What faction would you like to see take place in GTAW?

caballero

41 minutes ago, Invictus said:

Honestly, I think having a federal agency will benefit both the legal and illegal roleplayers. We evolved so much over the last 3 years as in we went from having only PD and FD with a little judicial side to having a full scale government with all the 3 branches: executive, legislative and judicial while also having PD, SD, FD, SFM as well as going in deep into politics with all kind of parties, voting system etc. I don't know how many of the players are aware that SFM (State Fire Marshals) exists and it's a 3rd LEO faction whose only purpose is to investigate arsons or literally anything fire related. I'm not sure if they have other tasks but eitherway it's something different and it definitely works just fine from what I can see and tell.

Throwing everything to PD/SD is not the way to go as they probably already have a lot on their plate and I'm sure the Detective Bureau is full of all kind of cases, barely keeping a balance between their real life priorities and the roleplay in game. Now imagine stacking up more tasks on them. It's already pretty slowed as it currently is. Realistically speaking and for the sake of our universe's immersion crimes such as money laundering, public corruption, death of an important political figure, organized crime on a big scale is usually dealt with by federal agencies as they have better tools and equipment.

Let's imagine some scenarios:

-> Player A wants to roleplay corruption as a political figure, let's say State Senator (The Wire tv show crossed my mind) and they have done their roleplay properly through development and all that. How can the local authority investigate an employee of the government? Not only they don't have the tools but going after a government employee is not an easy task and most likely would be dealt with by FBI since they are very bureaucratic and would love such a case as long as they get the credits for it. Sure, you can look into it as a detective but you'd need a hella of a strong case to even have a chance in court.

-> Player B is part of Internal Affairs. Someone who is corrupt outscales them in rank and they cannot do anything about it and looking into it might get them fired In Character. How can Player B deal with it? How can Player B figure out a way In Character to find enough evidence against their higher up.

-> Player C is planning a hit on The Mayor and succeeds with it managing to get away temporarily. How can the only local police be involved in it's investigation when this would mean a full scale manhunt?

-> Player D is also part of Internal Affairs and is corrupt. They shrugg off the cases. What's there to be even done from an In Character perspective?

-> Player E wants to roleplay in a specific area and probably has the experience for it. Why is it necessary to wait real life 6 months just to get in the desired spot?

I mentioned illegal roleplay as that'd bring in opportunities. We already have organized crimes factions - foreign mob, local mob etc. Imagine if they'd be afraid of having feds look into their business especially when the money laundering system will become a thing. Illegal roleplay can also mean roleplaying corruption which again, is dealt with, on a federal level. I gave those scenarios above as an example of possible scenarios that might rise in our roleplay which currently have a /no way out/ so to speak. 

It's nice to see we are past the old days and we're constantly evolving and improving as a community. GTA 5 just offers so many possibilities to roleplay. I'd love to see more stuff  from legal roleplay as well as the rise of possible cartels on the illegal side. (if they are not a thing already).

I fully agree with this. Me and @ElDiablo had a narco themed faction, on a more realistic sense since full blown cartels operating in the USA isn't exactly a thing and it's more dumbed down and low-key. @Knoxville had one too, which was cool.

28 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

We really need a monolithic corporate entity to provide an office work environment.

There's this actually. Though they're very subtle and quiet if you do in depth research you might be able to find them. And they've been kicking it strong since 2018. Therefor we can add the word consistent as well.

Edited by Chuck Lee
24 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

We really need a monolithic corporate entity to provide an office work environment.

Check this out. If you have questions regarding the institution, feel free to send me a private message.

27 minutes ago, Invictus said:

You forgot federal prison.

Exactly. This is not doable, a state agency is way more within realistic boundaries.

It's not that I don't want it, it's simply that I believe that adding it as a state agency would be easier to organize since we can use the assets already at our disposal.

Edited by BjornV
25 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

they're very subtle and quiet

...which is an impressive offer when asking for something large and powerful, hence the term "monolithic.

I have looked for these businesses, and the almost regular issue with the subtle and quiet ones is that they subtle and quiet enough to the point that they usually dissolve before actually providing a job.

Hence a newfound desire for something big and immovable, an established corporate entity that has enough subsidiaries and connections to survive what even Lazarus would shy away from.

22 minutes ago, AIR said:

Check this out. If you have questions regarding the institution, feel free to send me a private message.

Is it a second job involving actual paperwork, or are there simpler positions available that will allow more roleplay? The fun diminishes a little when the roleplay job requires an education in calculus.

This is speaking from experience too, as my current ingame lawyer profession is essentially just short of learning real world lawyer skills to contend with real world lawyers.

6 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

...which is an impressive offer when asking for something large and powerful, hence the term "monolithic.

