Extreme lagspikes

stijn

I encounter extreme lagspikes while playing Rage MP while my settings are the lowest they can be:

I get like 80-90 FPS and then it just spikes down to 40-20 sometimes even 7 and then it goes up back to 90 and I literally cannot find out why. 

BpxQXaO.png

These are my PC specs: 

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)

RAM
16 GB
  • Upvote 1

Well you PC specs are not really great for a game like GTA5.

You can try a few things:

lower the version of directX.

Try using the game in fullscreenmode

install the game and ragemp on a SSD or NVME, gta 5 on a HDD causes those fps drops for some people.

19 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

Ram has nothing to do with video memory? 

I had same issue as you where i was lowest setting but i only had 8gb of ram so I chucked another 16gb in and I have never had an issue i play ultra settings with over 100fps without issue 

Note: Also split your RAM across all the points it slides in on motherboard dont know much about computers but know it works for some reason

Edited by JackD248

As far as I know, it has little (to nothing) to do with your specs. Of course, 'put another $5,000 into your computer' is advice that's generally true. Most new-ish computers are able to handle GTA 5 now though.

I've had my game run flawlessly, not even a frame drop, on ultra settings and I've had the game be unplayable, 5 fps on lowest settings - literally the same PC. I have no idea how to fix it but sometimes it just works. New Windows version + new install + new drivers is what I usually do. 

• Kaz locked this topic