LSPD, Realism & My Removal

roozles

Hi everyone,

I was appointed as the Commanding Officer of CTSOB a while ago, to assist roozles with running the faction. I have been here since the server opened. Now I am directly responsible for Metropolitan Division and other tactical assets. I would like to keep it short, and to the point. I do not support this decision and find it unreasonable and unjustified decisions that Management has made, We have been here before on a precious server and I joined this community to prevent that and build a Department revolving around quality police role play, that is fair to illegal and legal role players. I have been on both sides so I always acknowledged how important it is to try and serve both sides. But Rome wasn't built in a day either and a lot of people don't seem to respect that.

The faction is filled with individuals that actively want to maintain unrealistic aspects, and want the police department to remain unnecessarily overpowered. The time, dedication and effort placed into bettering the Department by Command Staff has been completely underappreciated. I feel like there was a lack of consideration for role play improvement. Everything revolves around the happiness of PD faction members, when that isn't always the most important thing. We need to think about the larger community.

Edited by Sphinx

Also being a member of the LSPD, though of much lower a rank, I have come to appreciate a lot of the recent changes in regard to realism. It's effectively taking the faction into the right direction for all to enjoy. I, myself, have been trying to give it my all in assisting wherever I can, specifically by just doing my best and roleplaying to the best of my ability.

To me, though, in all honesty, as Sam's mentioned, I think the process behind everything that took place wasn't the way to go about it. That's just my personal opinion though. 

Oh well, for what it's worth, you were very appreciated as Chief by me. Though I personally weren't the biggest fan of your tenure, you gave it your all to improve aspects the faction needed improvement on — that being roleplay overall. Thanks to your clear and palpable efforts, there's been some huge leaps in quality within the faction. Whether that be the improvements on the manual, department policies or just your fierce passion behind your amiable efforts as Faction leader.

Edited by Eine

Mostly everyone above is a member of the clique. It’s a group of individuals that hang out in a locked channel and seldom speak with anyone outside of their group, minus a few who are perfectly fine.  All policies changed weren’t bad and I can’t dispute that. I’m only speaking about the conduct OOOCLY.

We are a roleplay server after all.  You immediately implanted primary and secondary assignments which was a disaster from the start. Low level people, outside of your clique, began to see demotions. Secondary assignments or assignments not see as “important” were neglected. As a result, people left those areas for the primary assignments. 

Then there’s Marquis Wilson. I’ll try to remain professional on this subject, but he was known to be on a fast track up. In fact, I recall management stepping in because he was skipping ranks. The same was done for the inner circle people. 

The issue and why I believe their removal is justified centers on their OOC conduct. They didn’t act very Faction Leader like. They ignored people and simply attended to their agenda. They only cared about people in their group and it can be seen across the department. The fifty+ complaints were not a mystery. It was a faction in turmoil. 

I applaud server management for taking the appropriate action against them. While I think it was delayed a bit too long, it’s nonetheless greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Flemwad
  • Upvote 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 9

Throughout my time in the faction I had the opportunity to experience two styles of faction leadership. When Roozles took the position of Chief I personally saw his efforts along with the rest of his command staff to ameliorate the faction as a whole. The faction has about 200 or so members, of course not everyone will agree to the changes that were made. Everyone will have different opinions, not everyone will be happy, it's just the way it is. Furthermore, I too must say I am very disappointed with the circumstances that occured and how it occured. 

I'm someone that has roleplayed in PD for 2 years(with breaks). I've also roleplayed in a couple of gangs, and I personally led a gang. So I think I have a fair understanding of how things go for both sides of the spectrum. I genuinely appreciated the steps that were being taken by roozles, and the people that were attempting to implement the aforementioned changes with him. I've seen a couple members of the faction complain about how they weren't going to be able to catch up with the people in high performance vehicles, and being against the removal of interceptors. I'm not here to bash the faction, or the people that have such a mentality. However, I do think it's a toxic attitude for a law enforcement faction member to have. It's not all about catching suspects, in my honest opinion. However, you simply cannot change the mentality of the said people, and they were a vocal majority within the faction. I don't know the specifics behind roozles' removal, and I won't make further comments until I know all the facts. However, I do think his removal was handled poorly. This is not meant to insult FM by any means, it's just how I genuinely feel. We were provided with minimal explanation, and it pushes us to think roozles was punished for his changes.

I'm incredibly disheartened with the decision that was made by Legal Faction Management. Roozles had given me very high hopes for 2021 and beyond for the LSPD. He had the faction's best interest in mind and wanted to give the Police Department a better image and remove the play-to -win mentality that the faction was initially built on by its founders. This wouldn't have been possible without a Staff Team that he could trust and work well with without bumping heads over which direction the faction should head in. I've seen so much change done to the faction in such a short period of time. I feel as as if removal was very uncalled for and done without thinking of the greater good of the faction. I hope that the torch was brought is carried on by future leadership.

Speaking as a faction member that has been around since about the time Roozles got his spot as Chief, I've seen a lot of good come out of the leadership that he provided. Mainly I'd like to cite the recent manual changes. Something as simple as removing the policy that forced us to Mirandarize every player that we detained/arrested made strives in making us look less robotic and more human like. It's a video game, and though Mirandarization is very common, it doesn't look good when you see the same copied and pasted lines every time you're being arrested. There were plenty more changes that were pushed but it's the small things like that which I can really appreciate.

Though a lot of people might not see eye-to-eye with some of the changes, I personally found them to work out and better the faction.

I would like to thank Roozles for what he has done for the faction and hopefully any new changes do not stray far from that path.

Edited by Dawn

Rhonda Williams here. I've been in this faction since 2018 and done LEO roleplay since 2007. I was one of the deputy chiefs who resigned in solidarity when LSRPs admin team made a decision like the one taken here to remove a Chief of Police without consulting faction leadership, simply because they had a strained working relationship. Spontaneous removals never work out. They cause instability and mistrust. Before yesterday I felt like I could approach LFM but seeing them take this decision in the manner they've done leaves a sour taste in my mouth which I had hoped to never experience again.

My faith in the admin team is shattered and i'm not sure i'm willing to invest more of my free time to keep my little corner of the PD running when everything can be upended like this.

• Upvote 2
  • Nervous locked this topic
  • Nervous unlocked and locked this topic