Keybinds and enforcement

zUgg zUgg

The rule in place is very thorough, but clearly doesn't apply to Law enforcement. Officers are able to utilize key binds to instantly draw rifles, tasers, and perform /me's automatically. This provides a clear advantage as it allows instant withdraw of a weapon and the need to stop and type. This is a blatant break of the existing rules put in place and should not be permitted. All players, regardless of IC or OOC position should be held to the same standard, server wise. 

Either provide a blanket ban of the use of these binds/macros or afford each player the opportunity to do the same. 

Thank you and happy 2021 to all.

7) Third Party Modifications And Software

Any type of game modification or software which gives a player any type of advantage over another player is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to binds or hotkeys using programs such as AutoHotkey or macros on a keyboard or mouse. 

Client side modding to give an advantage is also considered a breach of the rule. Client side modding may only be done for aesthetic purposes and should never be done to change the function of anything in-game. 

Players are permitted to use a controller to play the game. However, due to the fact that controllers have aim assist they may not be used during shootings. All shooting must be done while playing with mouse and keyboard. Controller usage for driving and flying is acceptable.

E.G.

• Using a vehicle mod to change the handling of a vehicle or change the size to create an advantage;
  • Spawning in items;
  • Use of godmode or giving yourself body armour without in-character access;
  • Usage of keybinds, hotkeys or macros to replace roleplay or give an advantage in a roleplay scene.

Edited by zUgg zUgg
  • Thanks 1

Everyone is able to pull a weapon with the new weapon wheel through using the numeric keys, that's not an advantage Law Enforcement has. It's also not allowed for us to use binds. There's already protest from the community to remove automatic /me's, in which I fully agree. 

2 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Thats uh, a server script my dude. You can do it too.

You can't do that unless you are in the police department.  Pulling most weapons, besides pistols and some SMG's is against the server rules if not properly roleplayed.  The fact LEO's can use these keys as well as having the automatic /me response is where my issue lies. 

False, there is no automatic /me line when you pull out a weapon for LEO. Yes there was, but it was removed long ago. I don't know any LED who uses keybinds to get an advantage in shootouts, but I have personally witnessed several illegal roleplayers who copy and paste their /me lines while others are typing just to get a jump. And abusing /exitcar to get a jump. For instance:

Nobody needs to roleplay pulling out a pistol, as for rifles and shotguns, everyone needs to roleplay it. Way too many people scroll out shotguns it's not even funny and you are here accusing LEO.

Please stop posting these false accusations to further increase the conflict between legal and illegal roleplayers.

Edited by QuadTurboW16

The same rules apply to all players regardless of what faction they're in. If you have any evidence to suggest any players are using keybinds or macros to their advantage, then you should report it.

Tazers don't fall under this rule though as they're counted as smaller weapons. They don't have to be RPed as per server rules. 

I'm not a fan of any automatic RP lines (from the script, that is) myself and I've been going through the formal process to request their removal ever since I got back into doing LEO RP. They're left over from a time where the old Legal Faction Management team gave exceptions to certain actions. It's unfortunately been a slow process but progress has been made. LEOs have to RP taking guns out of the weapon rack as the automatic /me was removed, for example. There is also an active suggestion to remove the automatic RP for spikes. 

I can't think of any more automated RP outside of the spikes but if you know of any more, I suggest making a suggestion for their removal if one doesn't already exist.

• Applaud 1
Just now, Keane said:

The same rules apply to all players regardless of what faction they're in. If you have any evidence to suggest any players are using keybinds or macros to their advantage, then you should report it.

Tazers don't fall under this rule though as they're counted as smaller weapons. They don't have to be RPed as per server rules. 

I'm not a fan of any automatic RP lines (from the script, that is) myself and I've been going through the formal process to request their removal ever since I got back into doing LEO RP. They're left over from a time where the old Legal Faction Management team gave exceptions to certain actions. It's unfortunately been a slow process but progress has been made. LEOs have to RP taking guns out of the weapon rack as the automatic /me was removed, for example. There is also an active suggestion to remove the automatic RP for spikes. 

I can't think of any more automated RP outside of the spikes but if you know of any more, I suggest making a suggestion for their removal if one doesn't already exist.

Fair, I appreciate you taking the time to respond and its good to know this is under review. Thanks for the clarification among the trolling taking place. 

The PD on this server, putting it bluntly, get special treatment. When they do stupid shit they get no IC punishment, or OOC punishment for that matter. And when someone shoots them or attacks them for it, they get banned because killing police is unrealistic all of a sudden. I’ve just completely stopped fighting for fair treatment of illegal players on this server because it’s not gonna happen  

16 minutes ago, Juicy said:

The PD on this server, putting it bluntly, get special treatment. When they do stupid shit they get no IC punishment, or OOC punishment for that matter. And when someone shoots them or attacks them for it, they get banned because killing police is unrealistic all of a sudden. I’ve just completely stopped fighting for fair treatment of illegal players on this server because it’s not gonna happen  

46 minutes ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

Please stop posting these false accusations to further increase the conflict between legal and illegal roleplayers.

Bold of you to assume things when you know nothing about it. IC'ly people get suspensions and discharges for stupid things they do, OOC'ly people can get warnings admin jails even server bans. Does PD have to patrol on bicycles and only equipped with knuckle dusters so illegal roleplayers can win at every situation the only way to make you happy? Ridiculous.

• Fenrir locked this topic