Making the headshot rule official

Westen

39 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Issue I see here is. Everyone shoots like they are hitman 47, always going for headshots, pop pop you dead, bye.

Center mass and the head are the zones to be aiming for in any situation. Formal firearm training, from the military or police supports this. If you intend to use a firearm what would be the point of using it to not inflict a lethal wound? 

One recommendation I would have; Remove the crosshair.... 

Edited by zUgg zUgg
1 hour ago, zUgg zUgg said:

Center mass and the head are the zones to be aiming for in any situation. Formal firearm training, from the military or police supports this. If you intend to use a firearm what would be the point of using it to not inflict a lethal wound? 

Well simply because inflicting lethal wound is murder no matter how you look at it.

1 hour ago, zUgg zUgg said:

And how would that keep me from getting headshots? Removing the crosshair does literally nothing. 

9 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

And how would that keep me from getting headshots? Removing the crosshair does literally nothing. 

The point isn't to prevent you from landing headshots; nor is this topic discussing that at all? My suggestion would presumably increase the difficulty to land a headshot while also increasing the realism.

3 minutes ago, zUgg zUgg said:

My suggestion would presumably increase the difficulty to land a headshot while also increasing the realism.

It just seems impractical and redundant. The reason people go for headshots is because of the way combat works in the game. Sure, for the sake of roleplay I could hypothetically only go for the chest. But it would put me at a significant disadvantage. So in other terms if my enemies are using stones why would I bring a stick? Removing the crosshair would just result in people using alternative ways to have a crosshair of which there are endless possibilities. It would merely further the gap, and if all of my enemies are using crosshairs so am I which would defeat the point of removing them in the first place.

16 hours ago, zUgg zUgg said:

People will just stick a piece of tape on their monitor or use the crosshair feature of their monitors, that almost all monitors have. The correct way to make shooting different is to implement a proper recoil script for weapons.

1 hour ago, Rozi said:

The correct way to make shooting different is to implement a proper recoil script for weapons.

Recoil would be nice. What about a system where headshots don’t work for small/handheld firearms with the exception of closer range (40-50yd or less) engagements, a system that disabled headshots all together or disabling headshots unless you are in a downed state?

Resident devil's advocate here.

Being shot in the head will rarely kill someone instantly - sorry, but that's a Hollywood myth. There are so many other factors that go into it.

There's really only a small triangle formed by your eyes and the bottom of your nose where, when shot dead on from the front, you will be incapacitated instantaneously by conventional small arms fire. Sure, a shot to the head has a greater chance of killing you, but this is adequately represented by the increased damage.

When you start taking about anti personnel rounds and whatnot, one shot headshots killing someone starts to look more likely, but I'm staunchly against any rule that would standardize this so simply.