Remove the Automatic Emote When You Show Your Badge

Short description: Remove any automatic emote completely when you show someone else your badge

Detailed description: Currently the script automatically prints out a /me showed their badge to XXX. when you do /badge, this is very unnecessary. I don't need everyone in a ten meter radius to know that I am showing my badge. /sdl doesn't do that, /showlicenses doesn't do that, why does /badge need to do that?

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? Gives people freedom of roleplay the action instead of telling everyone around them "I'm a cop."

Additional information: The emote should be removed completely, a /me or /ame would just cause potential metagaming. "I see someone showing badge through the wall and I may have a warrant, I gotta get outta here."

Edited by QuadTurboW16

Should be removed completely because showing a badge means you want that specific person to know you are a cop so you can do investigation or execute warrant etc. Not everyone around you, if you need to let everyone know just do your own emote. /me or /ame would just cause potential metagaming in a way that you wouldn't even realize.

• mj2002 locked this topic