Club Characters + Drugs & Alcohol

aldo

Rather than to allow people who want to to have drugs , FM needs to evaluate how much drugs are consumed ingame, and then re-distribute the drug supplies so that there's more demand than the market offers, if we want to change drug economics.

At the current point drug influx seems to be determined by how many people want to rp dealers (a lot) and how many IFM accepts to get supplier status (without insight, but going by what I see ic: A lot).

As the market offer stands in no relation to what the market actually demands, you have an overexcess of supplies, leading to the absurdities in the drug scene described the past 15 pages.

2 hours ago, knppel said:

Rather than to allow people who want to to have drugs , FM needs to evaluate how much drugs are consumed ingame, and then re-distribute the drug supplies so that there's more demand than the market offers, if we want to change drug economics.

At the current point drug influx seems to be determined by how many people want to rp dealers (a lot) and how many IFM accepts to get supplier status (without insight, but going by what I see ic: A lot).

As the market offer stands in no relation to what the market actually demands, you have an overexcess of supplies, leading to the absurdities in the drug scene described the past 15 pages.

i agree, i don't know how 5 kilos of coke is a suitable amount to give to a faction, who is going to get rid of 5kg on gtaworld?

On 1/11/2021 at 2:25 AM, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Facts, most people are into clubs for the cash or any business for that matter which lessens the overall authenticity and people just go with it and walk in and sit or stand around, not getting high or buying drinks.

Someone who dabbles in running a club, there's not enough money, the standard rate for an hour is 4-5k and rarely does anyone wanna work for less. Usually from an opening I make about 60k, two bartenders, couple of security (no ccw, cop wannabe security) hiring a DJ and the wage bill ends ups being around 50k (which is fine but that's basically the limit of how much staff you can hire without going negative), I want to make bottle service a thing at my club but the issue is that no one is willing to pay a couple of thousand for an expensive bottle because "it's just rp" Sometimes it is the owners but it's also the people that come to clubs that have no idea how to rp in one. With the amount of RICH characters on this server everyone acts like they have $1000 in their bank account while in reality they got 500k or more.

21 hours ago, orangejuice said:

all though in all fairness, a single shot is often 400-500 dollars lol

And the minimum wage is basically 3-5k an hour ... People make 10-100k a week

Edited by shiroq

And don't get me wrong, I am not lobbying for or against anything, last of all to limit rp opportunities.

However at least from what I experience (and from hearsay and what I read here my ic situation is actually not that odd on that matter) drug dealers are the ones suffering from a lack in these because while they are given drugs to deal, there's simply not enough market demand to allow everyone who'd like to play a dealer to actually deal.

This is not due to "no one rping drugs in a club" as was alleged for several pages. It's because so many people have drugs (specially in the club scene, no shit!) that even tryhards  with too much cash at hand can't buy everything they're offered.

1 minute ago, shiroq said:

Someone who dabbles in running a club, there's not enough money, the standard rate for an hour is 4-5k and rarely does anyone wanna work for less.

Facts, the current system with gov paychecks of 4k streamlining salaries and clubs be given the shitcard with capped 20k support makes it unprofitable to throw a proper party.

You're financially rewarded to fill the club and shut immediately to cut the cost.

I'll not go bother to point out that even if you actively deal drugs through your club that's not gonna make up for it even if 100 people come and everyone pops a molly ic.

People always seem to forget that on the server the formula is different. It's 1$ = 10$ so few Ks for a bottle is more than reasonable. Then we have those who can get drunk from a single glass of whiskey and those who are sitting at a table with that single glass all night. That is not realistic to be honest. People go straight to dancefloor without even ordering anything. Somehow they can pay the entrance fee and that's literally it.

I never seen a single club in real life, that tolerated just sitting there or dancing without a single visit at the bar.

Markets and customers (left aside roleplayers) are not reasonable however.

The bottle of beer on the tab for 100 dollar will piss someone off because that's unrealistic, to begin with.

And even if you sell alcohol for a few hundred dollar as it'd fit one part of our ingame economy, another suffers (the drug dealers who then sell the gram of coke cheaper than a whiskey shot whilehaving a higher base cost, for instance).

I'll not write an essay now though.

Edited by knppel
9 minutes ago, knppel said:

Markets and customers (left aside roleplayers) are not reasonable however.

