added to the conversation. If you want to fix/help the LSPD fix it's problems, be a part of the solution. Actually propose solutions that will get the faction to the state you wish to see it. Don't go through a mass pity party, gathering all your group of supporters, to then just disclose your grievances publicly simply for the sake of. @roozles, I say this with the greatest amount of respect to you as a person as I attempted and was working with you on improving this faction and have received praise from you for it, but if you seriously believe this was the correct way to handle this situation regardless of anything else, you deserved to be removed and honestly banned from gaining any faction leadership position in the future and anyone in high-ranking positions who followed deserve the same treatment. I am so disappointed, as I have defended quite a bit, but this is intolerable. And to those outside of faction just tuning in, simply ask this question. "Do you really think anyone willing to simply go about business in this manner, was truly the right choice for a leadership position of any kind?" My answer to that, and I'm willing for everyone to know it, is absolutely not. And that's all I have to say, as I will take further messages in my discord or TS if anyone wants more. 

• Upvote 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 5
5 minutes ago, Copacetic said:

They gave Roozles multiple chances to improve and handle things more transparently. If the changes they wanted to see weren't being made and the impact was negative, what're they meant to do? LFM did their job. That's literally a part of their job. Removing faction leaders for a number of things. Faction leaders can't be untouchable and we are answerable to LFM/Server Management. We can't just do whatever the hell we want and get away with it. LFM did their job. You don't have to like it, but they did their job. 

You can't combat lack of transparency with lack of transparency though? The people who handled this case in what was said to be months definitely have gathered enough proof beforehand so why not share it with everyone and shame roozles for his wrongdoings? I highly suspect there's no proof and this whole move is just another shady deal but again, we can't know. The straight up refusal of even disclosing any hard evidence is enough evidence, though.

• Nervous locked this topic
  • Nervous unlocked and locked this topic