LSPD, Realism & My Removal

roozles

1 minute ago, Briggs said:

I do want to provide some insight to the resignation of a high-ranking faction member; Cascade (Samantha McGill). It continues to appear to be a common misconception among faction members and external community members that she was forced to leave the faction; this is false. Prior to her resignation, she was spoken to at length concerning her role in the faction, her activity and her stance towards the direction of the faction (additional realism). This was thoroughly discussed with Server Management and Legal Faction Management, approved by Nervous, and the decision to offer reassignment was not an impulsive one, but instead one that was subject to weeks worth of discussions and deliberations.

She willingly chose to resign, but has always been allowed to come back, and would have been with open arms should she have chosen to reinstate. Frankly, some decisions are more controversial than others. But I wish to stress that these decisions are typically incredibly complex in nature, and a great number of factors come into play, some of which you may not be aware. Oftentimes, shedding light on these details may be inappropriate, or violate the privacy of those faction members involved (in this case, Samantha McGill). That was not something that we were willing to do. 

In any case, despite our attempted transparency on the matter, inevitably, there are numerous misinformed assumptions about what happened, and that will always appear to be the case.

Cascade wasn't removed from the faction. She was going to be demoted from Captain to P3+1 or whatever similar. Any logical person being bullied into being kicked back to being a patrol officer from staff would leave. We had over 20 people leave when the change happened, that was no coincidence. And if I see the word transparency used in a post one more time I'm going to lose it. If you have to tell everybody constantly that you're being transparent, you're not being transparent. 

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Sharvit said:

Hello. 
I will be starting this message with a warning to everyone. No direct bashing at anyone will be allowed.
I suggest everyone to think twice about what they are going to post on this topic.
As we all know how this is going to turn out, a topic where supporters and non-supporters of past leadership will bash each other, so I highly suggest everyone not to. 
Legal Faction Management leadership have decided to change the current LSPD leadership due to many reasons.
The current leadership has proven itself borderline impossible to work with and denied any sort of co-operation with LFM.
Complaining that LFM did not support the faction is basically being a hypocrite. LFM members supported this faction above and beyond, spending all of their free time, till early morning times, to deal with every issue that raised up from and about the faction - all of this while getting zero support and respect back from the leadership. 
A change was due to be done for a long time and was always delayed in order to give plenty of more chances to the leadership to correct itself.  I can keep going, showing proofs, pictures, or whatever but I won't lower myself to the level of this topic that really has no intention.
A reason was asked and a reason was given. 
I wish Roozles the best of luck with whatever he does and hopefully, he'll understand that this is a game and that no action is a personal one. 

I want to echo this and reinforce the fact that this decision was not made due to the changes Roozles was making, myself and Nervous publicly supported the changes towards a less robotic, more realistic PD. Many PD members made complaints in regards to these changes and we still worked with roozles and supported his leadership. We allowed Roozles to build his team (and while we did get involved to ensure people weren't fast tracked unfairly) let him promote people rapidly through the ranks.  It is my aim that the faction will continue to push towards many of its existing goals for 2021.

As Sharvit has pointed out, LFM had major issues when working with Roozles specifically and there were regular communication breakdowns across a range of topics, I have always had a positive relationship with Roozles and but cannot always be there to step in and resolve these conflicts. Many faction members shared complaints with LFM were not necessarily about the changes themselves but the way they were implemented. LFM had the sames issues when working with roozles directly. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Briggs said:

I do want to provide some insight to the resignation of a high-ranking faction member; Cascade (Samantha McGill). It continues to appear to be a common misconception among faction members and external community members that she was forced to leave the faction; this is false. Prior to her resignation, she was spoken to at length concerning her role in the faction, her activity and her stance towards the direction of the faction (additional realism). This was thoroughly discussed with Server Management and Legal Faction Management, approved by Nervous, and the decision to offer reassignment was not an impulsive one, but instead one that was subject to weeks worth of discussions and deliberations.

She willingly chose to resign, but has always been allowed to come back, and would have been with open arms should she have chosen to reinstate. Frankly, some decisions are more controversial than others. But I wish to stress that these decisions are typically incredibly complex in nature, and a great number of factors come into play, some of which you may not be aware. Oftentimes, shedding light on these details may be inappropriate, or violate the privacy of those faction members involved (in this case, Samantha McGill). That was not something that we were willing to do. 

In any case, despite our attempted transparency on the matter, inevitably, there are numerous misinformed assumptions about what happened, and that will always appear to be the case.

Trust me, my source is better than yours.

• Applaud 3
4 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Well, well, well. I spent my last 3 months being spammed by "apparently 100 members" resigning if Roozles remains chief. Where are they now? Where are the 50+ complainers who spammed LFM with reports, stressing everyone out for? Suddenly everyone loves Roozles.

think that's only the first page!

It sounds like you had some good ideas and a vision but perhaps a poor way of working?  When making big changes I think complaints will be expected (you gotta break eggs to make an omelette, so the saying goes).  But, noting the admin saying that communication was poor/unhealthy, it sounds like LFM wern't aware of how disruptive the changes would be, and wern't onboard with it, nor understood/agreed how the benefits would be worth it in the face of many complaints...

Just my interpretation based on reading this thread.

Edited by Paenymion
10 minutes ago, Sebz said:

We went down this same road on LSRP when FM booted Foran (Michael Houston) out of the faction. The faction was divided (as it is currently) but life moved on. The faction was given over to Hermy (Caden Lin). Once Lin came into the picture, the faction wasn't necessarily in ruins, he kept things moving and frankly, he didn't do anything that they removed Foran for in the first place, he changed the faction for the better.

