What is LSPD's budget?

Legate

90 to 100 million quarterly. Now that's just the close gap server economy spent on paychecks for all 200 something members and spare cash for acquiring vehicles and any interiors they need to make or modify. It's up to the faction itself to be realistic surrounding assets and expenses that realitically go into equipment and overall maintenance. 

• Upvote 1

The budget is actually properly used. Spreadsheets of what goes where, prices of individual equipment, all of that. The claim of PD and SD pulling out the "big guns" on kids is pretty baseless when you got kids killing people then getting mad when they get in trouble. It's all a game and peoples choices dictate other peoples choices.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Dustyboi said:

No, like an ACTUAL plane. What would bomb squad need a Cessna for?

Uh, I don't think he meant it like that. He means that it's there just in case we ever need it. It doesn't mean we have to use it daily.

To give you insight on the PD's budget, most of it goes to paychecks. Our paychecks are limited to 20h a week. Keep in mind we have over 200 characters in the faction.

2 minutes ago, Dustyboi said:

No, like an ACTUAL plane. What would bomb squad need a Cessna for?

It was an example. I wasn't drawing an actual comparison between fixed wing aircraft and the bomb squad.

Both have purposes. Both are needed. Both are NOT needed 24/7.

I'll speak on Metro's behalf, since I believe I know where this is coming from (As this was posted right after we deployed a bearcat down to jamestown.) We tend to deploy armored vehicles and certain resources when the situation requires it. We deployed a bearcat to Jamestown for a warrant on a confirmed gang banger in an area where police officers have been shot weekly, some having been killed recently.

We have restrictions and limitations on what we deploy.

If the primary issue is with the helicopter, I recommend you speak with LFM (Truffle being LSPD's handler) or the faction leader (Roozles). They're very capable in explaining stuff are both approachable.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, RufioCas said:

Both the LAPD and LASD have daily helicopter patrols, simply because Air Units cover a wider area and can see things ground units cannot see. Are they the richest departments in the USA? No. Your argument makes no sense. They aren't some shitty backwater department.

This is a pretty relevant post that might have been missed on the previous page.

Both departments usually have several helicopters up 24 hours a day. If there's a police officer that needs backup for anything that isn't routine in the city of LA, you can almost guarantee a helicopter is going to be above within a minute or two. This can expand to two or three helicopters in pursuits and shooting incidents too.

Here's where the LSSD's budget was vetted by the existing council at the time. The city government's faction bank is where funds are dispersed to entities such as the PD, SD, FD and more.

Whether it's realistic or not is beyond understanding. The counterparts used to portray these departments are billion dollar agencies. The LAPD is appropriated 1.2b yearly and they took a $150m cut this year. The LASD has a budget of 3.3b yearly, making it the biggest sheriff's department in the nation. If you put Chicago and New York aside they're the most funded local police departments you'll find.

Now without speaking for other people, both factions seek to portray themselves closely to what they're supposed to represent. The LSSD does this & what you see in game is simply portraying bits and pieces of humongous details, units, bureaus and sheriff's stations.