Club Characters + Drugs & Alcohol

aldo

3 hours ago, DLimit said:

I'm just sitting here, thinking why I've never seen a person OUTSIDE of an illegal faction EXPERIMENT with marijuana, ONCE, in their entirety of their character development. To think, after attending 100 clubs, they wouldn't even try one spliff? One line? One pill? Or, even one bottle? There isn't a SINGLE event in one's development that has their character so stressed-out that they actually consider experimenting with narcotics or alcohol? People, out here, witness murders as civilians and they shrug it off the next day...

I don't mean this in an offensive way, but this makes me wonder how often you interact with people outside an illegal faction. The majority of non-illegal faction characters I know does marijuana, AT LEAST. A lot do ecstasy and coke occasionally, too. Maybe this is because I self-select and make legal characters with a seedy side to them, but still... And while I'm thinking about it, my illegal faction character has also given and sold drugs to legal characters.

Taking one specific example, have you been to, say, ULSA? I am pretty sure you're aware that there are drugs being sold at ULSA,, and where do you think the drugs that are being dealt at ULSA go to? Parties get shut down because of drugs, the university implemented random searches because some characters were brazenly doing and talking about drugs in front of authority figures, or stumbling around after underage drinking, etc.

I just don't recognize the game you're talking about.

Edited by hillievonb
4 minutes ago, hillievonb said:

I don't mean this in an offensive way, but this makes me wonder how often you interact with people outside an illegal faction. The majority of non-illegal faction characters I know does marijuana, AT LEAST. A lot do ecstasy and coke occasionally, too. Maybe this is because I self-select and make legal characters with a seedy side to them, but still...

Taking one specific example, have you been to, say, ULSA? I am pretty sure you're aware that there are drugs being sold at ULSA,, and where do you think the drugs that are being dealt at ULSA go to? Parties get shut down because of drugs, the university implemented random searches because some characters were brazenly doing and talking about drugs in front of authority figures, or stumbling around after underage drinking, etc.

I just don't recognize the game you're talking about.

Never claimed that it applied to every one, as my characters have interacted with countless members in U.L.S.A. 

It isn't a blanketed statement about all "legal" players. However, you have a good chunk of them that have this mentality. I dislike tossing around the "M'-word that ends in a "T", but those are the players that I am referring you.

Edited by DLimit

I tried selling marijuana around Los Santos. You won't believe it but someone said that his character was going to get cancer from it and most of the others were trying to sell their own inventory instead of buying so it seemed to me like mission impossible until I found someone that almost left me with nothing. Marijuana is the most healthy and used drug of them all IRL and still there is almost no one that buys any on the server unless you get lucky and don't tell me that I have no idea because it also seems as if everyone has their own 2 seeds at home.

3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Never claimed that it applied to every one, as my characters have interacted with countless members in U.L.S.A. 

It isn't a blanketed statement about all "legal" players.

Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but...

3 hours ago, DLimit said:

I'm just sitting here, thinking why I've never seen a person OUTSIDE of an illegal faction EXPERIMENT with marijuana, ONCE, in their entirety of their character development.

If you were talking about drugs like meth and heroin, sure. Yes. And honestly, there should be a lot more drugs so people don't go from smoking a joint to shooting up tar. A lot more people would be likely to use some benzos and oxys, I think, that's a problem with the drug system that really should be looked at, I see a lot of people renaming ecstasy to other drugs because they simply don't exist.

But I see a lot of drug use on the legal side, and have occasionally helped supply it on the illegal side.

1 hour ago, ScottieP said:

Marijuana is the most healthy and used drug of them all IRL and still there is almost no one that buys any on the server unless you get lucky and don't tell me that I have no idea because it also seems as if everyone has their own 2 seeds at home.

We do buy it. There's just dozens of players in your same position trying to sell it like it was the morning paper, riding around in bikes, cars and sometimes even high-end cars to stop a random bystander to offer them drugs. I usually keep a stash of about 50 units/grams of Marijuana (as a legal character) and I simply can't keep up with the amount of people that push their phone number on me or chase me around, calling me up to several times a day to see if I need more.

Walking around South LS on foot, if you look over your shoulder it just looks like this:

Lab: Cycling in the peloton is ten times easier than previously thought -  Metro Newspaper UK

• Applaud 1

All the drugs I do I portray through my own experience. I've never taken MDA or MDMA so I don't do meth IG, I've never taken cocaine so I don't do cocaine IG (that much) but I've done weed, lean & ket, so I portray how I remember feeling those times.

My current character doesn't drink as her mental issues would probably get her hooked on it forever, she'll only begin drinking if character development brings her that way.

Edited by Sim
1 minute ago, lambchops said:

Realistically, seeing 50 cars parked outside a club is an indication that it's a lame club.

Get wasted for once, folks.

As a counter argument, there's a fair few players who don't actually know how to roleplay under the effects of drugs and alcohol.

Screaming "COCAAAAAINE" with /s is not you being under the influence imo