Making the headshot rule official

Westen

2 hours ago, Nervous said:

I agree it needs to be clearer. 

Wouldn’t it be easier to script it so that any headshot or any headshot above x damage results in instant death, skipping the wounded state and simultaneously settling a lot of discussions that would have otherwise happened?

• Upvote 1

As a member of FD, I can confirm that this has caused issues on many different scenes throughout my time here over a few months and is something constantly asked about in faction chat. We're of course not allowed to force anyone to PK, but we're supposed to inform them of the realism that having a headshot over 45+ damage isn't all that realistic. I brought up this issue with people a couple months ago and I really think the server would benefit from a clear and concise rule on this so we don't have to forever be telling our faction about a rule that barely exists anywhere in documents. It's also not ideal to have legal factions the ones who have to tell people that they should be PKing due to their injuries, I've seen many people get frustrated at us due to this, and even other legal factions at times when we point out the realism, it would be far better to point them to a rule set by staff than trying to explain to them a flimsy rule set by LFM (no hate towards LFM) that no one besides us can really look at.

i think it should be a kill and headshots should do 100 damage, it's not a DM server so why should headshots be a 2 hit kill? it's realistic to die when you get shot in the forehead and it's completely impossible for it to be a graze at point blank

Just now, aldo said:

i think it should be a kill and headshots should do 100 damage, it's not a DM server so why should headshots be a 2 hit kill? it's realistic to die when you get shot in the forehead and it's completely impossible for it to be a graze at point blank

I think it was alluded to in an earlier post but I think a bit of leeway with headshots is fine. In GTA V it is very easy to land headshots, meaning, especially with how prevalent automatics are, that you're dead in under a second.

4 minutes ago, aldo said:

Pretty much what Westen said. It's way too easy to pull off headshots. There's already enough problems with people taking advantage of sync to get 6 headshots before the other party even sees a gun being pulled.

Couldn't agree anymore, I can't comprehend how it's possible for myself to shoot someone at point blank in the head, two times in the chest, and for them to still somehow roleplay living. You would lose an enormous amount of blood from that many shots and be instantly killed if we're being honest. Headshots should be an instant kill over 45 damage. 

42 minutes ago, Westen said:

I think it was alluded to in an earlier post but I think a bit of leeway with headshots is fine. In GTA V it is very easy to land headshots, meaning, especially with how prevalent automatics are, that you're dead in under a second.

I agree with you but if you got shot by automatic fire you're pretty much dead in under a second realistically anyway. But I do agree that headshots are really easy to hit and shouldn't be 1-shot KO's damage wise, should just rp as such 

• Upvote 1