What faction would you like to see take place in GTAW?

caballero

Just now, RETR0 said:

I'm pretty sure this has already been said, But a special law enforcement faction to deal with organized crime. Build RICO cases, do surveillance, etc.

DA Investigators, which me, and a few other people were fighting to get implemented. DA Investigators wouldn't have arrest power, they'd be there just to assist with the investigations, do the job that PD/SD aren't made to do. Organized crime investigations, RICO cases, extortion cases, corruption of public office, tapping phones and whatnot. Main focus would be on any kind of organized crime. Legal Faction Management is not for that, and probably it'll never be implemented, sadly. But we have State Fire Marshals though (not bashing, I love them actually, but there isn't much Roleplay for them on this server).

Just now, Rumbunctious said:

The fact that factions such as ours - Conti - have been in the making since November 2017 and haven't seen a single member indicted, ever?

In fact the only investigation against Conti that's ever gained enough traction to lead to arrests (unfruitful in the end) was OOCly scripted between two rogue members and their friend in PD.

A dedicated DA with heads on their shoulders would do wonders for both legal and illegal RP.

I appreciate the nice words, but I've been trying to get DA Investigators, and kept failing because LFM doesn't want it, PD doesn't want it. For whatever reasons, and the reason "we don't need another LEO faction" isn't something that I want to believe in. DA Investigators at the end of the day wouldn't have arrest powers, only investigation, but, it is what it is. 

Just now, Rumbunctious said:

We don't need another LEO faction. With a little effort on the side of the PD it could easily be a division within their faction.

It's not another faction though, it would be part of the Department of Justice (JSA), we have DA's already, prosecutors, they'd be part of that faction. Same as creating the division within PD. But even better.

Legal factions based around passive roleplay, even if they're alternative characters. Stuff like sawmills, fishing companies, repairing power lines and such. A place (or activity) that people would get together and perform together - not for money, not as a façade for a mob or whatever, just because. We're seriously lacking in that department.

6 minutes ago, Rumbunctious said:

The fact that factions such as ours - Conti - have been in the making since November 2017 and haven't seen a single member indicted, ever?

In fact the only investigation against Conti that's ever gained enough traction to lead to arrests (unfruitful in the end) was OOCly scripted between two rogue members and their friend in PD.

A dedicated DA with heads on their shoulders would do wonders for both legal and illegal RP.

That's because the PD do not wish to dismantle factions. With the right dedication, enough evidence could probably be gathered to shut you down in a few months. And then a few more months after you make the next faction.

But I guess that's not so fun.

• Wuhtah locked this topic