What faction would you like to see take place in GTAW?

caballero

On 3/17/2021 at 7:49 AM, LoLo.Jpg said:

I'd definitely like to see the FBI. I understand there is a detectives division as well as many other investigative divisions in the PD/SD, although I believe the FBI could focus on a larger role when it comes to gang investigations / firearms trafficking etc specifically instead of policing. Would be pretty badass seeing the FBI "dismantle" and entire gang from the server. 

I'd like to see FBI as well, however, with different purpose and more defined purpose as to not take away too much roleplay from current Law Enforcement Agencies. Primarily, what I would want FBI is for the primary focus of investigating public corruption as nobody else is really capable of doing so at the current moment therefore corruption doesn't have as much risk and accountability as it should realistically. Think the likes of the Halford corruption, city and state officials as well as corruption within any other government agency, including PD and SD, as well as any corruption within the prison system. Unfortunately, Internal Affairs have their limits therefore a federal agency with the authority to investigate public corruption would be extremely important.

With the new economy update, I think they should also be able to investigate federal crime in relation to money laundering, frauds and whatever else might be required, sort of what Secret Service does. Of course, we can't have every single federal agency therefore compromises may need to happen.

FBI should also investigate key cases, such as the recent murder of JSA's prosecutor as murdering an prosecutor brings hell down to whoever did it, which is not possible to replicate in the server due to not having any agency with federal power. Therefore, immersion is put on risk.
Lastly, investigate organized crime along with PD and SD Detective Bureaus, realistically speaking, local agencies do not go near organized crime due to their reach and it's been an compromise within the server. Of course not to take off any of their work, but more to ease the workload of DB as well as actually have the threat of being able to shut down illegal organizations, something that I have heard many people want.

Why hasn't FBI been considered? I have no idea. But we're currently in a point on the server that it can be sustainable and in fact, required to increase the health of current legal factions as well as introduce another authority level that can put corrupted officials/officers in real fear of being found out, hence they would require to make adaptions or suffer the consequences.

However, there's one issue with such a faction. It would have serious authority and something like that should not be trusted to just anyone, but capable people that fully understand the purpose and function of having such faction without going overboard and adding unnecessary stress to current factions. Especially people that will not get ideas to go around and flash their badge, thinking they're the kings. Most importantly, has to be very unbiased and neutral without being influenceable, this goes both IC'ly and OOC'ly. Also not to be one of those things that becomes a big friend circle which brings issues too. This might be harder to achieve than one might imagine.

But, if this can be done correctly, it will be very beneficial to the server and add another sense of realism that has not been done anywhere else on any roleplay servers. It certainly wouldn't be an easy thing to introduce, but, well worth it if done correctly.

If hunting was introduced where the goods can be sold to the farmers market for money, then introducing a small Park Rangers group would be nice to see rolling around the mountainous backroads of San Andreas looking for illegal hunters, assisting in rural rescue efforts as first responders and maybe even setting up wildlife projects that people can partake in (not to mention probably stumble upon the occasional dead body or two).

Might even help to bring some much-needed server activity up North for once if hunting was introduced, not to mention that it gives the server an excuse to use the Park Ranger Granger.

OPkQCGb.jpg

1 hour ago, TinPan said:

If hunting was introduced where the goods can be sold to the farmers market for money, then introducing a small Park Rangers group would be nice to see rolling around the mountainous backroads of San Andreas looking for illegal hunters, assisting in rural rescue efforts as first responders and maybe even setting up wildlife projects that people can partake in (not to mention probably stumble upon the occasional dead body or two).

Might even help to bring some much-needed server activity up North for once if hunting was introduced, not to mention that it gives the server an excuse to use the Park Ranger Granger.

OPkQCGb.jpg

This would be cool, especially having them patrol Grand Senora and Paleto, since they're there in story mode.

