Club Characters + Drugs & Alcohol

aldo

curious as to why most people that go to clubs to roleplay don't drink alcohol or take drugs? i've literally been to raves in game and like one in twenty people would be under the influence of drugs and maybe half of the people at a stretch actually drink alcohol and a lot less even roleplay the effects of alcohol. it's really weird for someone to attend parties all the time and not even taste a drop of alcohol, and even if they do drink alcohol it'd be like one glass. 

first, like everyone drives to clubs, i understand that it's very hard to find a ride in a taxi however pretty much everyone that goes to clubs pulls up in some expensive sports car and if they roleplay drinking alcohol and get pulled over by the police then they RP being sober, how is that fair to PD? 

back to the raves, why do so little rave goers avoid taking literal rave drugs? and if there were more taxi drivers, would people hitch cabs to clubs instead of driving a sports car there? 

Edited by aldo
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
47 minutes ago, aldo said:

curious as to why most people that go to clubs to roleplay don't drink alcohol or take drugs? i've literally been to raves in game and like one in twenty people would be under the influence of drugs and maybe half of the people at a stretch actually drink alcohol and a lot less even roleplay the effects of alcohol. it's really weird for someone to attend parties all the time and not even taste a drop of alcohol, and even if they do drink alcohol it'd be like one glass. 

first, like everyone drives to clubs, i understand that it's very hard to find a ride in a taxi however pretty much everyone that goes to clubs pulls up in some expensive sports car and if they roleplay drinking alcohol and get pulled over by the police then they RP being sober, how is that fair to PD? 

back to the raves, why do so little rave goers avoid taking literal rave drugs? and if there were more taxi drivers, would people hitch cabs to clubs instead of driving a sports car there? 

its literally why drug rp is dead on this server, people who go to clubs simply don't rp drugs and everyone's characters have this "drugs bad" mentality

lets not forget the ppl who rp drugs they dont scriptwisely have too

The club scene on this server is basically what a 5th grader thinks clubs are like. Drugs and club/rave culture go hand in hand. In the more normal clubs coke is pretty prevalent and as you get more into the rave scene drugs only become more and more commonplace. Getting drunk isn't even cool anymore, everybody snorts Ketamine to get the same effect.

But then again, you might need to be in a K hole to enjoy American EDM like I do.

That's my other pet peeve, I can walk into a club and immediately know it's run by European players because the music is WAY off. Not everyplace is playing as heavy shit as I linked, but European style house music is pretty different from what is normal in the United States.

Edited by Henning
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Generation Sober: 10 Reasons Why Millennials Are Opting Out Of Booze To Socialize (forbes.com)

Teenagers Are Smoking And Drinking Less, But They Have A New Favorite Drug | IFLScience

"We also observed a significant increase in youth abstaining from substance use altogether, which rose from 36 percent to 46 percent, and therefore, it is unclear the degree to which increases in those initiating marijuana first could be due to youth abstaining or delaying cigarettes," study author Brian Fairman of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development said in a statement."

We're statistically moving away from our parents' preferred vices.

If only there was a rave.

I went to an "underground" club and David Guetta came on.

Pretty sure that's the one and only time I felt physical pain from playing a video game.

The scene is just not up to par. Only club I feel as worthwhile is The Crypt. Other than that, the whole scene feels lacking. Nobody's drinking, nobody's really doing anything, it's mostly a venue people go to and chat while listening to music.

*shrug*

• Upvote 5