Club Characters + Drugs & Alcohol

aldo

4 hours ago, knppel said:

Rather than to allow people who want to to have drugs , FM needs to evaluate how much drugs are consumed ingame, and then re-distribute the drug supplies so that there's more demand than the market offers, if we want to change drug economics.

At the current point drug influx seems to be determined by how many people want to rp dealers (a lot) and how many IFM accepts to get supplier status (without insight, but going by what I see ic: A lot).

As the market offer stands in no relation to what the market actually demands, you have an overexcess of supplies, leading to the absurdities in the drug scene described the past 15 pages.

facts, too much suppliers. need a way to increase demand either through a working addiction script or something else

Edited by Pathway
13 minutes ago, Pathway said:

need a way to increase demand either through a working addiction script or something else

Or weed out (haha) the suppliers. Not lobbying for either btw. It's just silly to do stuff that realistically (hahaha) you'd do for the money you can really do only for the rp (like pushing drugs in a club, that's solely a service offered to likeminded customers in addition currently, not a profitable market). And I'm by far too noob here yet to seriously say tweaking what end of the wheel would have which effects most likely in detail in the economy here (both legal andillegal alike because d'oh, that works hand in hand)

Edited by knppel
10 minutes ago, shiroq said:

You know if people didn't treat criminals as some sort of montsters, you could easily befriend your "dealer" and not get involved in anything illegal past buying drugs. The last thing majority of criminals want to do is rob their customer, that's just anti productive.

Risk averse as I am, I'm not exactly eager to test that assessment.

My experience is that if you don't want to buy drugs in the particular moment you're asked, they default to robbing you instead. This doesn't make me want to buy drugs, this makes me want to avoid them (and their suppliers) altogether.

The market is very much supply heavy. Sellers will have to come up with new ways to get to buyers, whether that be through a group reputation of not being a complete chode or finding unaffiliated middlemen to sell through.

2 hours ago, shiroq said:

Someone who dabbles in running a club, there's not enough money, the standard rate for an hour is 4-5k and rarely does anyone wanna work for less. Usually from an opening I make about 60k, two bartenders, couple of security (no ccw, cop wannabe security) hiring a DJ and the wage bill ends ups being around 50k (which is fine but that's basically the limit of how much staff you can hire without going negative), I want to make bottle service a thing at my club but the issue is that no one is willing to pay a couple of thousand for an expensive bottle because "it's just rp" Sometimes it is the owners but it's also the people that come to clubs that have no idea how to rp in one. With the amount of RICH characters on this server everyone acts like they have $1000 in their bank account while in reality they got 500k or more.

And the minimum wage is basically 3-5k an hour ... People make 10-100k a week

I think the issue you will find is the role players that want to roleplay are often broke due to not grinding jobs and instead roleplaying (especially illegal roleplayers).

And often those that can afford it are just script grinders who only care about a big bank balance and social status and will see spending money on roleplay as “ew”, lol

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, orangejuice said:

I think the issue you will find is the role players that want to roleplay are often broke due to not grinding jobs and instead roleplaying (especially illegal roleplayers).

And often those that can afford it are just script grinders who only care about a big bank balance and social status and will see spending money on roleplay as “ew”, lol

Those that can afford it are precisely those, who should be spending their money. This scrooge mentality needs to change.

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

I didn't mean drugs, but clubbing and night life in general. Ordering a single glass of whiskey for the night? Come on.

I understand. 

But I'll ask the same question I think I asked earlier. What's the goal here?

Force people to buy things they don't want to?

I'm not trying to be facecious, I just wonder whether those who seem to be most vocal here recognize that plenty of players might have perfectly reasonable IC reasons for sitting on a drink all night or not buying it at all.  

On 1/10/2021 at 5:49 PM, Wirbelwind said:

If only there was a rave.

I went to an "underground" club and David Guetta came on.

Pretty sure that's the one and only time I felt physical pain from playing a video game.

The scene is just not up to par. Only club I feel as worthwhile is The Crypt. Other than that, the whole scene feels lacking. Nobody's drinking, nobody's really doing anything, it's mostly a venue people go to and chat while listening to music.

*shrug*

you mean they didn't play avicii - levels? wow fake smh

17 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I didn't mean drugs, but clubbing and night life in general. Ordering a single glass of whiskey for the night? Come on.

Most real life clubs are open at least 6 hours, with bigger clubs being open closer to 8-10 hours. 

In GTA:W, Clubs are generally only open maybe a couple of hours, so there isn't exactly a whole lot of time to get many drinks. You simply don't have the time to buy large quantities.

If you want people to get more drinks the clubs then they have got to stay open longer.