I have looked for these businesses, and the almost regular issue with the subtle and quiet ones is that they subtle and quiet enough to the point that they usually dissolve before actually providing a job.

Hence a newfound desire for something big and immovable, an established corporate entity that has enough subsidiaries and connections to survive what even Lazarus would shy away from.

Is it a second job involving actual paperwork, or are there simpler positions available that will allow more roleplay? The fun diminishes a little when the roleplay job requires an education in calculus.

This is speaking from experience too, as my current ingame lawyer profession is essentially just short of learning real world lawyer skills to contend with real world lawyers.

There are things to do but it's nothing serious. Also depends on what you join as. I wouldn't say it's something that willl consume your time entirely. Not at all.

54 minutes ago, BjornV said:

Exactly. This is not doable, a state agency is way more within realistic boundaries.

It's not that I don't want it, it's simply that I believe that adding it as a state agency would be easier to organize since we can use the assets already at our disposal.

Well, at least it would be something, even if it's not some kind of a federal agency. But the key here would to make sure the same thing as last attempt of SABI does not occur again and just become a big joke, it has be taken seriously, led by people who know what they're doing as well as people who have considerable law enforcement experience. Otherwise the previous SABI will happen all over again and we'll be left in a place where we have nothing.

EDIT: Also none of that bullshit that previous SABI did by going to 911 calls, pulling people over or patrolling the city and the other dumb stuff they did.

Edited by Marty
1 hour ago, Invictus said:

Honestly, I think having a federal agency will benefit both the legal and illegal roleplayers. We evolved so much over the last 3 years as in we went from having only PD and FD with a little judicial side to having a full scale government with all the 3 branches: executive, legislative and judicial while also having PD, SD, FD, SFM as well as going in deep into politics with all kind of parties, voting system etc. I don't know how many of the players are aware that SFM (State Fire Marshals) exists and it's a 3rd LEO faction whose only purpose is to investigate arsons or literally anything fire related. I'm not sure if they have other tasks but eitherway it's something different and it definitely works just fine from what I can see and tell.

Throwing everything to PD/SD is not the way to go as they probably already have a lot on their plate and I'm sure the Detective Bureau is full of all kind of cases, barely keeping a balance between their real life priorities and the roleplay in game. Now imagine stacking up more tasks on them. It's already pretty slowed as it currently is. Realistically speaking and for the sake of our universe's immersion crimes such as money laundering, public corruption, death of an important political figure, organized crime on a big scale is usually dealt with by federal agencies as they have better tools and equipment.

Let's imagine some scenarios:

-> Player A wants to roleplay corruption as a political figure, let's say State Senator (The Wire tv show crossed my mind) and they have done their roleplay properly through development and all that. How can the local authority investigate an employee of the government? Not only they don't have the tools but going after a government employee is not an easy task and most likely would be dealt with by FBI since they are very bureaucratic and would love such a case as long as they get the credits for it. Sure, you can look into it as a detective but you'd need a hella of a strong case to even have a chance in court.

-> Player B is part of Internal Affairs. Someone who is corrupt outscales them in rank and they cannot do anything about it and looking into it might get them fired In Character. How can Player B deal with it? How can Player B figure out a way In Character to find enough evidence against their higher up.

-> Player C is planning a hit on The Mayor and succeeds with it managing to get away temporarily. How can the only local police be involved in it's investigation when this would mean a full scale manhunt?

-> Player D is also part of Internal Affairs and is corrupt. They shrugg off the cases. What's there to be even done from an In Character perspective?

-> Player E wants to roleplay in a specific area and probably has the experience for it. Why is it necessary to wait real life 6 months just to get in the desired spot?

I mentioned illegal roleplay as that'd bring in opportunities. We already have organized crimes factions - foreign mob, local mob etc. Imagine if they'd be afraid of having feds look into their business especially when the money laundering system will become a thing. Illegal roleplay can also mean roleplaying corruption which again, is dealt with, on a federal level. I gave those scenarios above as an example of possible scenarios that might rise in our roleplay which currently have a /no way out/ so to speak. 

It's nice to see we are past the old days and we're constantly evolving and improving as a community. GTA 5 just offers so many possibilities to roleplay. I'd love to see more stuff  from legal roleplay as well as the rise of possible cartels on the illegal side. (if they are not a thing already).

This. The server is growing also, I don't see why it would be such a problem. I think this would also benefit illegal RPers like you said too because it'll spark up more criminal based factions around that idea too, such as white collar crime etc. 

Anyways yes, we need to quit throwing everything on PD/SD as there are (a lot) people that want to see i.e the IRS, FBI etc be their own faction ran by different people doing their own thing. Not everyone wants to have to join PD or SD and be a beat cop just to investigate white collar crimes etc. 

Crazy how we have super-police on GTA:W.

• Wuhtah locked this topic