11 hours ago, Marty said:

I'd like to see FBI as well, however, with different purpose and more defined purpose as to not take away too much roleplay from current Law Enforcement Agencies. Primarily, what I would want FBI is for the primary focus of investigating public corruption as nobody else is really capable of doing so at the current moment therefore corruption doesn't have as much risk and accountability as it should realistically. Think the likes of the Halford corruption, city and state officials as well as corruption within any other government agency, including PD and SD, as well as any corruption within the prison system. Unfortunately, Internal Affairs have their limits therefore a federal agency with the authority to investigate public corruption would be extremely important.

With the new economy update, I think they should also be able to investigate federal crime in relation to money laundering, frauds and whatever else might be required, sort of what Secret Service does. Of course, we can't have every single federal agency therefore compromises may need to happen.

FBI should also investigate key cases, such as the recent murder of JSA's prosecutor as murdering an prosecutor brings hell down to whoever did it, which is not possible to replicate in the server due to not having any agency with federal power. Therefore, immersion is put on risk.
Lastly, investigate organized crime along with PD and SD Detective Bureaus, realistically speaking, local agencies do not go near organized crime due to their reach and it's been an compromise within the server. Of course not to take off any of their work, but more to ease the workload of DB as well as actually have the threat of being able to shut down illegal organizations, something that I have heard many people want.

Why hasn't FBI been considered? I have no idea. But we're currently in a point on the server that it can be sustainable and in fact, required to increase the health of current legal factions as well as introduce another authority level that can put corrupted officials/officers in real fear of being found out, hence they would require to make adaptions or suffer the consequences.

However, there's one issue with such a faction. It would have serious authority and something like that should not be trusted to just anyone, but capable people that fully understand the purpose and function of having such faction without going overboard and adding unnecessary stress to current factions. Especially people that will not get ideas to go around and flash their badge, thinking they're the kings. Most importantly, has to be very unbiased and neutral without being influenceable, this goes both IC'ly and OOC'ly. Also not to be one of those things that becomes a big friend circle which brings issues too. This might be harder to achieve than one might imagine.

But, if this can be done correctly, it will be very beneficial to the server and add another sense of realism that has not been done anywhere else on any roleplay servers. It certainly wouldn't be an easy thing to introduce, but, well worth it if done correctly.

On 3/17/2021 at 3:49 AM, LoLo.Jpg said:

I'd definitely like to see the FBI. I understand there is a detectives division as well as many other investigative divisions in the PD/SD, although I believe the FBI could focus on a larger role when it comes to gang investigations / firearms trafficking etc specifically instead of policing. Would be pretty badass seeing the FBI "dismantle" and entire gang from the server. 

This. I'd love to be apart or just see some sort of slower, passive LEO RP. Watching the FBI on LSRP was great, it was secretive, slower and very creative. It really showed character development in Law Enforcement. Why does everything get thrown to PD/SD? Why must I be a beat cop that zips through the city one minute, then investigates something the next? A great example that I'm currently disappointed with right now is the IRS.

The IRS could have been it's own faction ran by the government, but nope it got thrown to PD/SD. Which is probably why the FBI won't exist. It should though, the server keeps growing and growing. The IRS doesn't need to be a sub-division ran by PD/SD, it needs to be it's own faction ran by someone entirely different with new members, ideas, etc. Why does someone have to be a police officer, if they want to investigate IRS related crimes...it's silly. Nobody wants to go and arrest a gang banger in uniform, then switch my callsign and investigate bank fraud. PD/SD should not get everything. Not everyone should have to join PD/SD and be a beat cop to experience IRS type RP. That's why the FBI doesn't exist. PD/SD gets everything and it becomes some sub-division. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Ronnie two poles said:

This. I'd love to be apart or just see some sort of slower, passive LEO RP. Watching the FBI on LSRP was great, it was secretive, slower and very creative. It really showed character development in Law Enforcement. Why does everything get thrown to PD/SD? Why must I be a beat cop that zips through the city one minute, then investigates something the next? A great example that I'm currently disappointed with right now is the IRS.

The IRS could have been it's own faction ran by the government, but nope it got thrown to PD/SD. Which is probably why the FBI won't exist. It should though, the server keeps growing and growing. The IRS doesn't need to be a sub-division ran by PD/SD, it needs to be it's own faction ran by someone entirely different with new members, ideas, etc. Why does someone have to be a police officer, if they want to investigate IRS related crimes...it's silly. Nobody wants to go and arrest a gang banger in uniform, then switch my callsign and investigate bank fraud. PD/SD should not get everything. Not everyone should have to join PD/SD and be a beat cop to experience IRS type RP. That's why the FBI doesn't exist. PD/SD gets everything and it becomes some sub-division. 

Exactly, FBI would perfect sense to have on the server, it would be niche kind of law enforcement roleplay, same as State Fire Marshals is. That takes things quite differently from PD/SD. As well as requiring specific mindset to be able to be part of. Not to mention generally improving the quality of the server legal factions.

I was curious as to why or how you knew that IRS would become part of PD/SD until I did some looking into and frankly put, that makes little to no sense to occur. And I am too disappointed in that decision. 

Someone shouldn't be forced to go through the beat patrol just to get into niche law enforcement roleplay and such roleplay does not belong in factions where it's mostly fast paced action, that is gonna bring a bad mindset into that roleplay and ruin the experience for many people. If anything it should be part of State Government with the authority to investigate and look into, replicating what IRS is on federal authority to state authority level.

But regardless, I don't understand how or why would an local authority investigate federal crimes (money laundering is federal crime), there's a reason why Federal agencies exist in US and it's to investigate federal crimes where local authority either does not have necessary tools or authority to investigate, not to mention being an issue of corruption within the local authority.

It's unfortunate that's it's gonna be unlikely that we see anything in the server in regards to Federal authority, and it's truly a shame as it will only impact the health of the server in a negative way, especially by the fact that some choices impact immersion, mostly negatively. The only hope is that it will be realized by management some day, but until then, I guess its just what it is.

Edit: I'll also add this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_Crimes_Enforcement_Network

Notice how no local authority is part of that network. I wonder why...

Edited by Marty
3 minutes ago, Marty said:

Exactly, FBI would perfect sense to have on the server, it would be niche kind of law enforcement roleplay, same as State Fire Marshals is. That takes things quite differently from PD/SD. As well as requiring specific mindset to be able to be part of. Not to mention generally improving the quality of the server legal factions.

I was curious as to why or how you knew that IRS would become part of PD/SD until I did some looking into and frankly put, that makes little to no sense to occur. And I am too disappointed in that decision. 

Someone shouldn't be forced to go through the beat patrol just to get into niche law enforcement roleplay and such roleplay does not belong in factions where it's mostly fast paced action, that is gonna bring a bad mindset into that roleplay and ruin the experience for many people. If anything it should be part of State Government with the authority to investigate and look into, replicating what IRS is on federal authority to state authority level.

But regardless, I don't understand how or why would an local authority investigate federal crimes (money laundering is federal crime), there's a reason why Federal agencies exist in US and it's to investigate federal crimes where local authority either does not have necessary tools or authority to investigate, not to mention being an issue of corruption within the local authority.

It's unfortunate that's it's gonna be unlikely that we see anything in the server in regards to Federal authority, and it's truly a shame as it will only impact the health of the server in a negative way, especially by the fact that some choices impact immersion, mostly negatively. The only hope is that it will be realized by management some day, but until then, I guess its just what it is.

Yep. I was very much so looking forward to the IRS until I learned PD/SD is going to get it. I wanted to see people (and maybe myself) RP older, seasoned law enforcement officers in an office setting, slowly investigating crime and developing their characters deeper into federal law enforcement while trying to maintain a secretive lifestyle off duty. Very niche and unique, but instead it's thrown to the TAC 1 pursuit one second, gang banging bustin next second, fraud investigating super-hero we investigate everything and have a division for literally every thing already existing factions. 

