Making the headshot rule official

Westen

Hello.

As you may be aware, if you take a headshot that's above 55, 50, or 45 (numbers vary based on who you talk to), you're forced to RP death even though it's a headshot.

This rule isn't written anywhere.

As referenced in this report:

The FD rules are 45 for a headshot. I have been told by other admins 50. Other admins have also allowed revival of people who have have headshots to RP survival.

This is very inconsistent.

Basically, write it down in the rules that if you have a headshot above X damage, you must RP death. This then prevents these inconsistencies and frustrations.

Thanks.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 2

Having any headshot and being in downed state should be a death. 1 or 100 damage, doesn't matter.

To clarify: If you get shot in the face but you're not locked in the wounded state, you're fine to roleplay it as a graze or perhaps a ricochet clipping your ear or whatever you'd like. As long as you're still walking. But if you go down, even if it's a single headshot and no other damages, you're dead.

Edited by Wirbelwind
  • Upvote 8
  • Applaud 1

I completely support this, in addition to that I can tell that headshots with some certain guns can mean instant death regardless of damage on whether it's 1 or 100, a clear example of that is getting headshotted with an AR(Such as AK for example) or a Shotgun. 

Edited by Charmz

Yes! There has been a profusion of misconceptions regarding this. I do agree that it direly needs emphasis. Not only is it just the aforementioned report that just highlights this issue but there have been much more that I had faced throughout my tenure & roleplaying as EMS; it led to arguments, bickering, and a waste of a good chunk of everyone's time involved in such.

If someone survives with a headshot in their damages, it'd be better to be roleplayed as grazing the skull, or something to the lines of that. The skull's surprisingly tough, anyways. 

It doesn't make sense for someone who can walk and do whatever to be roleplaying dead cause they so happened to be shot in the head. 

Simply don't roleplay being dead unless you're actually in a downed state as Wirbel's mentioned. And if this goes against any FD material, I believe it needs to be revised depending on and according to the conclusion to be based off of this thread, I reckon.

• Upvote 2

I've seen people getting shot to the head with a Compact Rifle and not go into injured state... Or anything similar to that.

FD rules are enforced by LFM but it's not written anywhere for the public, defo needs some clarification and needs to be stated in the rules.

What I was taught over two years ago is that having a headshot while being downed means that the player needs to RP death. The reason for this is that there was a ton of situations where players would try to RP surviving to either get revenge themselves or tell someone that could. Then we'd end up getting a report about revenge killing or metagaming because the party that shot them originally got killed thinking the person they shot was dead.

This is something that admins enforced since then but due to the team expanding exponentially and timezone differences, not everyone was aware of the rule. 

We never took the headshot damage into consideration because headshot damage is lowered for balance purposes. A bullet to the head is a bullet to the head. It's just way too easy to hit someone in the head in GTA V so when we implemented the damage system, all guns but sniper rifles require at least two headshots to down someone. Automatic weapons require more headshots because of how easy it is to put 5 to 10 rounds into someone's head in one burst. In real life, this would be near impossible to do when you consider the pressure of firing at a human target that's most likely moving and potentially shooting back at you.

TL;DR the rule has usually been headshot + downed = death. It just needs to be made consistent.

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, Keane said:

What I was taught over two years ago is that having a headshot while being downed means that the player needs to RP death. The reason for this is that there was a ton of situations where players would try to RP surviving to either get revenge themselves or tell someone that could. Then we'd end up getting a report about revenge killing or metagaming because the party that shot them originally got killed thinking the person they shot was dead.

This is something that admins enforced since then but due to the team expanding exponentially and timezone differences, not everyone was aware of the rule. 

We never took the headshot damage into consideration because headshot damage is lowered for balance purposes. A bullet to the head is a bullet to the head. It's just way too easy to hit someone in the head in GTA V so when we implemented the damage system, all guns but sniper rifles require at least two headshots to down someone. Automatic weapons require more headshots because of how easy it is to put 5 to 10 rounds into someone's head in one burst. In real life, this would be near impossible to do when you consider the pressure of firing at a human target that's most likely moving and potentially shooting back at you.

TL;DR the rule has usually been headshot + downed = death. It just needs to be made consistent.

Would this be a forced CK or a PK though?