What is LSPD's budget?

Legate

Just now, Tseard said:

To answer your question. The budget is based on the expenses on the server. Vehicle costs, paychecks, furniture, the like. It's not based off something IRL but it's based on the actual in-game economy and people. 

If it's not based off of IRL why is everyone saying LAPD has XYZ?

11 minutes ago, Captain said:

Missed this @ first. 
@liq @Jester. @Keane
So when you guys roleplay this stuff do you take into account the actual scale of the server? Because 1.2 billion to protect 3.99 million people in LA is not 1:1 with 2790162760123671802176207 billion to protect 600 players online. 

Most of our budget is focused on simply paying our employees and requesting things for the faction such as vehicles to accommodate to our constant growing faction. We operate based off certain lists and scales that LFM provides to us, such as a vehicle procurement list. Our current quarterly budget does not exceed 100 mil, if I'm correct. If we based our budget off the current LAPD scale and asked for as much as they do, I'm sure LFM would kill us with Nervous' wrath.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Selena said:

Put it this way, the money doesn't go towards big toys all the time, it goes towards paying members too and that fact has nearly if not 200+ members in it. So put aside big toys, thats 30k-50k per Police Officer I, II, III, III+I.

Not all of 200+ members are online. There are inactive people. And PD/SD paychecks aren't like JSA (we get paycheck no matter if we log in game or not, because it's, in 90% of the cases, forum Roleplay). That's still not the point, people don't ask for excuses, they ask for explanations and solutions.

why do people say extremely unrealistic representations of the crime rate in LA that happen in LS is just an IC issue that the gov should handle but when cops roll deep af with the blicky and the blicky stopper to protect themselves in an environment that has more gunfights than a western movie usually, topics like these get made? i dont understand that

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Jester. said:

Most of our budget is focused on simply paying our employees and requesting things for the faction such as vehicles to accommodate to our constant growing faction. We operate based off certain lists and scales that LFM provides to us, such as a vehicle procurement list. Our current quarterly budget does not exceed 100 mil, if I'm correct. If we based our budget off the current LAPD scale and asked for as much as they do, I'm sure LFM would kill us with Nervous' wrath.

And was PD ever in a situation when they ran out of money in their budget? No. Too much money.

1 minute ago, .Pluto. said:

Not all of 200+ members are online. There are inactive people. And PD/SD paychecks aren't like JSA (we get paycheck no matter if we log in game or not, because it's, in 90% of the cases, forum Roleplay). That's still not the point, people don't ask for excuses, they ask for explanations and solutions.

How is her telling you where the money goes not count as an explanation, that one is lost on me. Of course JSA paychecks aren't like PD/SD/FD paychecks. They gotta be in game more. 

Just now, .Pluto. said:

And was PD ever in a situation when they ran out of money in their budget? No. Too much money.

Ah. I see you haven't been here long. Both the PD and the SD have ran out of money in the faction bank before and the respective faction leaders have had to cover for it. People don't pull the numbers out of their ass bro, it's based on actual speadsheet statistics. Both departments have fiscal operation sections for a reason.