Club Characters + Drugs & Alcohol

aldo

I don't understand why going to a club/rav=you should get wasted pretty badly. I've been to parties icly and oocly and as a person who likes drinking but has a bit of brain I don't get drunk if I know I have to drive. And for drugs, uhn can't there be people who don't like getting drugs? 

The club scene is unfortunately neglected here by the community. Nightclubs are pretty hectic IRL; the dance floor is cramped, some people high off their mind and wasted. On the other hand, the majority of people here drive to nightclubs and sit down at the lounge, have a drink and take their leave. This doesn't apply to everybody of course, or every nightclub but it's a prominent issue. 

go back to when nightclubs were released and they were packed and people properly roleplayed (most of the time)

id love for the community to rp the full effects of alcohol and drugs etc but I think thats what puts people off of doing said activities

From personal experience, I've seen this gradually improve from club to club. Not to shill, but the Chinatown Disco's method has shown that there can be a club where people actually dance, and there is a drug scene for club-goers. It's all about the making of an atmosphere, when it comes to getting to people to do things. I think the big detriment to clubs here is the choices they make when they open, and the ones that always follow a formula when it comes to clubs. On GTAW all clubs are; massive, opulent and spacious. It doesn't make for a good look when you can walk into a club filled with 15 people and not bump shoulders with any of them, just based off of density alone.

It doesn't help when there's three to four clubs open at once. Obviously IRL there's loads open at the same time but that's for everyone in your area not 100~ people. Having one open at a time would give it more of a packed feeling but I understand that people want to make money from their business and not opening at peak times can be detrimental to that.

Like Gall said, a lot of people go to clubs. Sit down, have a drink and head home. That's a bar. Not a club. Get up. Dance. Roleplay being drunk with your friends. Tequila-la-la, for example, is good (in my opinion) because its crammed. There's barely anywhere to sit so you actually have people dancing. It feels alive. 

also please take taxis home dont drink and drive

Edited by Declan
  • Upvote 2
33 minutes ago, Pathway said:

dont make 90% of ur clubs seating areas and 10% the dancefloor then complain when people don't use the dance floor, this is the people furnishings fault since they've clearly never been to actual clubs.

i dont think this is a valid argument. almost every club ive been to on the server so far had proper, decent furnishing and rather sizable dance floors. most of the time you get max 3 people dancing there though. besides, most clubs i went to irl were quite cramped when it came to their dance floors, with my campus' local favourite not having a dance floor at all, yet people still go there to dance. only high end, expensive clubs have very large dance floors.

tldr club interiors are fine, people gotta behave more realistically.

Edited by Sidar

I think the interiors actually do play a part in it, and I think it'd be better if clubs made their interiors a lot smaller. A lot of the clubs on the server have spacious interiors that just make club RP look awkward, it looks like IRL when a club first opens and people are just standing around waiting for more people to arrive before they feel confident enough to dance.  It is easier to make the interior smaller than it is to try and attract the amount of people to fill these spacious interiors, and I think it looking busier even with the same amount of people would improve the vibe within a club.

• Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, verrevert said:

I think the interiors actually do play a part in it, and I think it'd be better if clubs made their interiors a lot smaller. A lot of the clubs on the server have spacious interiors that just make club RP look awkward, it looks like IRL when a club first opens and people are just standing around waiting for more people to arrive before they feel confident enough to dance. 

This 200%. As a pretty dedicated Club RPer, massive interiors are probably Club RP's worst enemy. A gigantic interior with 20 people looks empty. A small interior with 20 people looks packed and it encourages losing yourself in the crowd.

I don't care how stylish your Club is. 99% of people IRL go to Clubs for the same reason: the buzz of the crowd and the promise of something interesting happening. Nothing interesting happens if there's three groups of people awkwardly dancing in opposite corners of a massive hall while two other groups sit down to chat casually while rave music is being blasted at them.

Too many night clubs / bars on the server, the mapped in clubs should be used. Definitely need a cap size on night clubs / bars. At peak time there's like 7-8 of them open at the same time, which of course in Los Angeles there realistically would be. Although to promote roleplay and create a larger environment, there should be a cap size.