• Applaud 1

Honestly, I think having a federal agency will benefit both the legal and illegal roleplayers. We evolved so much over the last 3 years as in we went from having only PD and FD with a little judicial side to having a full scale government with all the 3 branches: executive, legislative and judicial while also having PD, SD, FD, SFM as well as going in deep into politics with all kind of parties, voting system etc. I don't know how many of the players are aware that SFM (State Fire Marshals) exists and it's a 3rd LEO faction whose only purpose is to investigate arsons or literally anything fire related. I'm not sure if they have other tasks but eitherway it's something different and it definitely works just fine from what I can see and tell.

Throwing everything to PD/SD is not the way to go as they probably already have a lot on their plate and I'm sure the Detective Bureau is full of all kind of cases, barely keeping a balance between their real life priorities and the roleplay in game. Now imagine stacking up more tasks on them. It's already pretty slowed as it currently is. Realistically speaking and for the sake of our universe's immersion crimes such as money laundering, public corruption, death of an important political figure, organized crime on a big scale is usually dealt with by federal agencies as they have better tools and equipment.

Let's imagine some scenarios:

-> Player A wants to roleplay corruption as a political figure, let's say State Senator (The Wire tv show crossed my mind) and they have done their roleplay properly through development and all that. How can the local authority investigate an employee of the government? Not only they don't have the tools but going after a government employee is not an easy task and most likely would be dealt with by FBI since they are very bureaucratic and would love such a case as long as they get the credits for it. Sure, you can look into it as a detective but you'd need a hella of a strong case to even have a chance in court.

-> Player B is part of Internal Affairs. Someone who is corrupt outscales them in rank and they cannot do anything about it and looking into it might get them fired In Character. How can Player B deal with it? How can Player B figure out a way In Character to find enough evidence against their higher up.

-> Player C is planning a hit on The Mayor and succeeds with it managing to get away temporarily. How can the only local police be involved in it's investigation when this would mean a full scale manhunt?

-> Player D is also part of Internal Affairs and is corrupt. They shrugg off the cases. What's there to be even done from an In Character perspective?

-> Player E wants to roleplay in a specific area and probably has the experience for it. Why is it necessary to wait real life 6 months just to get in the desired spot?

I mentioned illegal roleplay as that'd bring in opportunities. We already have organized crimes factions - foreign mob, local mob etc. Imagine if they'd be afraid of having feds look into their business especially when the money laundering system will become a thing. Illegal roleplay can also mean roleplaying corruption which again, is dealt with, on a federal level. I gave those scenarios above as an example of possible scenarios that might rise in our roleplay which currently have a /no way out/ so to speak. 

It's nice to see we are past the old days and we're constantly evolving and improving as a community. GTA 5 just offers so many possibilities to roleplay. I'd love to see more stuff  from legal roleplay as well as the rise of possible cartels on the illegal side. (if they are not a thing already).

• Upvote 1
Just now, Invictus said:

Honestly, I think having a federal agency will benefit both the legal and illegal roleplayers. We evolved so much over the last 3 years as in we went from having only PD and FD with a little judicial side to having a full scale government with all the 3 branches: executive, legislative and judicial while also having PD, SD, FD, SFM as well as going in deep into politics with all kind of parties, voting system etc. I don't know how many of the players are aware that SFM (State Fire Marshals) exists and it's a 3rd LEO faction whose only purpose is to investigate arsons or literally anything fire related. I'm not sure if they have other tasks but eitherway it's something different and it definitely works just fine from what I can see and tell.

Throwing everything to PD/SD is not the way to go as they probably already have a lot on their plate and I'm sure the Detective Bureau is full of all kind of cases, barely keeping a balance between their real life priorities and the roleplay in game. Now imagine stacking up more tasks on them. It's already pretty slowed as it currently is. Realistically speaking and for the sake of our universe's immersion crimes such as money laundering, public corruption, death of an important political figure, organized crime on a big scale is usually dealt with by federal agencies as they have better tools and equipment.

