Making the headshot rule official

Westen

As a member of LSFD, I bump into people on daily basis who are shot in the head and simply wish to RP surviving, however, on the other hand we have the Legal FM who have issued a rule for FD that we cannot revive people if they've taken 45 damage to the head and that they should RP dead. As mentioned by @Jess WIlliamssomewhere above, this causes a lot of hate between the faction and the civilians because nobody wants to die.

IMO, there should be a specific rule written that is seen by the entire community, and not just a post in LSFD's private forums that only tells the Firefighters to not revive people with specific injury.

While I agree that people easily get shot in the head, I disagree with having a rule only written for FD.

There needs to be an actual rule in place that will have specific information provided, just like all the other rules we have in this community.

The administrators can reach a middle ground as to what the rule will say, and that way there will be no people who will be like "I will report for revival instead, bye". And this will help the administrators to make uniform decisions in regards to this, because one day you have an admin that revives a person with 2-3 headshot wounds, the other day a different admin refuses to revive one with a single headshot wound.

6 hours ago, Towbie said:

Everyone vouching for one tap headshots =/= death is about to regret it if it passes.

I can't wait to see all the complaints pop up when they started getting dropped by 9mm at 150m+ for getting one tapped.

This isn’t a light standards rp server though.. you need a real reason to get in gunfights here and if people abuse it, they get banned. It’s about realism, why come to a server with high rp standards, then expect low quality roleplay when it comes to damages? Makes no sense. It’s supposed to be realistic. 

37 minutes ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

This isn’t a light standards rp server though.. you need a real reason to get in gunfights here and if people abuse it, they get banned. It’s about realism, why come to a server with high rp standards, then expect low quality roleplay when it comes to damages? Makes no sense. It’s supposed to be realistic. 

I'm not against the ruling as I don't do illegal roleplay, but just you wait. The complaints are going to storm in.

And eh, to be fair in general the illegal roleplay reaches a bar so low at times it's laughable. 

Edited by Towbie
On 1/9/2021 at 12:04 PM, Wirbelwind said:

Having any headshot and being in downed state should be a death. 1 or 100 damage, doesn't matter.

To clarify: If you get shot in the face but you're not locked in the wounded state, you're fine to roleplay it as a graze or perhaps a ricochet clipping your ear or whatever you'd like. As long as you're still walking. But if you go down, even if it's a single headshot and no other damages, you're dead.

This.

I would honestly like to have headshots be an instakill instead of having some strange rule that if you have damage over 50 you have to roleplay dying. Now, there are two ways this can go in my way.

The first argument against an instakill headshot is that they are way to easy to hit. Something that could fix this? Proper weapon recoil.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/weapon-recoil

This is something I just quickly googled and it seems like it could work. I'm not sure if it works with ragemp or if a recoil script can be made the GTAW Developers, but this would definitely fix the problem with headshots being to easy to hit.

Another option for this would be:

You get headshot once and later in the gunfight you get downed. Because you had headshot damages, you are now unable to be revived and can only accept death.

Would still love to have actual weapon recoil, if it's possible of course.

On 1/9/2021 at 5:15 PM, eTaylor said:

Wouldn’t it be easier to script it so that any headshot or any headshot above x damage results in instant death, skipping the wounded state and simultaneously settling a lot of discussions that would have otherwise happened?

Not until Sync is fixed for guns. Reason being that I had an incident where I saw a guy pulled a gun on me, he blasted me like 6 shots but I saw like 1~2 shots before I actually was dead, meaning as long as there's severe Sync issues such as this, I'd rather have it not set like that. Once RageMP fixes their sync, sure I won't object.

21 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Not until Sync is fixed for guns. Reason being that I had an incident where I saw a guy pulled a gun on me, he blasted me like 6 shots but I saw like 1~2 shots before I actually was dead, meaning as long as there's severe Sync issues such as this, I'd rather have it not set like that. Once RageMP fixes their sync, sure I won't object.

Does it matter though? I personally don’t care either way, it depends on whether they want to keep the gamification on shootings or keep them realistic. Most two shootings don’t last that long at all. The game is kinda made for fast paced shooting so if you keep it gamified it’s not very forgiving either.

9 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Does it matter though? I personally don’t care either way, it depends on whether they want to keep the gamification on shootings or keep them realistic. Most two shootings don’t last that long at all. The game is kinda made for fast paced shooting so if you keep it gamified it’s not very forgiving either.

I am only saying, sync should be considered along with realism. Not saying do not make it a thing, just take into account sync too.