Ban overly sexualized roleplay lines in public places.

Shaderz

Ban overly sexualized roleplay lines in public places.  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If people can't handle this what about all the post on Facebrowser or whats happening in the single player? If you don't like the rp just walk away or something. If some jiggling butt offend you but having kids standing on the corner selling drugs and getting shoot at doesn't, hypotetically IRL what would people react to first and try to stop?

No support from me.

ay bruh wtf, i promise you, if i was on my char Jimbo Ghazi and I did 

** Jimbo Ghazi's buttcheeks moves up and down seperately with every step because he is very thicc.

nobody would have a problem because he's a male.

also, if you don't get it, Jimbo is 450lbs heavy

Edited by cracked
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Pretty sure it's already a rule that any sexual rp is kept to private places.

I think the example you gave is a pretty poor one.  The human body makes weird noises and jiggles around.  There's really nothing sexual about it unless you want to reach for an assumption.  Which is fine to do, but I think in this case it's sort of redundant.

Just report them if you feel like it might be too sexualized.

2 minutes ago, Kojo said:

Pretty sure it's already a rule that any sexual rp is kept to private places.

I think the example you gave is a pretty poor one.  The human body makes weird noises and jiggles around.  There's really nothing sexual about it unless you want to reach for an assumption.  Which is fine to do, but I think in this case it's sort of redundant.

Just report them if you feel like it might be too sexualized.

im pretty sure whoever wrote the line about his butt jiggling meant it in a sexual way, hombre

From my understanding, what you're essentially is suggesting is adding more subrules to rule 19 regarding Sexual Roleplay to make it clear that sexualized emotes should not be tolerated.

I think we should, as a community, try to cater to making everyone feel welcome and included. I think the setting very much dictates what kinds of emotes are appropriate. Nightclubs, stripclubs and similar settings are more likely to contain sexual innuendos and flirting, which is where such emotes might be appropriate (within reason). Whereas in small cafés and lounges, it would probably be more subtle and thus sexualized emotes would be less welcome there.

I think a "common sense" addition to the Sexual Roleplay rule about sexualized emotes which explains when such emotes can be appropriate and when it's not could make sense.

I personally don't have a problem with how people portray their sexuality and how hard they're fishing for erp IG, but can understand that people probably want it isolated to places where it makes sense and thus have a greater chance of not accidentally being forced to participate in it. You might portray a bombshell, but let your description show that while not using overly sexualized language instead of reminding everyone every few minutes.

I am somewhat disappointed with how much some people are against erp on this server. In the end, it is just another way people choose to roleplay, and some may do it as a mix between a portrayal ICly of their character and their OOC desires, but it is just another way for people to

express themselves through their characters. I think people should be able to not be engaged in this type of roleplay unless they themselves show a willingness to it, and sometimes I think erpers need to start out more subtle to find out whether the other party is actually interested in such roleplay. A brief PM conversation goes a long way to make sure everyone is on the same page, and makes it easier for us all to have a good time.

quick edit: not saying that you should PM a person about whether they want to ERP with you randomly, but if you have roleplayed intimacy for quite some time, it might be time to check out whether the other player is allowed, wants to and make sure everyone is comfortable so that you can lead the roleplay in a good direction from there.

Edited by Protheus
wanted to clarify something
8 minutes ago, Misuu said:

im pretty sure whoever wrote the line about his butt jiggling meant it in a sexual way, hombre

Totally could have, yeah.  I still think that example is a very poor one, and would go as far as to say I don't think rules, or punishments, should be made off of assumptions alone.

Had they been emoting a sexual act, I'd be more inclined to agree.

Still doesn't change my stance that it's still already a part of a rule set.

• Upvote 1

I don't really see what's wrong with the /me you showed in your first post. At first when I went on this thread I thought you experienced someone ERP'ing in public which I haven't experienced a single time with my 2600h spent on this server. It's already forbidden to ERP in public and with what you posted I don't really see the problem with it.

1 minute ago, Chipsdose said:

I don't really see what's wrong with the /me you showed in your first post. At first when I went on this thread I thought you experienced someone ERP'ing in public which I haven't experienced a single time with my 2600h spent on this server. It's already forbidden to ERP in public and with what you posted I don't really see the problem with it.

It's physical appearance, if this gets "banned" we should totally ban males flexing their biceps and muscles with /me's too, lmao

1 hour ago, joshua said:

it’s already not allowed given you could potentially be exposing underage players to sexualised roleplay. report it when you see it and it’ll be dealt with, i’ve done it before so i can assure that

Overly sexualized emotes or such behavior in public is already not allowed, a rule already exists. If you report something, the player will be dealt with accordingly. If you think something's bad, report it - the handling admin will see review the whole ordeal and come to a conclusion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Bombie locked this topic