What faction would you like to see take place in GTAW?

caballero

4 hours ago, symphony said:

It just wouldn't.

I dont see how it'll hinder the server? I mean if it was done incorrectly yah then it'll directly hinder the server but if it was done correctly it'll just bring more roleplay. And to say it's completely unrealistic to have them in LS seems like a stretch because once again my arguement is then the italian mafia existing in the degree that they do on here shouldn't be a thing either.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Juicebox. said:

I dont see how it'll hinder the server? I mean if it was done incorrectly yah then it'll directly hinder the server but if it was done correctly it'll just bring more roleplay. And to say it's completely unrealistic to have them in LS seems like a stretch because once again my arguement is then the italian mafia existing in the degree that they do on here shouldn't be a thing either.

My thoughts exactly. 

7 hours ago, Juicebox. said:

Italian Mafia at least exists in the US, and many of their members have/had operations in California. Yakuza is barely active even in Japan, let alone US.  I never said it would hinder anything, but it certainly wouldn't be beneficial. It's not realistic.

Edited by symphony
2 hours ago, symphony said:

Italian Mafia at least exists in the US, and many of their members have/had operations in California. Yakuza is barely active even in Japan, let alone US.  I never said it would hinder anything, but it certainly wouldn't be beneficial. It's not realistic.

This is not true. They do exist in america and california just because you dont hear about the crimes they commit doesnt mean they dont exist. They just arent out commiting major crimes such as murder like they use to. They commit white collar crimes such as money laundering, prostitution, extortion, illegal gambling, and drug/weapon trafficking. I do agree however that the yakuza has become mostly legal as they invest and pool their money together for business ventures today. Their illegal dealings make up a very small percentage of what they do.

The reason why you dont hear much about what they do is because they dont personally commit the drug trafficking they are well documented to have a small vietnamese/korean street gang distribute the drugs in a more careful chain of command approach. Their leaders smuggle it in to them to which they distribute and sell to lower street gangs to which it gets onto the streets. 

The fact that you never hear about the yakuza in america is by design but if you actually research the yakuza they are most definitely in America.

Essentially I dont think anyone should be barred from roleplaying yakuza if done correctly. I mean since they do not have the strongest impact on america anymore, I'd more or less be pointing towards a very small and tight knit group that can work everything out amongst themselves and work around current asian street gangs in order to exist.

Edited by Juicebox.

The server doesn’t need a cult nor should there be one,  because when people say they want a cult, they mean something like the one from Far Cry, or some psychopath doomsday cult. Those aren’t common, as a matter of fact most cults are just tight knit groups of offshoots of Christianity that’s a bit more insane and wild. I’m not saying they’re not violent but it’s not to the point of having human sacrifices  and satanic rituals. This community would not be able to do it correctly at all. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic