Club Characters + Drugs & Alcohol

aldo

1 hour ago, Свето said:

Could almost sum that up to "nobody ever wants to buy drugs" period

I mean thats pretty much what it boils down to, nobody wants to roleplay doing drugs, even though the vast majority of people in cities like LA use some sort of drug, whether it's something insignificant like marijuana or if it's some shit like cocaine or even something harder.

5 hours ago, ThomasNoman said:

Yeah, this is really concerning RP quality, but no one can force someone to RP drugs, it's up to them.

1 hour ago, Garras Up said:

I mean thats pretty much what it boils down to, nobody wants to roleplay doing drugs, even though the vast majority of people in cities like LA use some sort of drug, whether it's something insignificant like marijuana or if it's some shit like cocaine or even something harder.

I personally can't see how that is concerning?

Even if your character would be inclined to drink, do drugs, gamble etc. that doesn't mean that you have to do it. It all boils down to what you want to RP. My own character had multiple occasions in which he would've realistically ended up doing drugs, but I am not going to RP that. I am on GTAW in order to enjoy my free time and have a good time while portraying a realistic character. Researching how drugs work and RPing a junkie is not what having a good time is for me and I'd much rather stop playing than being forced to RP something I don't want to or be considered as having "concerning RP quality".

We have to draw a clear line between portraying a realistic character and having a good time OOCly. We're all here to RP but what's even more important is that we're all here to have a good time. The moment the good time stops, portraying a realistic character is useless. No one's here as a job, because they have to. But that's another discussion.

People have reasons for doing (or not doing) something. Not everyone is in the same boat. Just because it happens in real life, that doesn't mean that it has to happen in-game.

Edited by Entity

I find it a bit disingenuous that people are commenting on the lack of interest in buying drugs in the Club scene as a fault in portrayal as if having a squad of drug dealers walking around suspiciously and routinely spamming /w "Looking for a pick me up? I got the best snow" or whatever to every person in the club is realistic.

Yes, drugs are sold in clubs. They're taken in clubs. But you'll find that most people buy their drugs before they go anywhere, and that if they don't, you don't get someone coming at you like the Merchant in Resident Evil 4 and offering you drugs at random, unless you're in a very specific sort of environment/scene.

16 minutes ago, Entity said:

I personally can't see how that is concerning?

Even if your character would be inclined to drink, do drugs, gamble etc. that doesn't mean that you have to do it. It all boils down to what you want to RP. My own character had multiple occasions in which he would've realistically ended up doing drugs, but I am not going to RP that. I am on GTAW in order to enjoy my free time and have a good time while portraying a realistic character. Researching how drugs work and RPing a junkie is not what having a good time is for me and I'd much rather stop playing than being forced to RP something I don't want to or be considered as having "concerning RP quality".

We have to draw a clear line between portraying a realistic character and having a good time OOCly. We're all here to RP but what's even more important is that we're all here to have a good time. The moment the good time stops, portraying a realistic character is useless. No one's here as a job, because they have to. But that's another discussion.

People have reasons for doing (or not doing) something. Not everyone is in the same boat. Just because it happens in real life, that doesn't mean that it has to happen in-game.

Eh I wouldnt really say it's an issue or that it's concerning, I just think more people should rp drinking and doing drugs, even if they're just smoking some bud here and there.

Edited by Garras Up
7 hours ago, ThomasNoman said:

because there's nothing to do, lol. when there's no other business opened I go to clubs to get coffee cause my legal character is a perfect business man, no drugs, no alcohol, no cigars

bro just because you're a businessman doesn't mean you can't do drugs, so many businessmen/women do coke lol

7 hours ago, DLimit said:

How are bonds with people, thrown away, with a small one-month sentence for a minor possession charge? Do people randomly say "Oh, he went to prison, he's no longer our friend"?

Average "legal" person would be intelligent with how they consume their narcotics, as-well. They'd purchase a gram of cocaine, sniff a few lines in the washroom, and party throughout the night. They shouldn't be carrying half an ounce of cocaine in a club, or even half an ounce of marijuana. At most, four to five grams. The "stash" stays at home, and you'll hardly attract any negative attention as a legal RPer. Gang-bangers? Houses can get raided, easily, as their day-to-day activities are high-risk. A Legal RPer? Not as much.

facts, plus you're not gonna go to jail over a gram of coke 😂

7 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I'm a legal RP'er and got vaporized by police funded death lasers while J-walking.

Would love to see a gritty hellscape of a nightclub open somewhere down south that's nothing but hardcore drugs, sex appeal, goths/punks and never ending street fights, no idea why it's not been done yet. 

i went to a club like that, but there was only 1 person in that club that was taking MDMA and he was a stoner...

6 hours ago, ScottieP said:

That was the initial rule for the houses that were given by PM. If you end up in jail, you are done. I think it changed now but still they make a big thing out if it and PD is making it even bigger when they treat everyone like a terrorist.

are houses given out by PM? cause if they are that's a great idea. instead of having to grind for 20 hours to get a house that your character should have already IC it'd be great to contact PM for it

6 hours ago, Koko said:

Also, let's be real, a lot of the time there's one bartender for upwards of 12 people in the bar, and a lot of people don't want to wait 10 minutes standing at a bar when they could be interacting with the other active patrons.

Problem is that because clubs and bars can't use the /startshift for their bartenders, you can't afford to hire more bartenders. With the amount of planning and dependency on others when opening a club it boggles my mind why a café with a /createitem coffee would make more money in the end than a club which buys alcohol from other businesses (sometimes even from player owned breweries) hire guards, DJ's (Which pay for a radio slot as a donator) and bartenders.