Club Characters + Drugs & Alcohol

aldo

Problem is that if you roleplay a legal character, the risks of getting caught with drugs on you are too big. You create bonds with people, friendships, stories that goes a bit deeper and to then throw it all away just to get a quick ride to prison where then you don't have anyone to RP with since there is almost never anyone in prison doing any type of roleplay.

But with that said..
On my older DJ character I roleplayed taking ecstasy for almost every opening I did a gig for as well as had a shit ton of weed at my house for afterparties and such. Why I never got caught is that I opt out of very obvious /me's and instead opted in with some mannerism changes based on the drug I was taking. Those who knew the character would pick up on it and it would be roleplayed.

Also, if you can't DJ or don't even want to try and DJ live, don't do a DJ character. Easy.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

Been tryna work on a club closer to the south that would not be as high maintenance as clubs in Vinewood with less security and scrutiny but uh, getting the property will be next to impossible, we'll try doe. 

We need club owners that actually RP their club more than just an asset to farm government grants. The heart is shown in the interiors but then it slowly stops making sense. Opening up every day, OVER other clubs, opening without DJ's etc. It's just meh.

I tried to do something different and I invited IC DJ's who also DJ irl to make a mix and RP it out in the club. I even made a small commercial that would RPly be played on TV's and video ads.

• Upvote 2
Just now, ChippySound said:

We need club owners that actually RP their club more than just an asset to farm government grants. The heart is shown in the interiors but then it slowly stops making sense. Opening up every day, OVER other clubs, opening without DJ's etc. It's just meh.

I tried to do something different and I invited IC DJ's who also DJ irl to make a mix and RP it out in the club. I even made a small commercial that would RPly be played on TV's and video ads.

Facts, most people are into clubs for the cash or any business for that matter which lessens the overall authenticity and people just go with it and walk in and sit or stand around, not getting high or buying drinks.

Any one that claims "I'm a legal character. Thus, I don't do drugs" should realize that any form of abuse, whether it's driven by narcotics, alcohol, or gambling, are caused by stress within the workplace. After working those constant shifts? You'd want to lighten up by getting plastered on a Friday or Saturday (or a day off). Only exception, really, would be government labourers such as Law enforcement and F.D.

Trucker? Get plastered. Barista? Get plastered. Bartender? Get even more plastered.

16 minutes ago, ChippySound said:

Problem is that if you roleplay a legal character, the risks of getting caught with drugs on you are too big. You create bonds with people, friendships, stories that goes a bit deeper and to then throw it all away just to get a quick ride to prison where then you don't have anyone to RP with since there is almost never anyone in prison doing any type of roleplay.

But with that said..
On my older DJ character I roleplayed taking ecstasy for almost every opening I did a gig for as well as had a shit ton of weed at my house for afterparties and such. Why I never got caught is that I opt out of very obvious /me's and instead opted in with some mannerism changes based on the drug I was taking. Those who knew the character would pick up on it and it would be roleplayed.

Also, if you can't DJ or don't even want to try and DJ live, don't do a DJ character. Easy.

How are bonds with people, thrown away, with a small one-month sentence for a minor possession charge? Do people randomly say "Oh, he went to prison, he's no longer our friend"?

Average "legal" person would be intelligent with how they consume their narcotics, as-well. They'd purchase a gram of cocaine, sniff a few lines in the washroom, and party throughout the night. They shouldn't be carrying half an ounce of cocaine in a club, or even half an ounce of marijuana. At most, four to five grams. The "stash" stays at home, and you'll hardly attract any negative attention as a legal RPer. Gang-bangers? Houses can get raided, easily, as their day-to-day activities are high-risk. A Legal RPer? Not as much.

Edited by DLimit
4 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Any one that claims "I'm a legal character. Thus, I don't do drugs" should realize that any form of abuse, whether it's driven by narcotics, alcohol, or gambling, are caused by stress within the workplace. After working those constant shifts? You'd want to lighten up by getting plastered on a Friday or Saturday (or a day off). Only exception, really, would be government labourers such as Law enforcement and F.D.

Trucker? Get plastered. Barista? Get plastered. Bartender? Get even more plastered.

Yeah, this is really concerning RP quality, but no one can force someone to RP drugs, it's up to them.