Club Characters + Drugs & Alcohol

aldo

Just now, DLimit said:

How are bonds with people, thrown away, with a small one-month sentence for a minor possession charge? Do people randomly say "Oh, he went to prison, he's no longer our friend"?

I think it's the fear of loosing what you have. Cars, property and so on. I think its a problem of not knowing how it actually works and how you're being punished.

2 minutes ago, ChippySound said:

I think it's the fear of loosing what you have. Cars, property and so on. I think its a problem of not knowing how it actually works and how you're being punished.

People don't lose their vehicles or households for being placed in prison for a month, which is identical to a day (or less than a day if you R.P. in the prison). In fact, properties are only lost if one is inactive for a RL month.

Edited by DLimit
Just now, DLimit said:

People don't lose their vehicles or households for being placed in prison for a month, which is identical to a day (or less than a day if you R.P. in the prison). In fact, properties are only lost if one is inactive for a RL month.

Sure, I know that. I mean the problem is that there is a lack of knowledge on the server about it.

3 minutes ago, ChippySound said:

I wish people would have just roleplayed and not care about items on a game, but I get your point some people are too attached to their characters.

Just now, ChippySound said:

Sure, I know that. I mean the problem is that there is a lack of knowledge on the server about it.

I honestly believe that people perceive it as a "Black & White" issue. They believe that illegal RPers can only engage in crime while legal RPers can only engage in legal activities. Too many "straight-edge" legal RPers that are super-human without any flaws that lead towards SOME form of criminality, and then there's the illegal RPers that think that "working in a store is terrible for development because they're illegal". It's never black and white. One is primary and the other is secondary.

That's my observation after being on this server for a year and a half.

1 minute ago, DLimit said:

That was the initial rule for the houses that were given by PM. If you end up in jail, you are done. I think it changed now but still they make a big thing out if it and PD is making it even bigger when they treat everyone like a terrorist.

3 minutes ago, ScottieP said:

That was the initial rule for the houses that were given by PM. If you end up in jail, you are done. I think it changed now but still they make a big thing out if it and PD is making it even bigger when they treat everyone like a terrorist.

Ah, housing requests... that only applies to households that are accepted via housing requests.

EDIT: In the end, it shouldn't be about the assets. If a character gets caught in the act and they lose their house over a gram of marijuana? Then, let it develop... even appeal removal of the property in court. Make it some thing that leads to character development. I honestly doubt that people lose their entire homes over a petty possession charge, as long as payments are still being made, in the real world.

Edited by DLimit
2 minutes ago, ScottieP said:

Well, what I can say is the DA's office is working on the second part where this disregard minor most offences as far as im aware, what I would tell people to do is go through the court system.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola
2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

After working those constant shifts? You'd want to lighten up by getting plastered on a Friday or Saturday (or a day off). Only exception, really, would be government labourers such as Law enforcement and F.D.

Can't the act of going out and dancing be the stress management itself?

IRL we go out all to clubs all the time (or we did until things were locked down again), and we simply don't get drunk or do things like cocaine - these are really frowned on by our peer group. Even ecstasy is starting to become out of fashion because we were educated about it really early and there were high profile overdose stories that we all now remember. I will qualify that by saying I'd never go to somewhere really hard-core, so maybe there's still a sub-culture where things like cocaine still get used?

I'm not sure about the state of drug RP, but statistics world-wide are proving that each generation is moving away from drugs and alcohol. Even the age at which people are first engaging is sexual activity is increasing year on year.

If you want realism in the game, then this statistically has to also play out. It might be inconvenient for people wanting to RP selling drugs, but it's just what's happening. I RP buying water so that the poor bartender can get a tip, but it's a valid IC choice for quite a few reasons for me to stay away from substances. I'm sure plenty of other people also have valid RP reasons not to use drugs.

I mean, don't a lot of companies now drug test their employees?

5 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Ah, housing requests... that only applies to households that are accepted via housing requests.

EDIT: In the end, it shouldn't be about the assets. If a character gets caught in the act and they lose their house over a gram of marijuana? Then, let it develop... even appeal removal of the property in court. Make it some thing that leads to character development. I honestly doubt that people lose their entire homes over a petty possession charge, as long as payments are still being made, in the real world.

Exactly, in the real world. However, on the server it's different story even if you are active from time to time your property gets taken which made a bunch of good people leave the server but that's not what has to be discussed here. Also, maybe you don't care if you loose your house over 1g of weed but most of the people do because they put a lot of effort into that very house.