Let's imagine some scenarios:

-> Player A wants to roleplay corruption as a political figure, let's say State Senator (The Wire tv show crossed my mind) and they have done their roleplay properly through development and all that. How can the local authority investigate an employee of the government? Not only they don't have the tools but going after a government employee is not an easy task and most likely would be dealt with by FBI since they are very bureaucratic and would love such a case as long as they get the credits for it. Sure, you can look into it as a detective but you'd need a hella of a strong case to even have a chance in court.

-> Player B is part of Internal Affairs. Someone who is corrupt outscales them in rank and they cannot do anything about it and looking into it might get them fired In Character. How can Player B deal with it? How can Player B figure out a way In Character to find enough evidence against their higher up.

-> Player C is planning a hit on The Mayor and succeeds with it managing to get away temporarily. How can the only local police be involved in it's investigation when this would mean a full scale manhunt?

-> Player D is also part of Internal Affairs and is corrupt. They shrugg off the cases. What's there to be even done from an In Character perspective?

-> Player E wants to roleplay in a specific area and probably has the experience for it. Why is it necessary to wait real life 6 months just to get in the desired spot?

I mentioned illegal roleplay as that'd bring in opportunities. We already have organized crimes factions - foreign mob, local mob etc. Imagine if they'd be afraid of having feds look into their business especially when the money laundering system will become a thing. Illegal roleplay can also mean roleplaying corruption which again, is dealt with, on a federal level. I gave those scenarios above as an example of possible scenarios that might rise in our roleplay which currently have a /no way out/ so to speak. 

It's nice to see we are past the old days and we're constantly evolving and improving as a community. GTA 5 just offers so many possibilities to roleplay. I'd love to see more stuff  from legal roleplay as well as the rise of possible cartels on the illegal side. (if they are not a thing already).

I'd make it a state agency under the DOJ purely to be able to incorporate it under state law but yes. Having this be a faction would be a very good idea.

12 minutes ago, BjornV said:

I'd make it a state agency under the DOJ purely to be able to incorporate it under state law but yes. Having this be a faction would be a very good idea.

That would be all fine and dandy, except, all these crimes in Invictus post, is all about federal crimes that an state agency would not look into or at the very least, just assist federal agency with. Also let's not forget the attempt of SABI, was a great idea in theory, but failed practically because the only people in it were alts of JSA, some probably not even having required experience to portray such a character and it was a big friend circle (I don't know for sure, but that's what I have heard, take it with a grain of salt) which in my post I explained is something that should absolutely not happen with an agency of this caliber. Especially since it will have an huge impact on current legal factions, so it has to be done right or not at all.

Regardless, I have said plenty about my opinions of such an opinion and certainly can't help but agree with @Invictus  points. 

One of primary tasks of FBI is to investigate public corruption and something that's able to do that, is urgently required in this server. I'm sure certain group might be against it.

2 minutes ago, Marty said:

That would be all fine and dandy, except, all these crimes in Invictus post, is all about federal crimes that an state agency would not look into or at the very least, just assist federal agency with. Also let's not forget the attempt of SABI, was a great idea in theory, but failed practically because the only people in it were alts of JSA, some probably not even having required experience to portray such a character and it was a big friend circle (I don't know for sure, but that's what I have heard, take it with a grain of salt) which in my post I explained is something that should absolutely not happen with an agency of this caliber. Especially since it will have an huge impact on current legal factions, so it has to be done right or not at all.

Regardless, I have said plenty about my opinions of such an opinion and certainly can't help but agree with @Invictus  points. 

One of primary tasks of FBI is to investigate public corruption and something that's able to do that, is urgently required in this server. I'm sure certain group might be against it.

Adding a federal agency means:
Adding a federal prosecutor
Adding a federal public defender
Adding a federal court
Adding a federal appelate court
Adding a SCOTUS.

No.

• Wuhtah locked this topic