What faction would you like to see take place in GTAW?

caballero

How about fixing the factions that are already extant on the server?

It's currently a watered down simulacrum of LS-RP where most illegal factions can be summed up as simply as "mafia but the characters are from X country." If you're going to make huge leaps in logic opening up some Bolivian Revolutionary Nationalist Movement faction on the west coast, at least put some effort into it beyond your character names.

On 6/24/2021 at 12:33 AM, Stiggz said:

You can literally buy an untraceable gun on the side of the road for 100 dollars in California

Maybe but those guns aren't used to murder people at the rate of 1% of the population dying daily in the real LA.

LA had 2 cops killed on duty last year. Los Santos had like 5 this week.

Edited by arandomgamer
1 hour ago, Slamdance said:

How about fixing the factions that are already extant on the server?

It's currently a watered down simulacrum of LS-RP where most illegal factions can be summed up as simply as "mafia but the characters are from X country." If you're going to make huge leaps in logic opening up some Bolivian Revolutionary Nationalist Movement faction on the west coast, at least put some effort into it beyond your character names.

This is heavily addressed by IFM. If you have any concerns, report said factions and explain why they're done wrong. There're numerous factions that have been closed for poor portrayal and everything you mention. I've lead a faction here and RPed in a few. I've come across way more people that put in effort for their characters than people who do not, so your point is valid. This is not even the thread to discuss this under, it's just something you've seen but not reported. These factions are dealt with when they're reported and IFM indeed determines them invalid. Also, if a leader makes no effort in contacting IFM and in-deed makes a GROUP that does not actually exist in the West Coast, then they have slimmer chances at the official status anyway, or, if they're completely unrealistic, will not even last a week.

Something on topic though, I recon most of what could be done has been done. I'd fancy seeing some really well portrayed gangs, especially Asian gangs, but there're some already. I recon an well portrayed ABZ or TRG would be good, but I heard something is in works already.

3 hours ago, arandomgamer said:

Maybe but those guns aren't used to murder people at the rate of 1% of the population dying daily in the real LA.

LA had 2 cops killed on duty last year. Los Santos had like 5 this week.

Probably because the cops on this server are horrible at portraying the LAPD, they think this is the UK metropolitan police or something. Just the other day there was a shooting out near rancho, so they broke into and went through every single car that was outside. Where the fuck has this ever happened?

3 hours ago, For Ever said:

This is heavily addressed by IFM. If you have any concerns, report said factions and explain why they're done wrong. There're numerous factions that have been closed for poor portrayal and everything you mention. I've lead a faction here and RPed in a few. I've come across way more people that put in effort for their characters than people who do not, so your point is valid. This is not even the thread to discuss this under, it's just something you've seen but not reported. These factions are dealt with when they're reported and IFM indeed determines them invalid. Also, if a leader makes no effort in contacting IFM and in-deed makes a GROUP that does not actually exist in the West Coast, then they have slimmer chances at the official status anyway, or, if they're completely unrealistic, will not even last a week.

Something on topic though, I recon most of what could be done has been done. I'd fancy seeing some really well portrayed gangs, especially Asian gangs, but there're some already. I recon an well portrayed ABZ or TRG would be good, but I heard something is in works already.

I've joined like 3 Asian gangs and they never really gain any traction. Not saying they can't be good but it's not easy.

7 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

But you literally just used the LAPD to try to back up your claim???

No? I pointed out that this city is so fucked up that if this was real life you'd have metal detectors in every shop.

It doesn't matter what city we're emulating. When 1% of your population is murdered daily a police state is exactly what you'd realistically get.

9 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

Just the other day there was a shooting out near rancho, so they broke into and went through every single car that was outside. Where the fuck has this ever happened?

And? If this was real life you'd have the National Guard patroling outside and probably a curfew. It's pretty clear that normal policing isn't lowering the crime rate.

Edited by arandomgamer
  • Wuhtah locked this topic