What faction would you like to see take place in GTAW?

caballero

2 hours ago, Kappaurel said:

Honestly I don't see room for a high school faction since

A) There aren't that many kids

B) Most of the people interested in academic/education RP is at the ULSA already

ULSA is a university.

A lot of people RP between the age 12-18 living in South Central, having a high school'd be great.

40 minutes ago, Bauer said:

also da special investigators!!!! 🤗

Even if this was made as a subdivision of either PD or SD (Some DA offices make use of local law enforcement because they don't employ their own DAIs), I would be in massive support of this.

The main goal is to get DAIs themselves, as this creates a lot of RP for the DA's office:
A police officer hasn't done a good enough job in an arrest, but you feel that there is reasonable grounds for an investigation? You let a DAI finish the investigation instead of outright dismissing charges.

Police/Sheriffs aren't doing anything with your crime report? In real life, "kicking" up the food chain is something that is genuinely done. People turn to the DA's office and they might decide to start an investigation when PD/SD won't.

And a /lot/ more. This wouldn't be the "magical" position to investigate organized crime or something, though. DAIs mainly act upon direction of a prosecutor in relation to ongoing investigations/finished investigations. They rarely pursue their entire own investigations. They would not at all be alike to a regular police detective bureau or a bureau of investigation/division of law enforcement acting under the scope of the department of justice&the attorney general.

but +1

1 hour ago, Juicebox. said:

snip

It's not a matter of how much crime happens there, it's about the RP opportunities. People definitely go there, they make camps, RP.

A lot less than you'd expect in the city or even the county, but then consider this:
In real life, park rangers, state rangers etc in most states don't "police" thousands of people either. Alaska has rangers covering square miles upon square miles of ground /on/ foot or with a snowmobile, because during times of year, highways are entirely blocked off.

The mere existance of park rangers might bring people to the state wilderness, too. Illegal hunters, smugglers, cults, simple campers, legal hunters ETC might all exist purely because there's law enforcement to interact with them there. Law enforcement which roleplays VERY much unlike traditional police or sheriffs.

Edited by BjornV
9 minutes ago, ScottieP said:

I don't think that people will start disappearing as easily as they do now after the addition of the Park Rangers because then it won't be let's go in the woods and get rid of someone or rob him, people will have to get more creative than that or get lucky.

i highly doubt park rangers will make alot of a difference, people still get away with offing people in the woods irl too.

6 minutes ago, Garras Up said:

i highly doubt park rangers will make alot of a difference, people still get away with offing people in the woods irl too.

Well, true but it won't be on the most obvious places and if they shoot they might be heard depending on the place. It just gets harder. Taking in consideration that this faction won't be covering everything on the map as most likely happens irl too. Definitely a change.

Just now, ScottieP said:

Well, true but it won't be on the most obvious places and if they shoot they might be heard depending on the place. It just gets harder. Taking in consideration that this faction won't be covering everything on the map as most likely happens irl too. Definitely a change.

8 minutes ago, Garras Up said:

It doesn't need to be easy or hard to get away with offing people. Rangers wouldn't exist to stop crime. They exist to create RP.

1 minute ago, ScottieP said:

Oh yeah true u got a point.

1 minute ago, BjornV said:

It doesn't need to be easy or hard to get away with offing people. Rangers wouldn't exist to stop crime. They exist to create RP.

yeah i agree then. it'd be dope to see something like that.

To my knowledge IFM do not allow cults, unfortunately. I believe if someone does their research and portrays it properly it'd probably be some of the freshest stuff to come out of the factions section, since it won't be around crime but instead a connection to a certain belief/person/idea/ etc.

Edited by Vincent
8 hours ago, Law said:

Although unlikely to ever happen as a faction (avoiding metagame), I’d love to feel the presence of an elitist circle of the most experienced, intellectual, skilled, wealthy or otherwise influential characters of Los Santos. The idea being that the group brings more constructive change to society without public interference.

This would be largely scaled down considering it’s local and not a global framework.

I think this would be really cool.

• Wuhtah locked this topic