Ban overly sexualized roleplay lines in public places.

Shaderz

Ban overly sexualized roleplay lines in public places.  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sexual related roleplay is a controversial topic and it will always be. It's already heavily restricted, as it should, but I believe there are certain blank areas that need to be looked into more specifically. I'm sure there have been many times we have come across players who, for whatever reason, decided that sending oversexualized emotes in the chat somehow is needed and contributes positively to their respective roleplay environment, which I highly doubt is the case at all. Therefore, what I'm suggesting is that roleplay lines which include graphic, detailed descriptions of a character's assets in a way that sexualizes them should be banned from public spots, similar to how ERP currently is. Players who roleplay a character under the age of 18 shouldn't also be allowed to do this as well, public or privately. An example of what shouldn't be allowed is as follows:

Spoiler

AqKb0pW.jpg

This suggestion follows the same line of thought to reduce sexualization within the community and restrict predatory behavior. At the moment, there is nothing in the rules that cover this recurrent issue which makes it possible for underage players to come across them. This is definitely not healthy for the community and I think it should be made clear in the rules, and punished severely if broken.

Keep it civil and please make sure not to expose or bash anyone if you have got any screenshots of sexualized roleplay lines from them.

Edited by Shaderz
  • Shaderz changed the title to Ban overly sexualized roleplay lines in public places.

Everybody has their own limits on what they do/do not consider overly sexual, and this needs to be respected (as best we can) without taking away from the heavy roleplay environment. You need to ask yourself what a /me like this adds to your scene, is it necessary at all? In private with a group of closer people I can see this being totally fine, but walking through the streets, in a (non-stripclub or similar) venue full of random players, etc. is another story.

I'm on the fence even if my argument seems to lean more towards being in favor of the rule. With anything that is subjective comes a lot of issues when trying to enforce a rule like this.

Edited by Dawn
1 minute ago, Yoak said:

I don't see no reason to even roleplay this within the vicinity of anywhere public, keep that shit to your interiors. Fully support!

I don't see the need to roleplay e-sex at all to be truthful other than a simple "/me has sex with [insert name]."

This server is plagued with a tonne of freakazoids who RP sex way too much to the point that I think it's fuelling some weird freaky OOC desires and it's a little cringe and disgusting, but I understand there's probably a lot of horny little teenagers who are obsessed with that shit.

• Upvote 2

So what if my butt swans as I'm walking? Let's ban ERP all together then so no one can do it lmao. I don't see why can this bother you at all. It's physical appearance, and it's not used in predatory ways, imo, at least I'm not using it for that. Maybe it bothers me when someone is flexing their biceps, should I make a suggestion we ban that kind of Roleplay from the server? No.

It's really not that deep. As long as you're not being graphic like talking about the tightness of their coochie or of body parts that otherwise would not be visibly seen. does it really matter? Just ignore it and move on with your day. Things like this have never bothered me because I don't pay any attention to them,..

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Late said:

It's really not that deep. As long as you're not being graphic like talking about the tightness of their coochie or of body parts that otherwise would not be visibly seen. does it really matter? Just ignore it and move on with your day. Things like this have never bothered me because I don't pay any attention to them,..

Also, this.

The point I tried to make earlier is that it's too much of a micro management for staff to do it. You feel wronged, you're getting bothered, you think the rules are broken? Player reports section. 

• Bombie locked this topic