What is LSPD's budget?

Legate

6 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Then here's the question, does PD spends the money only on gas for overpowered things they have (helicopters, planes, armored trucks, and whatnot), and if yes, why only gas (not including paychecks for members)? Is there anything that can be made that requires spending more money for using OP things like that? Because, spending $800 for gas to turn the helicopter on and fly around is NOTHING compared to the amount of money PD/SD have in their faction banks. If not, what are the expenses for using those OP things, and how big they are? What is monthly amount faction as PD/SD gets in their faction bank from the State? Will come up with more questions later probably.

Most of the money we get go to player paychecks.

4 minutes ago, Humour said:

Literally all these questions have at least been answered once by different members of the LSPD command team and server administration.

And this is the discussion about PD's budget so I don't understand why I can't ask those question if I don't know the answers to those questions.

Just now, Jester. said:

Most of the money we get go to player paychecks.

That part I understand (20k a week for 200 members = 4 millions a week), goes the same for every legal faction, but there are many more questions I asked there. 

3 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

And this is the discussion about PD's budget so I don't understand why I can't ask those question if I don't know the answers to those questions.

That part I understand (20k a week for 200 members = 4 millions a week), goes the same for every legal faction, but there are many more questions I asked there. 

I never said you couldn't ask any questions, just don't go asking the same question again, and again, and again, if it's already been answered.

Edited by Humour
8 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Then here's the question, does PD spends the money only on gas for overpowered things they have (helicopters, planes, armored trucks, and whatnot), and if yes, why only gas (not including paychecks for members)? Is there anything that can be made that requires spending more money for using OP things like that? Because, spending $800 for gas to turn the helicopter on and fly around is NOTHING compared to the amount of money PD/SD have in their faction banks. If not, what are the expenses for using those OP things, and how big they are? What is monthly amount faction as PD/SD gets in their faction bank from the State? Will come up with more questions later probably.

There is no extra pay for using any vehicles in the fleet, other than the original price, mods, gas and maintenance.

We don't get a monthly amount but we get a budget every quarter. First this was directly issued from the government from a budget request, now it went through city council and now I don't know since government is being reformed. I am not entirely sure what the amount is that the LSPD receives but the LSSD has gotten a similar amount that was recently requested, with an increase for vehicles and personnel increasement. 

Just now, Tseard said:

and now I don't know since government is being reformed. 

It will go through the State Senate when the faction is done with being reformed. Thanks for the answer. Will wait for other people to answer the questions that are still unanswered. 

58 minutes ago, Captain said:

I don't really give a fuck about the helicopters myself, I'm just trying to get some answers on why it always feels like no matter who you are or what you've done you're treated like Sadam Hussein coming out of his bunker. So I opened up with the budget question because maybe a God like LSPD budget would give good ic justification to the usage of all these wicked gadgets and etc for things that don't really require it.

I think this is the most concerning point of this discussion and while @Jester. explained why the LSPD is approaching people in the above explained way I still don't understand how the same approach can be used to any civilian in Los Santos. 1 year ago I was still new to the server. I was driving a Blista Compact that I had at the time which isn't really a car that can be said to be aggressive so anyways I lost control while turning and suddenly there was a PD cruiser behind me that pulled me over and obviously I followed the instructions, I had nothing on me nor did I had any intentions of doing anything stupid however, a helicopter showed up along with 5 units consisting of 8-10 officers at least for a situation where nothing much really happened and I was so mad because I really was treated like "Sadam Hussein coming out of his bunker" when there was no reason for it really.

Also the author asked how the officers are able to bring up so many of the big toys like carbine rifles that normally cost like $80.000 or more illegally said, probably half, like $40.000 or more within the LSPD which is well above a monthly salary of an officer. (The prices are just assumptions I don't really know if the prices are true just trying to give an example)

When it comes to legal factions everything related to funds is handled IC. 

Budget requests are being submitted by factions to the government each quarter with their request for the upcoming quarter. 

Like Kean posted, it's also being debated IC and can be lowered and raised based on the faction needs from an IC standpoint.

90 percent of the budget, if not more, goes for paychecks. All legal gov factions combined got hundreds of players in them combined. The big difference between legal factions to the rest of the community is that those factions are being paid by their faction from their own faction bank with money provided by the government and not by the server like the rest of the community.

The rest of the budget is being divided between the rest of the faction expenses such as fleet expenses, maintenance,  payments for properties and interiors, events and more stuff that can benefit the progression of the faction. 

The complaint about factions getting "op" stuff is invalid in my opinion. If you would of read carefully, you would of noticed that the recent mods that been added were added to replace old mods, most buggy and unfitting to the community. Oggy and the modding team worked hard for a long time to revise those and make them better, not only for said factions but to the server as a whole, the same they do for the community as a whole. 

There are some good answers that address @Captain's question, within this thread, including @Sharvit's response above. To summarise it's about 90 million a quarter (this varies and some quarters it has been a lot more or less). While that seems like a big amount it isn't really when you take into account the paycheck system and the number of people within the faction. PD & SD have both got the budgets slightly wrong on occasion which has led to them falling short of money.

The reason you haven't seen the PD's budget on the forums yet, like SD's is that the one they have submitted hasn't yet been made public for voting, and they haven't submitted a budget since the new political system came into place, previously it was approved by the mayor (Rockford) directly.

This thread has derailed a little bit away from the original question, if you have questions about how the PD deploys or attends scenes I suggest you use this thread: 

Other quotes which answer the question: 

1 hour ago, liq said:

90 to 100 million quarterly. Now that's just the close gap server economy spent on paychecks for all 200 something members and spare cash for acquiring vehicles and any interiors they need to make or modify. It's up to the faction itself to be realistic surrounding assets and expenses that realitically go into equipment and overall maintenance. 

1 hour ago, Selena said:

Put it this way, the money doesn't go towards big toys all the time, it goes towards paying members too and that fact has nearly if not 200+ members in it. So put aside big toys, thats 30k-50k per Police Officer I, II, III, III+I.

1 hour ago, Jester. said:

Most of our budget is focused on simply paying our employees and requesting things for the faction such as vehicles to accommodate to our constant growing faction. We operate based off certain lists and scales that LFM provides to us, such as a vehicle procurement list. Our current quarterly budget does not exceed 100 mil, if I'm correct. If we based our budget off the current LAPD scale and asked for as much as they do, I'm sure LFM would kill us with Nervous' wrath.

• Thanks 1