I'll remind you that Foran was removed because he refused to conform to what LFM wanted of him. Foran had the faction moving in the right direction, the roleplay quality was good, the paperwork was borderline non-existent and the fun was never-ending. I'll be the first person to say that Foran and I were not friends, I did not like Foran as a person and frankly, he was very off-putting to me in general. I won't go deeply into reasons as to why because he's long gone from the GTA roleplay world and doesn't need to be talked bad about behind his back.

For those of you LFM members who aren't from LSRP, let me fill you in on what happens next. Faction management steps in AGAIN and removes the Chief of the PD. Caden Lin is swept out of his leadership position for little to no reason. PD had finally recovered from the last Chief removal and was settling into the new PD structure. This time, things were different, the support was almost entirely in Hermy's favor with great confusion as to why a removal happened in the first place. This summoned over 150 people to a single TS3 server demanding LFM explain their decision to remove Hermy from his position.

In that TeamSpeak channel, nothing much was said from a positive standpoint. LFM shut down genuine questions and concerns and silenced Hermy when he attempted to speak out about what was going on behind the scenes with LFM. It all simmered down, the TS3 cleared out and LSRP looked for yet another Chief of Police. Here comes Adio, and Mecca.

Adio and Mecca did good things for PD in their tenure as well, but many of these things came with a mixed reception. For example, Adio and Mecca pushed for the removal of boxing in suspects, bean bagging players on motorcycles at speed, and conduct in general. Adio and Co. lasted quite a while leading PD and I'll admit, things were going decently, but that didn't last forever, as once again, here comes a new Chief.

Gibbs Brown is brought in to run the LSPD. Long story short: Gets removed for spreading Nazi-themed PD propaganda to those inducted into the command team.

TLDR: You keep removing chiefs, the quality of the faction will decrease. Our trust in you to make logical and reasonable decisions diminishes. Your explanation of the removal was not thorough in any sense. If this removal is entirely just, don't sugar coat it and don't leave out the small details. This community thrives on transparency and fairness. If GTA World is anything like the server it was modeled after, this may signal the beginning of a slow downfall. Whether you like it or not, PD is the INTEGRAL faction on this (and every other) roleplay server. If PD doesn't function, the server doesn't function. If this was genuinely for the betterment of PD, prove it. Right now all I see is an LFM team that couldn't handle the pressure and caved in without action being warranted.

oh come on dont start the Foran Michael Houston discussion. Under Foran the faction was a big group of ooc friends who used to play cod/other military-like games, swat, etc together, then hopped ig on LSRP and continued being together, ending up with a group leadership of divisions and all important faction aspect to be friends and cooperate with eachother, IA complaints went to hell if someone from the 'group' was reported, instead other members who were not as close to the leadership and the 'group' were being bashed on constnatly and made fun out of, instant faction bans, etc.

Removing him was the best decision happened to LSPD on LSRP. Caden Lin might've not done much for the faction itself as a change from Foran's leadership but the 'group' feeling wasnt there anymore and stuff looked much more fair.

but let's stick to gtaw situations not things from 5 years ago

10 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Well, well, well. I spent my last 3 months being spammed by "apparently 100 members" resigning if Roozles remains chief. Where are they now? Where are the 50+ complainers who spammed LFM with reports, stressing everyone out for? Suddenly everyone loves Roozles.

@roozles you know I respected your work to change the realism in PD and I hope the next leadership will keep doing the same work. It is extremely important to improve illegal roleplayers' quality of RP when it comes to their interaction with PD.

I can't thank you enough for all the hard work and pressure you've been under the past months, despite this unfortunate ending.

I'll not comment more about this as it's not really something I followed much this time, but turning this thread into a "FM removed me for my realism actions" is really a shortcut that disappoints me. We both know that wasn't the case, and it's a big middle finger to myself and others who did our best to work out the issues the past 3 months while keeping you as Chief. I spent countless hours on this, so honestly I expected more honesty from you here.

It's more than people just not liking Roozles. You took a member who lead the faction, albeit to some peoples dismay, and just out right removed him in one day. I'm honestly not sure if theres more to this story because again, no one wants to give us details or any sort of information regarding this "not working with LFM". 

I've been through my fair share of communities on games and stuff like this just makes people angry, upset, and lose trust in the admin team.

1 minute ago, zaXer. said:

oh come on dont start the Foran Michael Houston discussion. Under Foran the faction was a big group of ooc friends who used to play cod/other military-like games, swat, etc together, then hopped ig on LSRP and continued being together, ending up with a group leadership of divisions and all important faction aspect to be friends and cooperate with eachother, IA complaints went to hell if someone from the 'group' was reported, instead other members who were not as close to the leadership and the 'group' were being bashed on constnatly and made fun out of, instant faction bans, etc.

Removing him was the best decision happened to LSPD on LSRP. Caden Lin might've not done much for the faction itself as a change from Foran's leadership but the 'group' feeling wasnt there anymore and stuff looked much more fair.

but let's stick to gtaw situations not things from 5 years ago

Foran was removed for (seemingly) the exact same reason Roozles was removed, according to the LFM posts above and on the pages prior. Your implication that the Foran reference is not relevant is just silly.

And if you want to talk about friend groups being in power and determining how something works, take a good hard look at the staff team. As with LSRP, your induction, tenure and advancement in the staff team is greatly dependent on your connections. I've had Staff team leaders (not Nervous) deny this directly to my face, which is comedic, given that I was a member of the LSRP staff team and PERSONALLY booted people into the team with my words and those of my friend group alone.

GTA roleplay CANNOT exist without the buddy system, and it's not necessarily a harmful thing. The staff team seems to work right now, right? I don't wanna go on a tangent about the staff team because frankly this isn't the topic for it. I support the staff team here, but transparency is definitely not a strongsuit.

• Applaud 1
  • Nervous locked this topic
  • Nervous unlocked and locked this topic