What is LSPD's budget?

Legate

4 minutes ago, slick! said:

I had a woman come to my restaurant and say some racist remarks in character, I had her beat and then ran out of the store. What happens? She calls the police, the police come, helicopter, three to four squad cars, all for an assault call.

It's funny that you think three to four cars is anything special. 

5 minutes ago, slick! said:

I understand that riding around in a helicopter is fun PD and SD friends, but there's a fine line when it comes to realism.

It is realistic.

6 minutes ago, cracked said:

The one thing I do not like is the excessive usage of the helicopter. Never in real life will you see a police helicopter deployed for something like "there's a man in a car who might have drugs", or "there is a man in a car its suspected he has a firearm" unless said person shows any signs of evasion... Am I not correct?

You are not. I already explained it. LAPD and LASD both have daily helicopter patrols. They WILL respond to anything that requires further assistance. It's not the fault of the LSPD or the LSSD that the only thing happening on this server at the time is that one specific incident. Helicopter doesn't magically consume more fuel if it's responding to a situation. It's already consuming fuel if it's patrolling. Furthermore, if a person is suspected of having a firearm and they have a prior charges for aggressive behavior, that's a pretty big deal.

4 minutes ago, Captain said:

I don't really give a fuck about the helicopters myself, I'm just trying to get some answers on why it always feels like no matter who you are or what you've done you're treated like Sadam Hussein coming out of his bunker. So I opened up with the budget question because maybe a God like LSPD budget would give good ic justification to the usage of all these wicked gadgets and etc for things that don't really require it.

Any examples besides symbolic Sadam?

From my POV, one of the toughest things for an LEO faction to do on this server is to provide healthy, realistic responses to situations.

The reason this is tough is because they have to try and do that despite the crime rates that are much higher than they are in real life.

Finding that balance between providing police roleplay and responses that mirror IRL when most of the “population” is violent and the violent crime rates are so much higher than they would be in real life is difficult. 

And no, I’m not complaining about violent crime rates. It’s a fucking game. Violent crime is fun. So is roleplaying law enforcement. Achieving a balance when trying to provide realistic LEO roleplay responses to the exorbitantly high crime rates can be tough, though. 

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, Cocaine Capital said:

The budget is actually properly used. Spreadsheets of what goes where, prices of individual equipment, all of that. The claim of PD and SD pulling out the "big guns" on kids is pretty baseless when you got kids killing people then getting mad when they get in trouble. It's all a game and peoples choices dictate other peoples choices.

It costs $800 to $900 per hour to fly the helicopters in the LAPD based on recent estimates. The LAPD spends roughly $250,000 annually to maintain each chopper; a total of $5 million was spent last year. The actual helicopter price can range from $500,000 to $3,000,000. I don't think it's really all taken into account when you adjust it to GTA;W inflation. If so, surely these budgets should be made available to everyone as it IRL?

Just now, Captain said:

Someone answer this please.

To answer your question. The budget is based on the expenses on the server. Vehicle costs, paychecks, furniture, the like. It's not based off something IRL but it's based on the actual in-game economy and people.