The bottle of beer on the tab for 100 dollar will piss someone off because that's unrealistic, to begin with.

And even if you sell alcohol for a few hundred dollar as it'd fit one part of our ingame economy, another suffers (the drug dealers who then sell the gram of coke cheaper than a whiskey shot whilehaving a higher base cost, for instance).

I'll not write an essay now though.

I think there should be a guide or something about pricing to be honest. I usually buy my whiskey shots for 150$ each and weed for 350-450 per baggie. I mean it's not to get every establishment on the same level, no that would lead to loss of exclusivity and style. But rather a general guidelines about regular prices. I know, that this example isn't really a club, but I had quite a blast in Nobu last time. Their menu was well done and I really felt like dining in some damn noble establishment, including the bill.

Edited by Engelbert

I mean, we're talking about the same people that go to/own strip clubs and put on Kanye West and Drake...

You gotta remember that most of the people that play this game are not exactly... You know.

Many of them are underage, many are indoor-cats and many have no idea what some things look like.

Great examples from around the thread:

"My character is a legal character and drugs are illegal"

*50 cars parked outside of a club*

"I go to a club to get drunk instead of pregaming"

*afk /anim ravedance69*

Most a good portion of people here have no idea what it's like to shoot or own a gun, drive an expensive car, be a cop, be in a gang etc. Through no fault of their own of course, it's just that the game enables you to experiment with those things without the real life consequences or life-changing decisions. Same for clubbing. They don't know what it's like to go to a club with an uber or a DD because you're expecting to be too wasted by the end of it to drive, they don't know what pregaming is or why people do it and they have no idea what music is appropriate to a strip club or a club (ok to be frank, when was the last time you saw a Hispanic-themed club in LS? we don't even have a good variety).

Guides should definitely go up for those who are interested in portraying realistic characters.

Edited by TritonXVII
  • Upvote 3
5 hours ago, Syke said:

While I completely get the point you are trying to make, those figures won't be close to correct in reality.   The majority of drug users are going to lie when asked about their drug use.   I know if my Doctor asks me I'm going to tell them I've used marijuana once or twice that year, when it's been closer to once a day.   This would especially be the case in people who are more successful.   No doctor, lawyer or successful entrepreneur is going to open up about their drug use unless they are caught.

There are ways to control for that in a statistical model.

Mind you, I don't know whether they did or not because we don't have access to the precise methodology to get to those numbers. Even if we presume that the actual numbers are double what've been reported, that's still much less of the population than you might originally envision from the way some people talk about it.

I'm not saying we need to mirror these exactly, I'm just demonstrating why drug use may not be as prevalent as you might think. If we want to answer why people don't take drugs on a basic level, I can really only share a personal perspective.

1. Drugs come from illegal organizations.
  2. The circumstances under which one buys drugs are also conducive to being robbed.
  3. Illegal organizations will (typically) try to rob you if given the chance.
  4. I don't want to be robbed.
  5. I don't buy drugs.

Reputation is everything with situations like these, and with all the violent crime that goes around, these orgs typically get a pretty bad rap whether they've had a hand in it or not. The image of a hardened banger sauntering up to you in the middle of a club trying to pawn some weed off on you isn't exactly inspiring either.

Mind you, I've never consumed any illicit substances in real life, but let's assume a theoretical world in which I know anything about how the sale of illicit substances works. People typically buy from someone they know and trust (or at least, trust not to rob them.) I know illegal orgs see themselves as the middlemen, but they need a middleman to more shy consumers if they want this drug market to take off.

You have suppliers, but you also need to "be" suppliers looking for middlemen. That's how I'd go about it, anyways - and I only say all this because it's always the banger approaching me to sell me weed and not my buddy who just thinks I need to chill. You don't have to wonder who people would be more comfortable buying from.

5 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

ou have suppliers, but you also need to "be" suppliers looking for middlemen. That's how I'd go about it, anyways - and I only say all this because it's always the banger approaching me to sell me weed and not my buddy who just thinks I need to chill. You don't have to wonder who people would be more comfortable buying from.

You know if people didn't treat criminals as some sort of montsters, you could easily befriend your "dealer" and not get involved in anything illegal past buying drugs. The last thing majority of criminals want to do is rob their customer, that's just anti productive.